Newbie Backup Own Games Question
I'm a newbie on this so please be patient , I searched and got some links but want to confirm my understanding is right.
1. I have wii sport and wii play and I want to backup, I have seen lot of tutorials on this site but everything talks about burning iso images to dvd. How do I backup my original games. Do I need special drive in my computer?
2. I have modded my wii (soft mod) wii gator homebrew and I was able to play one of my friends backup disc mario kart. So my wii can play backup games..
I want to know how I can backup the games that I own. I already have Nero can I use that ?
You need one of 4 LG DVD-Roms.
ImgBurn, a freeware program very similar to CloneCD.
Start RawDump 2.1. Insert the original into the LG DVD-Rom. Close the drive. Click "Start Dump".
In 2 to 3 hours, you'll have a game image, or .ISO. When the dump is complete, right click on the file and go to properties. Make sure the image is exactly 4,699,979,776 kbs. If it's not, it's a bad read, re-dump it.
Also, Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart are dual layer discs, so these will be larger than the kb stated above.
Write the .ISO in ImgBurn.
How to use ImgBurn:
1. Open the program and select "write image file to disc"
2. Select your file
3. Browse to the .ISO when the window pops
4. Set your record speed and insert a blank DVD-R
5. Hit the file to disc button.
Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install
Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC