Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: USB Loader GX is not reading my USB Drive on my Wii. Please Help!

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Us USB Loader GX is not reading my USB Drive on my Wii. Please Help!

    Here's the issue, I want to play Wii games from my USB device but I'm having a lot of trouble. I've been spending days trying to adjust my Wii for this but to no avail, so please someone help me!!

    First of all I only use a MAC computer. (But I'll into that later.)




    I've been following this tutorial video right here. Removed Failtube guide.
    I've followed all the steps.

    I installed the IOS236 Installer (Although I had to wait two hours playing my ORIGINAL Wii games (Wii Sports) after Dr.Clipper trolled me about that piracy question. So that was nice. -_-


    After that I installed the cIOS rev20b Installer
    Then I installed the USB uploader gx channel successfully using WAD Installer 1.7

    But...

    When I plug in my 32GB USB device into my Wii then run USB uploader gx, I keep getting the message.

    ERROR: USB device cannot be found now switching to channel list mode.


    To make matters worst I don't know how to get WBFS Manager (On my MAC computer) to read my 32 GB flash drive. Every time I insert my flash drive to my MAC, it doesn't recognize or do anything.

    And if this helps here is my latest syscheck I ran today.


    Spoiler







    Once again I only use a MAC computer, I don't have a PC.

    I know I'm asking for a lot, but please somebody help me on this. I even had to make an account on this forum just I can ask for help so please help me somebody. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by bmarlo; 01-03-2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Removed failtube guide, and added spoiler to syscheck.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,223
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 890 Posts
    FailTube is your problem, follow the Softmod ANY Wii link in my sig and it will fix your Wii right up


    Edit: And why did you bother posting this on here and GBATemp? Patience is a virtue and you are getting plenty of help over there.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    FailTube is your problem, follow the Softmod ANY Wii link in my sig and it will fix your Wii right up


    Edit: And why did you bother posting this on here and GBATemp? Patience is a virtue and you are getting plenty of help over there.

    Is my 32GB flash drive combatible with my Wii? I already have USB loader gx
    installed. I already have HBC installed and I really don't want to go through all that hassle with that "How to softmod your Wii". I already have USB loader GX installed and the only problem I have left is that my it won't recognized my 32 GB flash drive. Please help me.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,223
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJordan

    Is my 32GB flash drive combatible with my Wii? I already have USB loader gx installed. I already have HBC installed and I really don't want to go through all that hassle with that "How to softmod your Wii". I already have USB loader GX installed and the only problem I have left is that my it won't recognized my 32 GB flash drive. Please help me.
    The problem is most likely IOS related, you never know what those YouTube guides will have you installing...when my bro first did my Wii (I later redid it myself and also have done a couple of friends Wii's since then) nothing worked right. After finding this sites guide I told you about it set everything right. It's up to you if you want to follow it or not but that is my recommended route.

    As for your flash drive, I have absolutely no clue. I don't know anything about it other than it's a 32gb USB Flash drive. I don't know the format, cluster size, brand name, whether it's primary and/or active etc etc...therefor I unfortunately cannot answer if the problem is the USB drive.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    The problem is most likely IOS related, you never know what those YouTube guides will have you installing...when my bro first did my Wii (I later redid it myself and also have done a couple of friends Wii's since then) nothing worked right. After finding this sites guide I told you about it set everything right. It's up to you if you want to follow it or not but that is my recommended route.

    As for your flash drive, I have absolutely no clue. I don't know anything about it other than it's a 32gb USB Flash drive. I don't know the format, cluster size, brand name, whether it's primary and/or active etc etc...therefor I unfortunately cannot answer if the problem is the USB drive.

    You know what, I'm just going to legitimately buy the damn game I wanted for so long. I don't want to risk breaking my Wii or damaging my laptop. It's not worth the hassle, at least I'm able to play movies from my USB on the HBC so that's good I guess.

    Thank you very much for your help by the way, later.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,223
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJordan

    You know what, I'm just going to legitimately buy the damn game I wanted for so long. I don't want to risk breaking my Wii or damaging my laptop. It's not worth the hassle, at least I'm able to play movies from my USB on the HBC so that's good I guess.

    Thank you very much for your help by the way, later.
    You mean you don't own the game...you pirated the it??....I must refer you to the forum rules, we do not support piracy. No further help can be offered.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post

    Jax

  8. #7
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,654
    Thanks
    3,217
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    That's how it sounds to me too. Shame, Sheme. Lol

    Sent from my IPhone,Jax.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You Jax For This Useful Post


  10. #8
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,223
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    That's how it sounds to me too. Shame, Sheme. Lol

    Sent from my IPhone,Jax.
    I'd like to allow him the chance to respond before I drop a lock on the thread cause there's a chance perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but judging by that sentence I bolded in the quote it's sounding like I may have aided a pirate (sorry, he made it sound as if he owned the game )

  11. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post

    Jax

  12. #9
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,654
    Thanks
    3,217
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Don't worry about it. We never know until they slip up and I agree with you on waiting for a reply.

    Sent from my IPhone,Jax.

  13. #10
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,223
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 890 Posts
    Let's hope he has an explanation other than "I was too lazy to read the rules and too cheap to buy my games"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •