A port of Genesis Plus for the Nintendo Gamecube/Wii
Genesis Plus is an emulator of the Sega Genesis / Sega Megadrive. This is a port of Charles MacDonald's Genesis Plus to the Wii, with a lot of improvements.
- Preferred PAL Mode: Any (automatic TV mode detection, no more PAL60 version needed).
- Display mode : 480p, 480i, 576i, 240i, 288i, 288p and 240p
- Supports Zip compressed rom images.
- Genesis 4 players multitap adapters (Sega TeamPlayer and EA 4-Way Play) support
- Game Genie & Action Replay cheat code support
- Sega Mouse & Sega Mega Mouse
- Sega Menacer & Konami Justifier lightguns. 2 lightgun has the same time supported.
- SVP DSP (Virtua Racing)
- and a lot more, read the included user manual for details.
download - genplus-gx-1.5.0
source - genplus-gx - A port of Genesis Plus for the Nintendo Gamecube/Wii - Google Project Hosting
* added support for Master System compatibility mode (Z80 ports access mode), incl. Mode 5 rendering.
* added Mode 4 rendering for both Genesis & Master System modes.
* added alternate BG planes rendering functions (should be faster on PPC architectures).
* added support for Master System compatibility mode (Z80 ports access mode).
* added Master System peripherals emulation (Control Pad, Paddle, Sports Pad & Light Phaser).
* added XE-1AP (analog controller) emulation.
* added Activator emulation.
* added support for all known Master System cartridge mappers.
* added copy-protection hardware emulation for a few MD unlicensed games: fixes 777 Casino (crash when talking to bunny girls).
(NB: most of those unlicensed games seem to have been already patched by ROM dumpers, main purpose is documenting them)
* added support for Top Shooter arcade board controller. (A=Shoot, B=Bet, C/RIGHT=Coins, START=Start, hold UP on startup to enter service mode)
* improved King of Fighters 98 mapper emulation (registers address decoding is now 100% accurate)
* fixed Game Genie when several codes affect same ROM address.
* fixed EEPROM types for Brian Lara Cricket & NBA Jam TE (verified on real cartridges)
* added Master System compatibility mode emulation (automatically enabled when loading ROM file with .sms extension).
* improved savestate stability & compatibility (support for old 1.4.x savestates is preserved)
* various code cleanup & comments.
* fixed cheat codes handling when several codes affect same ROM address.
* improved input controller detection on menu exit.
* improved key remapping dialog box to match emulated device
* changed Menu key for Gamecube controller to allow MODE button mapping
* fixed DVD not being unmounted on swap (memory leak)
* added USB mouse support for Sega Mouse emulation
* compiled with latest libogc: improves USB compatibility & fixes stability issues with Wiimotes.
Related post - genesis plus gx 1.4.1