CIOSCORP: Is it really worth it?
Hi people could someone please answer some of my questions for me please! They also may help others:
I have followed Assassda's guide "the ultimate system menu 4.0 guide" on gbatemp and my wii has got bootmii on boot2 , homebrew channel & preloader.
My wii is a pal 4.0E menu and neogamma 6 works great, lots of other homebrew apps works great too and play wii dvd game bu's.
Although i'd like too, I'm a bit worried about installing CIOSCORP as im not sure if its region specific (i have PAL 4.0E)
1. Is CIOSCORP Region specific
2. Is there a few different versions of CIOSCORP, could i install an old version through google searching or would this be problematic. Would i need the latest version?
3. Do you think that CIOSCORP installation maybe problematic to update in the future as it messes with original nintendo ios's?
4. Does gamecube launcher mess with any official ios?
5. If i dont install CIOSCORP, will it be ok for someone to accidently click on the game through the Wii menu 'disc loader', is there a possibilty of a semi-brick?
8. Can i now delete all the installation files i.e cios36_rev10-install, CMDVDX35, WAD MANAGERS
& leave preloader and
everything from the apps folder that i need like neogamma and usb loader?
9. Lastly, how do i go about installing DVDX without semi-bricking as geexbox and mplayer ce wont play original movie DVDs or divx. Do i have to follow the 3 steps on bootmii (i.e downgrade iso35,patchmii install DVDX) or can i just run step 3 = install DVDx. The problem i have is that no guide i have found tells you how to just install dvdx as i have the others already!!
Thanks in advance people!
Last edited by melodical; 07-12-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Anyone worth their weight would tell you to not use CIOSCORP. It's garbage.
1 User Says Thank You Ossot For This Useful Post
Hi Ossot, Please tell me why you think that CIOSCORP is garbage,i install it on all the wiis i come across with no problems,and have it on good recommendation from senior moderators that it has its benifits. if you know or have experienced any probs please tell....
Originally Posted by Ossot
I don't have softmii, hackmii, bootmii, brickmii, or any of that garbage installed on my Wii, and every game I have come across has worked just fine, it's just not needed. What exactly are the benifits, isn't the goal of hacking to play backups, which can be done without CIOSCORP or any of the above. Have you been to softmii.org, the site is gone, they bricked too many Wii's and called it quits.
How can you call bootmii crap dude. As i have a vulnerbale boot2, I sleep better at night knowing that i have a backup NAND of my friends wii that i modded for him. He has 5 little girls so its good having a backup just incase something messes up. Is this because you did not have the option of installing to boot2?
Originally Posted by Stomp_442
Do you feel the same about preloader 0.29?
As a semi-newb it seems to me like a Godsend!!
Stomp, do you have any protection and/or backups of your NAND and do games constantly hassle you to update via game. How do you disable your wii from 'auto updates'???
Retired WiiHacks Staff
From experience and research i can say this:
-Allows you to play backups straight from disc channel
-If wii is bricked(Semi) You can insert an autobooting universal unbricking disc and fix up your wii
-Fixes the 002 Error on backups since installer includes cIOS38, cIOS53 and cIOS55
-There is no official cIOSCorp uninstaller at this time
-No cIOSCorp Uninstaller means the only way to remove is to overwrite it with the original wads through Wad Manager. If the wads being installed are bad or corrupted, this can result in a full brick
Hopes this helps.
Last edited by ShadowSonic2; 07-19-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Reason: Forgot something
3 Users Say Thank You to ShadowSonic2 For This Useful Post
You're manually messing with EVERY cios. It's near impossible to remove and can interfere with other stuff in the future.
Ya it works. But you're turning your Wii into a house of cards. All, for most people, so you can launch from the disc channel. Because everyone spends soo much time looking at their system menus.
As for the protection + kids thing. Physically remove all discs and use a USB loader. You can even go in and uninstall the HBC and just install it later if needed. The kids would be left with only a disc channel and no discs and USB Loading.
Last edited by Ossot; 07-19-2009 at 08:46 AM.
2 Users Say Thank You to Ossot For This Useful Post
I have used softmii many,many times. I like it easy to just put the disc in and see it in the disc channel, not all games work from disc channel but thats why you get a backuploader just incase.
softmii.org is now at gamingexposed.com