Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Issues with CFG USB Loader Mod v70r50 and DIOS MIOS.

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Issues with CFG USB Loader Mod v70r50 and DIOS MIOS.

    Hello all:


    For the life of me, I cannot get GC games to run on my soft-modded Wii. Everything else runs perfectly. Here's what I have installed:


    CFG USB Loader Mod v70r50
    DIOS MIOS v2.6


    I followed all of the guides here to the T (they are awesome) and as a result I've been able to backup all of my games, which has been incredibly helpful since my DVD drive was on the fritz and (as of last week) is now completely non-functional. I've sold most of my GC games but I still have Fire Emblem, and when I read about DIOS MIOS I wanted to give it a shot.


    Here's the issue: no matter what I do, I cannot find this mythical "DML" setting in settings. I open up CFG USB Loader. I click on the tools. I click on "settings." I click on "system". Here are my options:


    Device: USB
    Partition: FAT1
    WiiRD: Off
    Gamer Card: Off
    Admin Lock: On (defaults to that; I have unlocked successfully)
    Force Devolution: Off


    And that's it. No DML setting.


    If I place my Fire Emblem ISO in USB:\games\[FireEmblemGameID]\[FireEmblemGameID].iso, CFG USB doesn't display it at all. If I place the same folder in wbfs, the USB loader will see it, but if I try to play it, it says "not a wii game".


    I have tried reinstalling the DIOS MIOS wad, I've updated to the latest version of CFG USB, none of it has mattered. I am going insane. Please help.

  2. #2
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
    Hello all:


    For the life of me, I cannot get GC games to run on my soft-modded Wii. Everything else runs perfectly. Here's what I have installed:


    CFG USB Loader Mod v70r50
    DIOS MIOS v2.6


    I followed all of the guides here to the T (they are awesome) and as a result I've been able to backup all of my games, which has been incredibly helpful since my DVD drive was on the fritz and (as of last week) is now completely non-functional. I've sold most of my GC games but I still have Fire Emblem, and when I read about DIOS MIOS I wanted to give it a shot.


    Here's the issue: no matter what I do, I cannot find this mythical "DML" setting in settings. I open up CFG USB Loader. I click on the tools. I click on "settings." I click on "system". Here are my options:


    Device: USB
    Partition: FAT1
    WiiRD: Off
    Gamer Card: Off
    Admin Lock: On (defaults to that; I have unlocked successfully)
    Force Devolution: Off


    And that's it. No DML setting.


    If I place my Fire Emblem ISO in USB:\games\[FireEmblemGameID]\[FireEmblemGameID].iso, CFG USB doesn't display it at all. If I place the same folder in wbfs, the USB loader will see it, but if I try to play it, it says "not a wii game".


    I have tried reinstalling the DIOS MIOS wad, I've updated to the latest version of CFG USB, none of it has mattered. I am going insane. Please help.
    Use DMToolbox 0.3

    Spoiler


    Rename it like this:
    USB:/games/GFEE01/game.iso
    USB:/games/GFEP01/game.iso

    All latest USB Loaders does not have the DML setting, it's auto. Your settings are fine. If you are still having issues:

    Spoiler

    Last edited by candylove; 12-22-2012 at 05:54 PM.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you so much. Seriously. Renaming the file got it to detect.

    It won't play now, though--I suspect that's because my disc drive is broken. It goes to a black screen and the Wii drive begins blinking, as if it wants a disc, but when I give it one (even the original PoR) it refuses to boot up. I checked cluster size and it's 32KB.

    I'll keep tinkering with it, but at least now I have it loading properly. Seriously, you rock. I am so happy to finally have it detecting properly.

  4. #4
    Brawl Master DiscMurderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 64 Times in 53 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    When you say broken, can the Wii still detect the drive ( can it play Wii games through CFG USB Loader ) ?

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscMurderer View Post
    When you say broken, can the Wii still detect the drive ( can it play Wii games through CFG USB Loader ) ?
    You know, I've never tried. It stopped reading discs altogether (it tries mightily; I hear it spinning and grinding) in the Wii menu. I was able to rip only a few of my discs - Xenoblade Chronicles and Sonic & Sega - before it gave out on me. I just assumed, once it stopped being able to rip, that it wouldn't be able to play.

    That being said, I assume this has consequences for playing GCN games, yes? Does No-Disc in the options not actually mean "no disc"?

  6. #6
    Brawl Master DiscMurderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 64 Times in 53 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    If you were able to rip some of your Wii games, I don't think the disc drive is broken ( the Wii can still detect it ), I think No-Disc is decided by whether there is a disc in the drive or not, or at least that's how it is for USB Loader GX. With any USB Loader, the application has to be able to tell the disc drive that there is a game in it for it to work, so as long as the Wii can tell it's there it should work. It shouldn't affect your ability to play GC games though, did you follow any guides ?

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscMurderer View Post
    If you were able to rip some of your Wii games, I don't think the disc drive is broken ( the Wii can still detect it ), I think No-Disc is decided by whether there is a disc in the drive or not, or at least that's how it is for USB Loader GX. With any USB Loader, the application has to be able to tell the disc drive that there is a game in it for it to work, so as long as the Wii can tell it's there it should work. It shouldn't affect your ability to play GC games though, did you follow any guides ?
    Well, the disc drive is detected, but it won't play any games normally and throws a system error when it tries. One of my friends knocked it off of the table while a game was spinning in the tray, and it's been spotty ever since. CFG USB Loader works just fine, and like I said, I was able to rip a few games at first. I don't remember the exact error I got, but I did get an error when I tried to rip other games of mine (like Mario Kart and Wii Sports Resort).

    I did follow guides for DIOS MIOS, although I could go through them again to see if I'm missing something. All I know is that now, when I try to load PoR through the USB Loader, all I get is a black screen and a blinking cd tray. I've checked all of the obvious settings (e.g. 32KB cluster) but nothing seems to work. I may have a bad rip, but I don't know what I can do about that--my Wii drive is on the fritz and I sold my GC when I got my Wii.

  8. #8
    Brawl Master DiscMurderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 64 Times in 53 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    On the original post, it says the partition is FAT1, is that the file system or just the name ? If it's the file system, that could be your problem, but I doubt that's it if you were able to rip a few games ... I'm honestly out of ideas at this point, have you tried other loaders ?

  9. #9
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
    You know, I've never tried. It stopped reading discs altogether (it tries mightily; I hear it spinning and grinding) in the Wii menu. I was able to rip only a few of my discs - Xenoblade Chronicles and Sonic & Sega - before it gave out on me. I just assumed, once it stopped being able to rip, that it wouldn't be able to play.

    That being said, I assume this has consequences for playing GCN games, yes? Does No-Disc in the options not actually mean "no disc"?
    Did you Install DIOS MIOS 2.6.wad with Wad Manager 1.7 and use IOS236 ? (DIOS MIOS Lite is only for SD)
    Most applications that format drives automatically set it to FAT32 with 64kb cluster size, even if you tell it to do 32kb. A simple double check will make sure it's right use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced.
    For CFG USB Loader try these options:
    Language: Auto
    Video: Auto ( Force your region video if game is out of region)some out of region GC games does not work with CFG USB Loader.
    Video Patch: Auto
    NMM: off or on (NMM works for most games but not all)
    wide screen: off
    ocarina cheats: off
    Devolution: off
    PAD HOOK: on
    NoDisc: off
    LED: OFF
    Clear Patches: off
    NTSC-J patch: off
    KEEP THE NoDisc to OFF because it is auto with all latest USB Loaders and FAT1 is perfect for CFG USB Loader.
    And do not keep any disc in the drive.
    All New USB loaders needs updated cIOS, which then loads DM, this is why you should always try dios-mios-booter r30 first because it does not need cIOS
    For Wii games use this [Guide] Fat32
    You could use the ModPack.zip from
    Guide: Softmod ANY Wii to update all your cIOS, do a System Check first.
    When updating cIOS remove all GC controllers and memory cards.
    Last edited by candylove; 12-23-2012 at 07:18 AM.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscMurderer View Post
    On the original post, it says the partition is FAT1, is that the file system or just the name ? If it's the file system, that could be your problem, but I doubt that's it if you were able to rip a few games ... I'm honestly out of ideas at this point, have you tried other loaders ?
    That's the file system. Here's exactly what I did:

    Formatted my USB drive using OSX (my OS) with FAT32 as the filesystem and a cluster size of 32KB (verified in Acronis Disk Director on a Windows box)
    Followed Gaf's guide to get homebrew, CFG USB, and DIOS MIOS on my Wii.
    Used CFG USB to rip Xenoblade Chronicles and Sega All-Stars Racing. They ripped and ran fine, and allowed me to understand the nomenclature that the WBFS folder on the drive expected for future games.
    I used a friend's soft-modded Wii to rip the rest of my games. I would love to test DIOS MIOS on *his* Wii, as it has a functional disk drive, but he's refused because the guides say it'll break his ability to play GC games normally. (I've tried and failed to budge him on this.)

    I was able to play through Xenoblade Chronicles entirely using this Wii. Now I'm trying to replay Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Before I did that, I wanted to replay Path of Radiance, but couldn't get DIOS MIOS to work, hence the beginning of this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    Did you Install DIOS MIOS 2.6.wad with Wad Manager 1.7 and use IOS236 ? (DIOS MIOS Lite is only for SD)
    Most applications that format drives automatically set it to FAT32 with 64kb cluster size, even if you tell it to do 32kb. A simple double check will make sure it's right use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced.
    Try these options:
    Language: Auto
    Video: Auto ( Force your region video if game is out of region)some out of region GC games does not work with CFG USB Loader.
    Video Patch: Auto
    NMM: off or on (NMM works for most games but not all)
    wide screen: off
    ocarina cheats: off
    Devolution: off
    PAD HOOK: on
    NoDisc: off
    LED: OFF
    Clear Patches: off
    NTSC-J patch: off
    KEEP THE NoDisc to OFF because it is auto with all latest USB Loaders and FAT1 is perfect for CFG USB Loader.
    And do not keep any disc in the drive.
    All New USB loaders needs updated cIOS, which then loads DM, this is why you should always try dios-mios-booter r30 first because it does not need cIOS
    For Wii games use this [Guide] Fat32
    candy - I did verify the cluster size with ADD 11. I also did install DIOS MIOS 2.6 using the WAD Manager with a modified iOS 236. I'll give your options a shot. I checked out the compatibility list for DIOS MIOS and next to Fire Emblem POR NTSC (my copy) there's a general lack of feedback.

    Is there any way I can use a computer to rip the ISO, rather than my Wii? Like I said, my Wii's disc drive is bad, but I have the game. If a bad ISO is my problem (and it wouldn't surprise me if it was) then a clean ISO could fix it. Alternatively, I could try to convince my friend to let me simply rip the ISO using his Wii again, but that would take me around a week (he's home for the holidays).

    As a side note, thank you all so much for your help. I really do appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •