Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 569

Thread: What are you watching while on wiihacks :)

  1. #321
    Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Darkcide666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 923 Times in 666 Posts
    In a like or dislike way?
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

  2. #322
    Junior Member supermasterpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    1,493
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 152 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcide666 View Post
    In a like or dislike way?
    I dislike how people always dismissed my like of techno as nerdy, yet asked me if I knew any good new songs in the rock,hip-hop or rap areas. I like all music except country. But now that it all is starting to sound like techno and you hear a songstuff on electric area for xm radio and then three months later its on the hip-hop radio and same stuff people sneared out they now go omg over. Not many things bother me, but dising something then being fickle and hypocritical is one of them!
    "The worst thing you can do is not to get old, but to close your mind to others that you think lack the experiences you have had. " Oddgriffin
    "I don't mind having problems. I'm sure anyone who has spent time on here reading my rants will tend to agree." Darkcide666
    <-- If I helped click "Thanks"

  3. #323
    Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Darkcide666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 923 Times in 666 Posts
    True. My soft spot electronic wise is house. There are so many cross overs now days. My wife is a complete pop chick and I hear DJ and producers I like remixing songs for people she likes. It's just weird to me. My honest opinion is that it seems like pop artist and their labels are seeking out the hottest talent to legitimize their artist and ensure club play. Of course it doesn't help with Dave Guetta blowing up all over the place and Deadmau5 DJing the MTV awards. My step daughter is about to turn 15 and since the MTV awards her and her friends are all about Deadmau5 even though i don't believe any of them dug electronic music before that. Give it a while and the industry will be on something else.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

  4. #324
    Junior Member supermasterpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    1,493
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 152 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcide666 View Post
    True. My soft spot electronic wise is house. There are so many cross overs now days. My wife is a complete pop chick and I hear DJ and producers I like remixing songs for people she likes. It's just weird to me. My honest opinion is that it seems like pop artist and their labels are seeking out the hottest talent to legitimize their artist and ensure club play. Of course it doesn't help with Dave Guetta blowing up all over the place and Deadmau5 DJing the MTV awards. My step daughter is about to turn 15 and since the MTV awards her and her friends are all about Deadmau5 even though i don't believe any of them dug electronic music before that. Give it a while and the industry will be on something else.
    Its not that I mind hearing more of the music I like mainstream its how people flow with it and are so oblivious. But I am sure you could say the same to me about windows
    "The worst thing you can do is not to get old, but to close your mind to others that you think lack the experiences you have had. " Oddgriffin
    "I don't mind having problems. I'm sure anyone who has spent time on here reading my rants will tend to agree." Darkcide666
    <-- If I helped click "Thanks"

  5. #325
    Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Darkcide666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 923 Times in 666 Posts
    I guess a beat can be so hot everyone feels it. Sometimes I get a kick out of electronic artist remixing pop songs. LMFAO is awesome at it. Like their Fergie Girl Can't Help It remix where they pretty much removed her from the song. I find just kind of ironic how anti commercial or offensive a group or artist can be but they blow up remixing pop songs. Hyper Crush being a great example. That's probably why their actual CD keeps getting pushed back by their label and they keep releasing mix tapes.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

  6. #326
    Junior Member supermasterpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    1,493
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 152 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcide666 View Post
    I guess a beat can be so hot everyone feels it. Sometimes I get a kick out of electronic artist remixing pop songs. LMFAO is awesome at it. Like their Fergie Girl Can't Help It remix where they pretty much removed her from the song. I find just kind of ironic how anti commercial or offensive a group or artist can be but they blow up remixing pop songs. Hyper Crush being a great example. That's probably why their actual CD keeps getting pushed back by their label and they keep releasing mix tapes.
    If it sells and or excites why not keep doing it right?
    "The worst thing you can do is not to get old, but to close your mind to others that you think lack the experiences you have had. " Oddgriffin
    "I don't mind having problems. I'm sure anyone who has spent time on here reading my rants will tend to agree." Darkcide666
    <-- If I helped click "Thanks"

  7. #327
    Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Darkcide666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 923 Times in 666 Posts
    Plus it's awesome self promotion. You only have a limited fan base if you're pretty much a club artist. Start remixing tracks for pop artist with millions of fans you're bound to get your name out there and open opportunities to open in packed stadiums for names everyone knows and play festivals.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

  8. #328
    Junior Member supermasterpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    1,493
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 152 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcide666 View Post
    Plus it's awesome self promotion. You only have a limited fan base if you're pretty much a club artist. Start remixing tracks for pop artist with millions of fans you're bound to get your name out there and open opportunities to open in packed stadiums for names everyone knows and play festivals.
    Plus you get to take horrible songs and make them awesome!
    "The worst thing you can do is not to get old, but to close your mind to others that you think lack the experiences you have had. " Oddgriffin
    "I don't mind having problems. I'm sure anyone who has spent time on here reading my rants will tend to agree." Darkcide666
    <-- If I helped click "Thanks"

  9. 1 User Says Thank You supermasterpig For This Useful Post


  10. #329
    Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Darkcide666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 923 Times in 666 Posts
    I almost forgot the most important part.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

  11. 1 User Says Thank You Darkcide666 For This Useful Post


  12. #330
    Junior Member supermasterpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    1,493
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 152 Times in 129 Posts
    Playing watching paint dry.
    "The worst thing you can do is not to get old, but to close your mind to others that you think lack the experiences you have had. " Oddgriffin
    "I don't mind having problems. I'm sure anyone who has spent time on here reading my rants will tend to agree." Darkcide666
    <-- If I helped click "Thanks"

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •