Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: a little problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    a little problem

    Hi there I am new to all of this stuff... i have followed everything as stated in posts that i have read, however i have reached a problem. I have no problems burning a dvd+r cd but it will not play in my wii. So i tried to burn with a dvd-r and i get this error...

    i/o error!

    Device [3:1:0]sony dvd rw dw-d22a bys2

    Scsistatus: 0x02
    Interpretation : check condition


    CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation: Write (Sectors: 0-31

    Sense Area: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 30 05 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Cannot Write Medium- Incompatiblr Format


    I am using ImgBurn @1x speed
    using a sony DVD RW DW-D22A BYS2

    Every thing that i read tells me that i should be using a DVD-R.
    Any advice or even a soultion I would be greatful for.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,162
    Thanks
    528
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 418 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    What brand of DVD-r are you using?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Favs View Post
    What brand of DVD-r are you using?
    some sort of generic brand. Equip DVD-R 4.7 GB/Go 120 min up to max 16x.

    also do i need a mod chip to play these games or just the soft mod.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,162
    Thanks
    528
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 418 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Either a soft mod or modchip should work but I only use a USB Loader and they say that Verbatim DVD-R is the best brand to use.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so what your implying is that if i get this name brand dvd my dvd burner will reconize it?
    and i assume that you load the burnt dvd from the backup launcher? Sorry if this is annoying anyone however i have been butting my head up against a wall all day trying to figure this crap out. you see my biggest problem is getting my dvd burner to burn the dvd-r.. i keep getting the error stated as above. It burns fine for dvd+r however it will not work in my Wii.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    I did a search on your DVD burner, sony dvd rw dw-d22a bys2, and came up with this at cdfreaks, look HERE and HERE. Hope it helps.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,162
    Thanks
    528
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 418 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokinjo View Post
    so what your implying is that if i get this name brand dvd my dvd burner will reconize it?
    and i assume that you load the burnt dvd from the backup launcher? Sorry if this is annoying anyone however i have been butting my head up against a wall all day trying to figure this crap out. you see my biggest problem is getting my dvd burner to burn the dvd-r.. i keep getting the error stated as above. It burns fine for dvd+r however it will not work in my Wii.
    No I was just suggesting that you use good DVD-Rs if you intend to make backups.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Favs View Post
    No I was just suggesting that you use good DVD-Rs if you intend to make backups.
    That's right, verbatim or taiyo yuden are my picks.


    smokinjo, maybe even buying a new dvd burner. If your dvd burner is single format it must be really old. How old is it anyways?

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    I did a search on your DVD burner, sony dvd rw dw-d22a bys2, and came up with this at cdfreaks, look HERE and HERE. Hope it helps.
    Thank you very much. Hopefully this will shed some light on my headache.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    That's right, verbatim or taiyo yuden are my picks.


    smokinjo, maybe even buying a new dvd burner. If your dvd burner is single format it must be really old. How old is it anyways?
    If i can recall....perhaps 3-4 years. I'm glad you asked me this because i was debating on that as the problem to this whole thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •