Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: [Tutorial] PunEmu - play emulators from USB Loader or DVD

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    "punemu1.1+roms" is the image file (ISO) that gets copied to your usb hdd. Disregard the other files. If you get get a crash, try inserting a disc (any game) in the Wii and then try to load the game again. If you still get a crash, try a different IOS to load the game, I used IOS249 rev17 and it worked fine.

  2. #12
    New Member Binary Wave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    437
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 56 Times in 54 Posts
    When I press the extract-orig.bat file, Command Prompt comes up saying,

    'bash' is not recogonized as an internal or external command,

    Press any key to continue. . .

    Any solutions?

    I did nothing else but put the wbfs file in my 'My Documents' folder, and then copied it to the correct folder again. I then press the specified program, (extract-orig.bat in this case), and I get the above error.

    (And is there a way to change the opening to get rid of the profanities on start? There are kids in this house, and they'll be using it.)
    Last edited by Binary Wave; 02-26-2011 at 10:18 AM.

  3. #13
    Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Darkcide666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 923 Times in 666 Posts
    Are you using a Mac like your avatar? Batch files are for windows users...Try the shell script file instead. I haven't built an ISO using PunEmu yet but I know Macs don't run windows programs by default.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

  4. #14
    New Member Binary Wave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    437
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 56 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcide666
    Are you using a Mac like your avatar? Batch files are for windows users...Try the shell script file instead. I haven't built an ISO using PunEmu yet but I know Macs don't run windows programs by default.
    No, I'm using Windows.

    EDIT: Problem solved by extracting the contents with WinRAR. Now I'm faced with the problem of after adding all my ROMs (except in Wii64) to the work directory, I press either create-iso or create-wbfs (the .bat file), and it returns an error,

    '! wit: A directory without valid source files found.
    wit: command 'COPY' returns with status #3 [NO SOURCE FOUND]

    Press any key to continue. . .'

    I pressed the any key and it's not working!
    Last edited by Binary Wave; 02-27-2011 at 12:04 PM.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Have you found your problem, this worked the first time for me.

    After opening the work-dir folder, you must open the files folder, and then find the folder for the roms (snes9xgx folder for snes roms, etc...) and open that and there should be a roms folder. So, if you are adding roms for all emulators, there are 5 different roms folders (maybe more if adding the different Gameboy variants).

    /work-dir/files/fceugx/roms/
    /work-dir/files/genplus/roms/
    /work-dir/files/snes9xgx/roms/
    /work-dir/files/vbagx/Gameboy Advance/
    /work-dir/files/vbagx/Gameboy Color/
    /work-dir/files/vbagx/Gameboy/
    /work-dir/files/wii64/roms/


    As for your error, did you alter something else besides adding the roms? The only thing you should be doing is adding roms, then creating the ISO (WBFS), unless you are changing the names of the cheat files or roms.

  6. #16
    New Member Binary Wave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    437
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 56 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442
    Have you found your problem, this worked the first time for me.

    After opening the work-dir folder, you must open the files folder, and then find the folder for the roms (snes9xgx folder for snes roms, etc...) and open that and there should be a roms folder. So, if you are adding roms for all emulators, there are 5 different roms folders (maybe more if adding the different Gameboy variants).

    /work-dir/files/fceugx/roms/
    /work-dir/files/genplus/roms/
    /work-dir/files/snes9xgx/roms/
    /work-dir/files/vbagx/Gameboy Advance/
    /work-dir/files/vbagx/Gameboy Color/
    /work-dir/files/vbagx/Gameboy/
    /work-dir/files/wii64/roms/

    As for your error, did you alter something else besides adding the roms? The only thing you should be doing is adding roms, then creating the ISO (WBFS), unless you are changing the names of the cheat files or roms.
    I only edited the warning screen (erasing profanities), but I don't think it worked before either. Would I be able to edit it with WiiScrubber once the .iso is created? I'm serious about needing to change it, let it be before or after.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    The ISO is probably looking to display an image, I would not delete the image. I would find a different image of the same dimension to replace the offending image. Or like you said, use WiiScrubber, but after the ISO is created, perhaps to extract the image, edit it, and the replace it. Maybe you can just extract an image from a real Wii game and place it in the punemu ISO.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 02-27-2011 at 06:54 PM.

  8. #18
    New Member Binary Wave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    437
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 56 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442
    The ISO is probably looking to display an image, I would not delete the image. I would find a different image of the same dimension to replace the offending image.
    That was exactly what I did (I created an image of the same dimensions, and pasted it over the offending one.)

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    I have done a few things with WiiScrubber, but never replaced an image.

    So I would assume the ISO boots for you now, does it work all right?

  10. #20
    New Member Binary Wave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    437
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 56 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442
    I have done a few things with WiiScrubber, but never replaced an image.

    So I would assume the ISO boots for you now, does it work all right?
    I never said the .iso was ever created. I still can't pass the error.

    EDIT: I put a ROM in the Wii64 section (I had to create a folder inside it called ROMs- was I not supposed to do that?), and I still got the error. I also replaced the modified source folder with the original, unmodded one, and still got the error. Any solutions?

    EDIT2: I got some images to verify if it's correct;

    Spoiler

    Last edited by Binary Wave; 02-28-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •