Letterbomb not working on 4.3e
Had to format the Wii (which was originally soft modded) after an upgrade done by my son. Softmod went off the Wii...
Read about Letterbomb and tried it. But not getting the RED message on the message board.
I can confirm files and folders are copied correctly.
- private folder with multiple subfolders. Private folder is on the root.
- boot.elf on the root.
After reading multiple other threads, I tried the following:
- SD (not SDHC) card in FAT and FAT32, no luck. Its a 256MB SD card.
- Tried another 2GB SD (not SDHC) card, no luck.
- Downloaded letter bomb using IE and Iron, no luck.
- Formatted again, no luck.
- Verified date, time; Changed date on Wii to yesterday - just to check, no luck.
- Tried Wiibrand also, no luck.
- Created a memo on the message box, no luck.
- Fully powered off (even tried after unplugging and plugging the power cable), no luck.
I can confirm SD card is working fine because I have the game states saved on the card and can see it and transfer it to Wii memory.
Any other suggestions?
Last edited by janasj; 09-05-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Reason: added one more step...
are you using letter bomb for the right region?and instead of changing the date on your wii, just switch back to yesterday, or a day ahead in your message box not system date. sometimes its hiding lol.
Last edited by souralien; 09-05-2012 at 08:25 PM.
- Verified I have downloaded for the 4.3E region, still not working.
After the format, there were no messages and I created a memo. No way the bomb is hiding behind another message.
I tried yesterday and day before, but could not find the bomb message. That's why (just to try), I changed the system date!!
Anyone...any other thing that I need to check?
fixed it atlast...got a new 2GB SD card and that worked.
Primary difference between the previous and current SD card is: Old ones I tried were micro/mini SD with a normal SD card adapter. New one is a full sized SD card!!
follow this vid he will show how to backup using nand too my first time modding a wii was thanks to this guy
How To Hack Any Nintendo Wii 4.3 - Homebrew Channel (Letterbomb) Ultimate Tutorial Part 1
hope this helps
I softmodded my 4.3U successfully with LetterBomb with a microSD card inside an SD adapter. However, that card was on the SD card compatibility list.
Originally Posted by janasj