EZ5i kernel 3.0 OB7 and unbricker
The EZ Team have released an update for their cards and released v1.0 of the unbricker. See below for changes, fixes and unbrinker info, instructions and download links.
Changelog (v3.0 Open Beta 7):
1.fixed the 7 char missing bug in big icon mode
2.added ARGV support for homebrews
3.fixed the special mode.
4.fixed homebrew boot,ideally support ezunbricker.
-5061 - Best Friends Tonight (U)
-5240 - Heisa Byoutou - Dementium II (J)
-5749 - Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (E)
-5756 - Kaidan Restaurant: Zoku! Shin Menu 100-Sen
-5770 - Captain America: Super Soldier (E)
-5781 - Captain America: Super Soldier (U)
-5833 - Kirby Mass Attack (U)
-5844 - Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (U)
-5864 - Professor Layton : The Last Specter (U)
EZ5i unbricker v1.0
- a DSlite or DS.
- a slot 1 flashcard able to run the unbricker homebrew. We will call it the host flashcard.
- your bricked EZ5i without any microSD inserted.
!! Warning !!
- Make sure your DSlite or DS is under good battery condition and there is nothing in the slot 2.
- Do not power-off or pull out the flashcard during any update process.
- If you use an EZ5i as the host flashcard be sure to use the kernel 3.0ob7 final version.
1. Extract the unbricker .nds file on the microSD's root of your host flashcard.
2. Insert the host flashcard in the slot 1 of your DSlite or DS and launch the unbricker.
3. Eject the host flashcard and insert the bricked EZ5i without microSD inserted in it as asked.
4. Press Y to start the flashcard recognition. If all goes well you should see the hardware version and firmware version of your bricked EZ5i (HD=705 or 805, Firmware=106). Go to point 6 now.
5. If the flashcard is not recognized, the unbricker will tell you it can't read anything and invite you to try again.
Press Y. Eject the EZ5i and clean the golden traces. Blow in the slot 1, insert the EZ5i and retry point 4.
If after several attempts your EZ5i is still not recognized, then it's probably totally dead. Sorry, no way to recover it.
6. Press A now to start the first step, the firmware update. Do not interrupt it or you will kill your EZ5i for good ! Wait until the end of the process.
7. Once the firmware update finished, the unbricker ask you to eject and insert again your EZ5i. Proceed.
8. Press Y to start the flashcard recognition. If all goes well you should see the hardware version (HD=705 or 805) and the new firmware version 107 of your EZ5i. Go to point 10 now.
9. If the flashcard is not recognized, the unbricker will tell you it can't read anything and invite you to try again.
Press Y. Eject the EZ5i and clean the golden traces. Blow in the slot 1, insert the EZ5i and retry point 8.
10. If you get the message "sorry your ez5i can't unbrick directly, send key1, key2, key3, key4 to ezunbricker[at]gmail.com", please send those keys by email. Shutdown your DS and wait for the answer and instructions.
11. If you get the message "Ok! your ez5i can unbrick directly!", then press A to start the second step, the unbricking process. You will see an erase and write process with hexadecimal addresses scrolling on the screen. Wait until the end, do not interupt it !
When all is finished you get the message "***** Unbrick successful!! *****". Congratulation your EZ5i is re-birthed, you can shutdown your DS.
Download from HERE
Source- EZ-Flash USA Forum • View topic - EZVi kernel 3.0 OB7 and Unbricker 1.0 (26th October 2011)