Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Disc could not be read? (tried installing cios)

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Disc could not be read? (tried installing cios)

    Hi.

    I was trying to play a Just dance 3 iso on my dvd-r on my wii. Most of the songs work fine. However, for some songs such as Dynamite, the wii would stop displaying images and show a reading disc screen. That screen would then be followed up by a "The disc could not be read" screen.

    I tried to fix this by using the d2x CIOS installer and the configuration provided here: http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/97...tml#post622695

    I couldn't find a d2xv7 option, only v6 and v8 so I tried them both with
    cios
    249
    base
    38
    d2x
    v7 .
    However, I still continue to recieve this screen. Sometimes, the game will even freeze when I'm scrolling through its' main menu.

    Is this a problem with the file itself? or is it something else? Help is greatly appreciated!
    -a wiihacks newbie

    also forgot to add that I'm using neogamma v7. I was thinking that upgrading it might help but I'm not sure how since the neogamma folder isn't on my sd card and is installed as a channel directly to my wii.
    Last edited by Jax; 08-21-2012 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.

  2. #2
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiiwantoburn View Post
    Hi.

    I was trying to play a Just dance 3 iso on my dvd-r on my wii. Most of the songs work fine. However, for some songs such as Dynamite, the wii would stop displaying images and show a reading disc screen. That screen would then be followed up by a "The disc could not be read" screen.

    I tried to fix this by using the d2x CIOS installer and the configuration provided here: http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/97...tml#post622695

    I couldn't find a d2xv7 option, only v6 and v8 so I tried them both with
    cios
    249
    base
    38
    d2x
    v7 .
    However, I still continue to recieve this screen. Sometimes, the game will even freeze when I'm scrolling through its' main menu.

    Is this a problem with the file itself? or is it something else? Help is greatly appreciated!
    -a wiihacks newbie

    also forgot to add that I'm using neogamma v7. I was thinking that upgrading it might help but I'm not sure how since the neogamma folder isn't on my sd card and is installed as a channel directly to my wii.
    Do you have priiloader install?
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...ates-more.html
    - Downoad the hacks for priiloader from herehacks_hash.zip
    - Extract the file and put the hacks_hash.ini file in the "priiloader" folder.
    SD card structure:
    SD:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini
    Remove diag disc check - The same as "Remove Diagnostic Disc Check"
    Last edited by candylove; 08-21-2012 at 06:55 AM.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I don't have any problems with system updates. I have already installed StartPatch since I was having trouble installing priiloader before.

    The issue is that I can play the game but the game would just go into the reading disc screen in the middle of a song and then crash with error message: "Disc could not be read"

  4. #4
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Did you select
    Remove Diag Disc Check - Remove Diagnostic Disc check
    in StartPatch?

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    ok so I was able to get priiloader to install. However, I didn't see a remove diag disc check option when I installed. Also, when I try to open priiloader app now, I get a black screen and my wii motes disconnect.

  6. #6
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiiwantoburn View Post
    ok so I was able to get priiloader to install. However, I didn't see a remove diag disc check option when I installed. Also, when I try to open priiloader app now, I get a black screen and my wii motes disconnect.
    You should only install one,
    if you have StartPatch, you do not need priiloader just remove priiloader and select Remove Diag Disc Check - Remove Diagnostic Disc check in StartPatch
    StartPatch - WiiBrew

    There is also a removal option for Priiloader app in the HBC
    Press (+/A) to install or update Priiloader.
    Press (-/Y) to remove Priiloader

    if you have priiloader and not StartPatch you should
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...ates-more.html
    Downoad the hacks for priiloader from herehacks_hash.zip
    - Extract the file and put the hacks_hash.ini file in the "priiloader" folder.
    SD card structure:
    SD:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini
    Now, turn on your Wii while pressing the "reset" button; priiloader should load. Select "System Menu Hacks" and enable the hacks you want.




    Last edited by candylove; 08-21-2012 at 09:46 AM.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I enabled the "remove diagnostic disc check" in the preloader menu. However, I still recieve the reading disc followed by the error message in the middle of the game.

  8. #8
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiiwantoburn View Post
    I enabled the "remove diagnostic disc check" in the preloader menu. However, I still recieve the reading disc followed by the error message in the middle of the game.
    Just Dance 3 has been known to have that issue, it works for me but I am using CFG USB Loader. And I do not use neogamma so I hope the experts help you with that.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You candylove For This Useful Post


  10. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    At first I also though it was either Just Dance 3 or the iso file was corrupted. However, I did the exact same method in burning for Mario Party 9 and also had the wii freeze on me midgame with the error message "Disc could not be read".




    Edit: I am using a DVD-R and setting the game to ntsc
    Double Edit: I also have both neogamma r7 and r9 (latest beta (56 i think)). I actually get past the menu screen in r7 but pretty much get the error on the loading screen in r9.
    Last edited by Wiiwantoburn; 08-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.

  11. #10
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,127
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Honestly it sounds like a disc drive issue. Do you have a flash drive you could test a game with?

  12. 1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •