Alex Kidd in Miracle World(Sega)
Alien VS Predator 2
GoldenEye 007 (N64)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario 64
@Darkcide --- Yeah, posting your top ten per system might also be a good idea. It's hard to make a right decision.
@Krank --- Perhaps the thread title can be changed to ''Top Twenty'' in the future if you're feeling so bad for leaving some of them out.
Last edited by InvincibleSloth; 12-02-2010 at 10:53 PM.
@Darkcide Deus Ex, LOL, I might go re-install it now.
Let's see more lists. Anyone who contributes gets a "thanks" click from me!
Damn I suck!!!!
Haha, I feel like a hero for creating this thread now. Black Ops is in the list for me now.
Maybe other shooters are better, but haven't really played much of 'em before.
Difficult to list just 10 but I guess the ones that are best to me are the ones I still remember despite having playing them a long time ago.
But I think this is just about it my whole history of games I've tried to list one per franchise and only the best ones that I devoted the most time to got on it but are on honorable mentions they were not good enough but were memorable
- Street Fighter Alpha 2 - The best Street Fighter game bar none
- Super Metroid - Enjoyed this game so much that I tried to find all of the items and complete the speed runs to clock in under 3 hours and 100% item collecting and it was the 1st game that got me into the 100% completion did it without a guide.
- Castlevania Symphony of the Night - I liked it because it was the same game as Metroid virtually great graphics 2d mixed with 3d effects and fantastic soundtrack the Castlevania I measure all others against.
- Super Mario World - I had played other Mario games before this one but not completed except Mario Land 1 but this game was head and shoulders above Mario Land one on the Gameboy. Mario Bros 3 was close but I played it after I had played the Snes game so I really appreciated how many improvements Mario World had. I also completed all 96 exits without a guide.
- Zelda a Link to the past - For me still the definitive Zelda game the one I measure all others against this was the game where Zelda felt fresh and all the classic puzzles were brand new.
- Final Fantasy 7 - The first RPG that got me interested in Final fantasy others will argue earlier installments were better but for me this is the one I measure the others against. For me it has / had the best battle system in the Final Fantasy series with the materia I powered my charachters up to the extreme plus the graphics were awesome way beyond anything else I had seen at the time.
I don't even know how many hours I put into this game just grinding away to power my characters up.
- Sonic 2 - Still the best Sonic game yet with 3 they changed the formula but with 2 they built upon and improved everything that made the first great through fantastic level design and lots of speed.
- Mario 64 the best 3D platformer still which funnily enough I didn't like at the time because it wasn't like Mario world however later on I completed all 120 stars and I really enjoyed the game
- Daytona USA - This game has some of the best and most fun course designs ever and it was also the 1st fully 3D racing game I had played while others have said the graphics were sub par to the Arcade prior to the Saturn game I hadn't played it before to to me it was absolutely amazing.
- Soul Calibur 2 - The best 3D fighting game IMO
Honorable mentions - These games might not be good enough for the top 10 but would easily make a top 20
- Marvel Super Heroes Arcade/Saturn/PS1 I used to play Xmen COTA before this and it was great because it wasn't Street Fighter yet still felt familiar but taken over the top with completely different characters and moves.
This game took XMEN COTA to the next level with new not seen before moves like AIR COMBO's and over the top Super moves. Still plays very well even today.
- Xmen Vs Street Fighter The match up that was the 1st game to bring two of Capcoms best franchises in one which bought about the crossover franchise craze that is still going on today with the HD update to MVC2 and brand new games Tekken VS Street Fighter , MVC3 and so on.
- Tekken 3 - While I could argue that Virtua Fighter 2 was on par with Tekken 2 gameplay wise this game beat Virtua Fighter 2 silly for me because it left Virtua Fighter 2 gathering dust in my house.
I even preferred this to Virtua Fighter 3 which was supposed to come out on the Sega Saturn but later came to the Dreamcast.
- Sega Rally - Everyone else had bought a Playstation and said the graphics on the Saturn were shit but then I pulled out Sega Rally which made me proud to own a Saturn. Was the 1st game to have these slidey physics and it took me a while to get into but I got really addicted to it.
- Starwing Snes - I remember not liking it at first but everyone told me "the graphics are fantastic" but being a kid I thought the 2d graphics looked better by far.
However it took me by surprise that after playing it properly I got very addicted to it.
This game needs to be updated without all the crap they added to it in versions after Lylat Wars N64
- Pilotwings Snes - The game completely took me by suprise couldn't stop playing it until it was completed.
- Sim City Snes - The first game city building game I ever played took me a while to figure out what it was all about but got very addicting when I did.
- Virtua Fighter 2 - Played it 1st in the Arcades and remember seeing it at home for the 1st time on the Sega Saturn and thinking amazing.
- Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo - The best Puzzle game ever after playing Tetris which was good for a pack in but not something I'd like to play all the time.
This game just beat Tetris silly IMO
- Busta Move 2 The game that was runner up to Puzzle fighter almost as good and worth playing because its different. Funnilly enough they still rereleasing the same game today with different levels.
- Ridge Racer - Almost as good as Daytona USA but it's here because it was one of those games I played a lot and didn't get bored even until the very end.
- Samurai Shodown - Absolutely loved this game on the Arcade and remember being very disappointed on the home conversions I waited for it on the PS1 and Sega Saturn but it never came out
- Samurai Shodown 2 - Same as above except there was no home conversion.
- Streets Of Rage 2 - I borrowed my friends Megadrive for this game and it was great. The Snes had a gimped version of Final Fight with no 2 player co-op and Streets of Rage 2 not only played better but it also had the 2 player mode plus it had fantastic music.
- Shinobi - I played this game in the Arcades and I loved it I played it later on the Sega Master System and I recall loving it because I thought it was like the Arcades at home.
- Eternal Champions - Played this game a lot as an alternative to Street Fighter because at the time Street Fighter was played out and this game was genuinely very different in how it played and this game is very underrated.
From my perspective this game used the Megadrives hardware to great affect it had large sprites and good music I also preferred it to the Mega CD sequel which I felt lacked the same kind of strategy needed to win.
- Golden Axe - gets a mention because when I first played it I was absolutely addicted a great hack n slash beatemup at the time with magic and while it has been surpassed by newer games it's still very memorable for me.
Last edited by msimplay; 01-29-2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Updated list with additional memorable games