Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Games freezing with usb loader gx

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Games freezing with usb loader gx

    I'm new to ripping my games and playing them from a hard drive. But I recently ran into a problem where my wii freezes while playing a game from the hard drive. I believe it's related to the IOS version. Can someone explain this to me better? I don't know the difference between them and when I should use which ones or if I'm even using them right. Just break it down Barney style for me.

  2. #2
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,425
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    I suggest you get away from USB Loader GX and use Configurable USB Loader or WiiFlow. i don't mean to scare you but USB Loader GX has been known to brick Wii's. The last couple of post I read about it, the users had issues with game freezing and black screen while using it. I'm not saying that this is your case but it's something to think about.

  3. #3
    Member BandicootAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 448 Times in 358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Definitley dig GX. As Krafter said, certain stories have been going around about the loader bricking various Wiis. Everybody who posts here about freezing in GX gets warned about this (at least by me, lol).
    Last edited by BandicootAddicted; 01-02-2011 at 12:11 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBandicootAddict View Post
    Definitley dig GX. As Krafter said, certain stories have been going around about the loader bricking various Wiis. Everybody who posts here about freezing in GX gets warned about this (at least by me, lol).
    I don't get why so many newbies have GX in the first place. We need to find the source and destroy it, or the virus will continue to spread!
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I tried to download WiiFlow and for some reason it did not want to work right when I installed everything. I think maybe I was having a hard time making a forwarder channel for it and GX worked easier. I'm only doing it for my 5 yr old son so he don't have to mess with anymore discs. So do I need to do anythin special to dig GX? Like so kind of unistall or just stop using it and delete the channel for my sd card?

    And when I'm loading the games to my HDD does the iOS have anything to do with it? Like do I need to use a certain one or what.

  6. #6
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 23skis View Post
    Well I tried to download WiiFlow and for some reason it did not want to work right when I installed everything. I think maybe I was having a hard time making a forwarder channel for it and GX worked easier. I'm only doing it for my 5 yr old son so he don't have to mess with anymore discs. So do I need to do anythin special to dig GX? Like so kind of unistall or just stop using it and delete the channel for my sd card?

    And when I'm loading the games to my HDD does the iOS have anything to do with it? Like do I need to use a certain one or what.
    Call a priest and have him perform an exorcism on your Wii!

    Lol, all you have to do is delete the GX files from your SD card and download Config. I suggest you download v60 or under, because some people are having problems with the latest version.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Come on guys I'm a Newbie remember LOL. What is config and is it going to just do something by itself or do I need to run it and have it do something?

  8. #8
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 23skis View Post
    Come on guys I'm a Newbie remember LOL. What is config and is it going to just do something by itself or do I need to run it and have it do something?

    Configurable USB Loader.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like wii flow?

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like wii flow?@

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •