OK, help fail on me, but I hate seeing a problem that isnt fixed, so I will give it one last shot....
Do you have priiloader installed?
If not, this is what you do:
1. Download the Modpack and IOS Update pack from the ANY Wii Guide and extract directly to your sd card. Verify the checksums.
2. You should still have the bbv2 files on your card. Delete the boot.elf file from the root. Copy the boot.dol file from the apps/wiimod folder and paste it on the root of your card.
3. Launch bbv2 and with any luck wiimod should load.
4. Once Wiimod loads, change the IOS to 249 (or 250 if the following instructions dont work).
5. Go to Wad Manager and install 1OS236.wad
6. After IOS236 installs, change the IOS again, this time to 236.
7. Install the rest of the wads in the wad folder and the wad/ios update folder.
8. Exit Wiimod and try to launch your HBC again.
Please use the Edit function.
Last edited by Jax; 01-09-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Merged Posts...
A piece of friendly advice, dont mess with stuff like this when you are sleepy, drunk, or otherwise cannot pay full attention to what you are doing. You cause bigger problems for yourself!
There are 3 things you never answered. They were: did you try the alternate versions of bbv2, what version HBC did you have, and was your wii connected to the internet. You never answered those, then installed a wad and it got you a black screen. That to me says you just wanted to do your thing instead of listening to advice here.
Now you quote a whole post telling you what to do, and instead of asking about it or letting anyone know how it went, you talk about falling to sleep. What the HELL????
Now Im ranting....enough said. Dont post anymore unless you have something valid to contribute...
I only used the bbv2 in the softmod any wii guide. It was working but freezes on scam screen of the hbc installer. The HBC is earlier version on IOS36 not sure of the exact version. I'm not sure if it was connected to the net, my friend bought it from ebay i think and ask me to help him fix it. I was already sleepy so I stopped.
OK. Now there is some info to work with. Did you try the instructions that you quoted above yet? If so, what were the results?
Thanks. Will try your suggestion now.
Why the hell would you install ios36-v1042.
Hell is not the word I wish to use, but there are kids reading this.
Last edited by mauifrog; 01-09-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Ipsa scientia potestas est.
Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.