FCE Ultra GX is a port of FCE Ultra. With it you can play NES games on your Wii/GameCube. The GUI is powered by libwiigui.
FCE Ultra GX is a NES emulator for the Wii.
* Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
* iNES, FDS, VS, UNIF, and NSF ROM support
* 1-4 Player Support
* NES Zapper support
* Custom controller configurations
* SD, SDHC, USB, DVD, SMB, Zip, and 7z support
* Cheat support (.CHT files)
* IPS/UPS/PPF automatic patching support
* NES Compatibility Based on FCEUX 2.1.2+
Download the latest version from one of these links
Source - fceugc - Project Hosting on Google Code
WiiBrew - FCE Ultra GX - WiiBrew
You will also need to install IOS58 - Download
FCE Ultra GX Channel Installer 1.0 - Download
This installs nothing more than a simple forwarder that looks to a FAT32 SD card or USB device.
About the FCE Ultra Channel InstallerPrerequisites
- You must have IOS58 to use this channel. Use Dop-Mii or the IOS58 Installer
- You must have Homebrew Channel 1.0.8+ to run the installer. It is also recommended that HBC be running under IOS58, but this is not necessary.
- This channel tries load apps/fceugx/boot.dol from SD or USB. You must have FCE Ultra GX installed in one of these locations.
1. Copy the installer files to your SD/USB device
2. Launch the installer from HBC
3. Click Install
This wonderful channel is thanks to:
* wilsoff (channel coding)
* MrNick666 (artwork)
* Tantric (forwarder and installer)
* svpe and megazig (installer exploit)
Thanks goes to Tantric for this emulator.
Installation and useage
- Install IOS58 first, unzip the IOS58 installer archive, open the apps folder and copy the IOS58-installer folder to the apps folder of your Wii's SD card. Run this installer from the homebrew channel.
- If you are using the Homebrew Channel just copy the apps directory from the archive to the root of your SD card.
- ROMs & saves files should be stored in fceugx/roms and fceugx/saves on the root of your SD card, USB flash drive, or SMB share. You can copy the fceugx directory from the archive to your support drive.
- Launch the emulator using your Loader.
Changelog3.2.2 - August 14, 2010 DOWNLOAD
* IOS 202 support removed
* USB 2.0 support via IOS 58 added - requires that IOS58 be pre-installed
* DVD support via AHBPROT - requires latest HBC
3.2.1 - July 22, 2010 DOWNLOAD
* Fixed broken auto-update
3.2.0 - July 20, 2010 DOWNLOAD
* Reverted USB2 changes
3.1.9 - July 14, 2010 DOWNLOAD
* Fixed 16:9 correction in Original mode
* Fixed PAL/NTSC timing switching issue
* Ability to use both USB ports (requires updated IOS 202 - WARNING: older versions of IOS 202 are NO LONGER supported)
* Hide non-ROM files
* Other minor improvements
3.1.8 - June 20, 2010 DOWNLOAD
* USB improvements
* GameCube improvements - audio, SD Gecko, show thumbnails for saves
* Other minor changes
3.1.7 - May 19, 2010 DOWNLOAD
* DVD support fixed
* PAL/NTSC timing corrections
* Fixed some potential hangs when returning to menu
* Video/audio code changes
* Fixed scrolling text bug
* Other minor changes
3.1.6 - April 9, 2010 DOWNLOAD
* Fix auto-save bug
3.1.5 - April 9, 2010 DOWNLOAD
* Most 3rd party controllers should work now (you're welcome!)
* Translation updates (German and Dutch)
* Other minor changes
3.1.4 - March 30, 2010 DOWNLOAD
* DVD / USB 2.0 support via IOS 202. DVDx support has been dropped. It is highly recommended to install IOS 202 via the included installer
* Multi-language support (only French translation is fully complete)
* Thank you to everyone who submitted translations
* SMB improvements/bug fixes
* Minor video & input performance optimizations
* Synced with official FCEUX (various game fixes)
* ROMs larger than 3 MB now load
* Now also searches in application path for gg.rom and disksys.rom
3.1.3 - December 23, 2009 DOWNLOAD
* Fixed major file loading issue, more games load now
* File browser now scrolls down to the last game when returning to browser
* Auto update for those using USB now works
* Fixed scrollbar up/down buttons
* Fixed zapper
* Updates from FCEUX
* Minor optimizations
3.1.2 - December 2, 2009
* Fixed SMB (for real this time!)
3.1.1 - November 30, 2009
* Mapper fixes - several more games work now (Fire Emblem, 76-in-1, etc)
* Fixed SMB
* Added separate horizontal/vertical zoom options
* Improved scrolling timing - the more you scroll, the fast it goes
* Fixed reset button on Wii console - now you can reset multiple times
* Reduce memory fragmentation - fixes out of memory crashes
* Other minor code optimizations
3.1.0 - October 7, 2009
* New default palette - more accurate colors!
* Revamped filebrowser and file I/O
* New timing and frameskip code - allows PAL gamers to play NTSC games
* Fixed FDS/Game Genie errors
* Many, many other bug fixes
3.0.9 - September 16, 2009
* Text rendering corrections
* SMB improvements
* Updated to latest FCEUX SVN
* Built with latest libraries
* Video mode switching now works properly
* Other minor bugfixes and cleanup
3.0.8 - July 31, 2009
* Fixed menu crash
* Fixed turbo mode - reduced to frameskip of 1
* Fixed .CHT file support
* Added Game Genie support - required GG rom placed at /fceugx/gg.rom
* FDS BIOS location changed to /fceugx/disksys.rom
* DVD file limit of 2000 removed
3.0.7 - July 24, 2009
* Core upgraded to FCEUX 2.1.0a - improved game compatibility
* State issues fixed - old state files are now invalid!
* Cheat support (.CHT files)
* IPS/UPS/PPF automatic patching support
* Fixed "No game saves found." message when there are actually saves.
* Fixed shift key on keyboard
* Text scrolling works again
* Change default prompt window selection to "Cancel" button
3.0.6 - July 9, 2009
* Faster SMB/USB browsing
* Last browsed folder is now remembered
* Fixed controller mapping reset button
* Fixed no sound on GameCube version
* Directory names are no longer altered
* Preferences now only saved on exit
* Fixed on-screen keyboard glitches
* RAM auto-saved on power-off from within a game
* Prevent 7z lockups, better 7z error messages
3.0.5 - June 30, 2009
* Fixed auto-update
* Increased file browser listing to 10 entries, decreased font size
* Added text scrolling on file browser
* Added reset button for controller mappings
* Settings are now loaded from USB when loading the app from USB on HBC
* Fixed original mode lockup bug
* Fixed menu crashes caused by ogg player bugs
* Fixed memory card saving verification bug
* Fixed game savebrowser bugs
* Miscellaneous code cleanup/corrections
3.0.4 - May 30, 2009
* Fixed SD/USB corruption bug
* SMB works again
* GUI bugs fixed, GUI behavioral improvements
3.0.3 - May 26, 2009
* Improved stability
* Fixed broken SDHC from HBC 1.0.2 update
* Fixed issues with returning to menu from in-game
* Add option to disable rumble
* Auto-determines if HBC is present - returns to Wii menu otherwise
* Miscellaneous bugfixes
3.0.2 - April 30, 2009
* Improved scrollbar
* Multiple state saves now working
* Built with more stable libogc/libfat
* Fixed rumble bug in filebrowser
* Fixed PAL sound stuttering
* Added confirmation prompts
* Fixed settings saving glitches
3.0.1 - April 22, 2009
* GameCube controller home trigger fixed
* USB support fixed
* More stable SMB support
* Corrections/improvements to game saving/loading
* Video mode corrections
* Settings are now saved when exiting game menu settings area
* 8 sprite limit and Zapper crosshair can now be turned off from the menu
* New video mode selection in menu (forcing a video mode is not recommended)
3.0.0 - April 13, 2009
* New GX-based menu, with a completely redesigned layout. Has Wiimote IR support, sounds, graphics, animation effects, and more
* Thanks to the3seashells for designing some top-notch artwork, to Peter de Man for composing the music, and a special thanks to shagkur for fixing libogc bugs that would have otherwise prevented the release
* Onscreen keyboard for changing save/load folders and network settings
* Menu configuration options (configurable exit button, Wiimote orientation, volumes)
* Configurable button mapping for zapper
* New save manager, allowing multiple saves and save browsing. Shows screenshots for Snapshot saves, and save dates/times
* SMB reconnection feature
* ISI issue fixed
2.0.9 - January 27, 2009
* Fixed a major memory corruption bug in FCE Ultra 0.98.12
* Faster SD/USB - new read-ahead cache
* Removed trigger of back to menu for Classic Controller right joystick
* Changed GameCube controller back to menu from A+Start to A+B+Z+Start
* Add option for horizontal-only video cropping
* Decreased minimum game size to 8 KB
* Fixed a bug with reading files < 2048 bytes
* Fixed some memory leaks, buffer overflows, etc
* Code cleanup, other general bugfixes
2.0.8 - December 24, 2008
* Fixed unstable SD card access
* Proper SD/USB hotswap (Wii only)
* Auto-update feature (Wii only)
* Rewritten SMB access - speed boost, NTLM now supported (Wii only)
* Improved file access code
* Resetting preferences now resets controls
* Overscan (cropping) setting now saved in preferences
* Rewritten RAM/state saving - old state saves are now invalid
* Minor bug fixes
2.0.7 - November 18, 2008
* Special thanks to eke-eke & KruLLo for contributions, bugfixes, and tips
* Video code rewritten - now has original, unfiltered, filtered modes
* Zoom option
* 16:9 widescreen support
* Full widescreen support
* SDHC support
* SD/USB hot-swapping
* A/B rapid-fire
* Turbo option
* Video cropping (overscan hiding) option (thanks yxkalle!)
* Palette changing fixed
* Fixed audio 'popping' issue
* Wii - Added console/remote power button support
* Wii - Added reset button support (resets game)
* Wii - Settings file is now named settings.xml and is stored in the same folder as the DOL (eg: apps/fceugx/settings.xml)
* GameCube - Added DVD motor off option
2.0.6 - October 21, 2008
* Right audio channel corruption fixed (thanks cyberdog!)
* Low pass audio filter turned off (muffles audio)
* Changed to alternate audio filter
* PAL Timing corrected
* Cheesy/2X video filters fixed
* Qoob Pro modchip support for GameCube (thanks emukidid!)
2.0.5 - October 19, 2008
* Sound bug fixed - thanks eke-eke!
* High quality sound enabled, lowpass filter enabled
* Video threading enabled
* Fixed timing error (incorrect opcode)
2.0.4 - October 15, 2008
* Wii DVD fixed
* FDS BIOS loading works now
* FDS disk switching now consistently works with one button press
* FDS saving implemented
* 7z support
* Faster SD/USB (readahead cache enabled)
* VS coin now mapped to 1 button for VS zapper games
* Changed GC controller mappings - Select - Z, Start - Start, Home - Start+A, Special - L
2.0.3 - October 1, 2008
* Complete rewrite of loading code - FDS / UNIF / NSF support added!
* VS games work (coin insert submitted by pakitovic)
* Mapping of 'Special' commands - VS coin insert, FDS switch disk (default A)
* 480p and DVD now available for GameCube
* Improved stability - less crashes!
2.0.2 - September 19, 2008
* Fixed network freeze-up problem
* Zapper now mapped to A and B
* Fixed auto-save feature
* Performance slowdowns on Gamecube should be fixed
* Will now attempt to load old save states with CRC filename
2.0.1 - September 6, 2008
* Zapper support! Turn this on in the Controller Settings - most games require you to have the Zapper on Port 2. Thanks go to aksommerville whose previous work on the Zapper helped, and michniewski's cursor code
* RAM game save support! Now you can save your games just like the NES did. By default game saves are saved/loaded automatically. This can be changed in the Preferences menu
* Start/Select reversed mapping fixed for Wii controllers
* Small bug fixes / improvements / tweaks
2.0.0 - September 1, 2008
* Complete rewrite based on code from SNES9x GX and Genesis Plus GX
* Wiimote, Nunchuk, and Classic controller support
* Button mapping for all controller types
* Full support for SD, USB, DVD, GC Memory Card, and Zip files
* Game starts immediately after loading
* Load/save preference selector. ROMs, saves, and preferences are saved/loaded according to these
* Preliminary Windows file share loading/saving (SMB) support on Wii: You can input your network settings into FCEUGX.xml, or edit fceuconfig.cpp from the source code and compile.
* 'Auto' settings for save/load - attempts to automatically determine your load/save device(s) - SD, USB, Memory Card, DVD, SMB
* Preferences are loaded and saved in XML format. You can open FCEUGX.xml edit all settings, including some not available within the program
* One makefile to make all versions
This thread is posted in the downloads section, only post here if you have a problem with the download.
If you wish to discuss the emulator then visit this thread - http://www.wiihacks.com/emulators/54...tml#post338366
Last edited by Stomp_442; 08-18-2010 at 03:05 PM.
it doesn't play "Action 52" though, every time you die in any game the rom freezes. Why do I care? I like to see how bad games can get. A masochist if you will.
Ok strangest thing. I read up about how all the 3rd party classic remotes don't really work with this program so I went to Best Buy spend 29.99 and got an official one from Nintendo. Came home plugged it in and sat down to play a few good hours of SMB1. Well first thing I noticed when I started up Homebrew is that it didn't register the classic controller inputs. The Wiimote still worked just not the classic. So I used the Wiimote to get to the program and fired it up. Same issue, the Wiimote works fine but no inputs from the Classic Controller works. It is the official as it has the clear A + B buttons and has Nintendo written on the input portion that goes into the Wiimote.
For some reason, the emulators I get from wiibrew.com don't work. they just go back to the wii system menu but the ones i download from the links on this guys Youtube videos do work...
I have an older Wii with the wawaniko mod that has a fceugx that can update online, how can I get that on the fceugx I have on my mauifrog modded wii?
The muaifrog mod worked great, the fceugx works great but I'd like to be able to update it like my other one!
How do I get it hooked up to the internet so it can update???
Last edited by elpoep; 01-22-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: i fixed the first issue!
hey thanks i am going to try this but i hope it does not mess up my system now cuz i am good with back ups now and where do uget games and roms for it thanks matt
Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more hereShift_Lock On Forum Issues - Vol. 1
First I would like to state that this is one persons point of view. It does not reflect this site (wiihacks.com) or any other staff/mod/or admin here. It is solely mine. Now even though a few may have similar points of view this should be taken as one person’s opinion. Also. This DOES NOT reflect all users and noobs here.. Just a select few personality types that pop in time to time. Let’s get started!
Outlook On Forum RulesNow I realize many of you did not even read the rules and just agreed to them.. Kind of like signing a legal contract without reading the clause that states you just sold your life away… It happens... When it does, YOU are still responsible and held liable for your actions. No matter how much you think its BS... It’s still on you. I for one am among those who did just that when I signed up here... (Shame on me I know) I to did not read them immediately (however I did speed through it to get a general idea)... I was quickly referred to them a few times do to not being thorough enough with “speed reading”...
Why we have rules on this siteThe rules here at wiihacks are here for a few key reasons. I’m only going to hit a few.
Conduct - We know it’s the net, and there are a lot of internet gangsters/bully’s/and plain jack ass’s... We don’t like that here. The ways users conduct themselves reflect the site... We want user to enjoy coming here but respect in general is needed. Flaming and such results in infractions/bans so don’t do it.
Piracy – This is a big one here, and no one seems to understand... First of all IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE SITE! Which every last one of you members had to agree to follow prior to being a member here. Copyright laws vary from place to place so they are different for others. But we have to follow our copy rights here to protect our site. We DO NOT support piracy and will not assist in it. We don’t want to lose our wonderful site that you as a user come to, to find help. Big brother (the government) and big “N” (Nintendo) may be watching along with a vast amount of other private sectors looking to stop the pirating of copy righted material. Shutting down sites that support it are somewhere at the top of the list to reduce this.
Personally, I don’t care what you do... I don’t care what your online habits are or how much porn/software/media you download every day. It’s your computer and your life. YOU are responsible for anything that may occur from that. Users who lack a way with words to express themselves in what they are trying to do may get wrongly accused of being a pirate and these things occur: warnings/infractions/bans/threads closed/YouTube videos of dancing pirates/ and many many possible pictures pointing you out.
We as staff here are obligated to abide by and enforce forum rules. Whether we believe their valid or not. They are in place to protect the site and members of our community. I won’t allow a poor decision result in losing this site.
Cheating – Play Fair... I support it... Nothing I hate more than losing to a cheater... If I lose I want it to be because the other person was actually better. Cheating takes the fun out of the game... Why make it easier? Do you suck that bad at it? Don’t like the challenge? GET A DIFFERENT GAME! We don’t support cheats here. Users will not be given help on how to become invincible or walk through walls... you want god mode? Unlimited ammo? Go Google it somewhere else. Don’t ask about it here.
There are a lot of users/members that say “this is wiihacks wtf?” or "that’s the point in hacking a Wii”... No it is not….. We assist users in backing up their legally purchased games so they don’t get ruined in the future (we know how kids are)... Before backups I had bought 3 Mario karts! Ridiculous… Anyways, it also allows us to fully enjoy the console and the convenience that some mods add to the system. We make it custom and set it up the way we like it. Kind of like your pc. A lot of users buy the Wii just so they can do that! I will ban anyone who tries to argue that point... Dont be ignorant...
“So you Think You’re a Hacker”Warning: Spoiler below is a rant.
"Shift_Lock's Rant about the tough guys"Really guy? We are “Modder’s” at best... most users aren’t even that. A hacker would shut down this site with a single code line… Not sit here claiming he’s one arguing about rules and why he needed help... I’m not saying we don’t have members that are real “hackers” but face it... You aren’t one of them... Coders and developers are fantastic people that make all this possible. And some of those guys truly are considered hackers at some level. Now, could they hack the pentagon? Probably not, but maybe. Who knows... lol
The point of this is for those of you that come on here thinkin you’re hot [nice word]... If you were a hacker you wouldn’t need our help and wouldn’t need to hide behind a proxy or redirect to post your nonsense… Get over yourself and just follow our guides. If you can’t “hack” a Wii, what can you do? Can you hit the logout button? Try It! How about facing your fail and going back to the guides to read some more… Leave the “hacking” to the REAL hackers out there. /end rant
“Need Help?”That’s why you’re here right? To get help Modding your Wii. Some users can just navigate the site and never need to post a thing because they can search, read and are on some level tech savvy. Other users need assistance. That’s why we are here... To support and assist those who need the help to mod or to help find solutions to their problems. We like to help… but... We don’t always like to spoon feed arrogant people who demand help or can’t use the search function... If our search is too hard to use there is Google, and if you can’t use Google then you SHOULD NOT mod your Wii...
We see the same issues every day, same posts, same questions, same answers…. SEARCH FIRST!!! Read a little… Geez people! Too lazy to search for a solution, but can type a wall of text that takes 15 mins to read? C’mon man… step up your game... My spoon hand is getting tired, gonna have to just start [nice word] slapping people with it…
Don’t be lazy... Help us, help you... If you’re really stuck then we take no issue helping as long as it’s within the lines of the rules... The “grey” area is kind of tough... The staff is here on OUR own time and do not get ANYTHING for being here helping you... We are not paid and don’t see any part of the donations... The donations go strictly to site development. Can you fathom how much it costs to run a site of this level and host the files that we do? Everything costs money... Just not the staff here so remember that the next time you are impatient or lazy... We aren’t getting paid... We are helping because we want to... So keep your cool and dont lose your head... Don’t give us reasons to NOT help you. If you do, well... Then we won’t...
"Mutli Threads, Double Posts and bumping"Ok.. So It might not bother you but it bugs the crap outta me! It clutters the forum and makes you come off as impatient and ungrateful.
Mutli threads - Do you really need more then one?? Mods and staff see EVERY POST MADE! You only need one thread for your issue.. Dont create more then that..
Double posts - You have an "EDIT" button... it will be right under your post to the right.. it will say "EDIT".. say it with me now.. "Eh-d-it" ...... Use IT!!!
Bumping - If no one has got to you yet there IS a slim chance it was missed.. probably not.. As we answer what we know. so if we dont know, We will leave it for someone else or atleast contact another Staff member for assistance. So WAIT and be PATIENT!You can bumpAFTER 24hrs! and that it!!! I will infract/ban/scold/kick your dog/delete any users who abuse this after warnings....
More to come (without a doubt) so stay tuned for the next edition! Peace I’m out!