Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Backed up game size?

  1. #11
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    I keep my Wii games as WBFS but I do have the ISOs backed up on a drive in "cold storage" just I case the HDD I use crashes and loses my data, why not save space if I can? lol. and for ripping my DVDs I have 2 different programs, DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. They both offer advantages over each other depending on what I'm trying to rip. I find Decrypter to be the one I use more though.
    Sorry I meant ripping your Wii DVDs. Do you do it with a USB Loader like GX or another Homebrew app like CleanRip?

  2. 1 User Says Thank You kunparekh18 For This Useful Post


  3. #12
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,153
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kunparekh18

    Sorry I meant ripping your Wii DVDs. Do you do it with a USB Loader like GX or another Homebrew app like CleanRip?
    CleanRip and I use Wii Backup Manager to add them to the drive as .wbfs games. I like to have the full ISO as a backup in case it's needed.

  4. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    you USE DVD Shrink and DVD Decryter to rip Wii disc ? ....... .......

  5. #14
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,153
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhome
    you USE DVD Shrink and DVD Decryter to rip Wii disc ? ....... .......
    Nope, normal DVDs like movies and TV shows. I use CleanRip on my Wii for my Wii games.......

  6. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    I think single layer DVDs are 4.7gig before formatting but can only hold 4.35gig after formatting. I have one of the just dance games and its 4gig as a wbfs file. New Super Mario Wii is only 350meg. Super Mario All Star is only 18meg.
    Never knew you could use DVD Shrink to rip games, I use it to rip DVD movies as it gets round the copyright protection.
    I used to use DVD Decrypter for ripping PS2 games, I then upgraded to imgBurn as i had a couple of PS1 games that it wouldn't rip. I use cleanrip or cfg-usbloader to rip my games to the Wii, if i need to burn them off i use imgBurn.

  7. #16
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,153
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2escort
    I think single layer DVDs are 4.7gig before formatting but can only hold 4.35gig after formatting. I have one of the just dance games and its 4gig as a wbfs file. New Super Mario Wii is only 350meg. Super Mario All Star is only 18meg.
    Never knew you could use DVD Shrink to rip games, I use it to rip DVD movies as it gets round the copyright protection.
    I used to use DVD Decrypter for ripping PS2 games, I then upgraded to imgBurn as i had a couple of PS1 games that it wouldn't rip. I use cleanrip or cfg-usbloader to rip my games to the Wii, if i need to burn them off i use imgBurn.
    You can't, I thought he was asking how I rip DVD movies....DVD shrink and Decrypter do not do Wii/GC games.

  8. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Yeah i noticed. I got distracted. When i posted my comment i noticed their had been other posts. i didn't think i was away from the computer for that long.

  9. #18
    New Member rstorm85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Why would you need the iso file?? Couldnt you just save the wbfs file. And if the hdd crashes. Just add the file back?

  10. #19
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,153
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstorm85
    Why would you need the iso file?? Couldnt you just save the wbfs file. And if the hdd crashes. Just add the file back?
    You could, but I prefer to always keep a 1:1 copy anyway.

  11. #20
    New Member rstorm85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Ok i was just making sure i didnt miss anything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •