Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Does DS Lite Acekard 2i work with DSL Firmware version 6?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Does DS Lite Acekard 2i work with DSL Firmware version 6?

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Is anyone aware of whether newer DS Lites (those manufactured in early2009) have any problems with the Acekard 2i? Specifically, do the newer DS Lites still operate with version 5 firmware and if they run version 6 firmware, are the Acekard 2i updates from October compatible for use on version 6 firmware?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    AceKard 2i will work with DS lite, I have one and it works on DS lite and DSi. I cant say what firmware my DS lites are, they are about 1 year old, but I'm sure that a firmware for the AK 2i will take care of any problems.

    EDIT - so I tried this
    Checking the Firmware Version

    Different firmware versions have different behaviuors if a DS Game is ejected whilst Pictochat is running. To determine your DS firmware version, follow these steps:

    1. Insert an authentic Nintendo DS Game Card into your Nintendo DS

    2. Turn on DS (hold Select+Start if you have autostart enabled in the settings)

    3. Enter Pictochat

    4. Enter any chat room

    5. Eject the Game Card from the DS

    Result:


    * v1: Pictochat hangs
    * v2: two grayish blue screens
    * v3: two dark green screens
    * v4: two golden yellow screens
    * v5: two magenta screens (DS lite units that we know of have this)
    * v6: two dark blue screens (un-confirmed new DSes [new odd models of the Lite such as Crystal + Perl + Saphire] have this)
    and I get two pink looking screens, so I would assume I have v5 of the firmware. So I guess that does not answer your question, since my DS lite is v5.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 11-29-2009 at 07:46 PM.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    AceKard 2i will work with DS lite, I have one and it works on DS lite and DSi. I cant say what firmware my DS lites are, they are about 1 year old, but I'm sure that a firmware for the AK 2i will take care of any problems.

    EDIT - so I tried this


    and I get two pink looking screens, so I would assume I have v5 of the firmware. So I guess that does not answer your question, since my DS lite is v5.
    Stomp...yeah I pretty much know all of this....but the fact you got back to me is enough to thank you. My son wants to buy new DSLite...I have acekard 2i on a 2 year old DSLite. I would hate to have him get a new machine and not have it (the acekard 2i) work because of firmware fixes I keep hearing about on the newer machines. But you appear to be saying that regardless, the new acekard updates will work on the new firmware. Is that correct?

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Just buy it, if it doesnt work return it and find a used one if that is an option
    I would check my NDS version but I dont own a single original ds game
    just have an acekard 2i working on it
    (I found the console in the parking lot of wal-mart in black friday lol, I have no idea when it was purchased)
    Currently 4.1u(from 3.3u using waninkoko's updater) LU61 wii with D3-2 drive >_< 80GB WD Passport HDD
    Neogamma R8 B7 for testing , dont use it much
    USB loader GX r838
    BootMii as IOS (backup of NAND on PC)
    Preloader 0.29 system menu v449
    System IOS v60 cIOS 38 Rev 14


  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ishiny View Post
    Just buy it, if it doesnt work return it and find a used one if that is an option
    I would check my NDS version but I dont own a single original ds game
    just have an acekard 2i working on it
    (I found the console in the parking lot of wal-mart in black friday lol, I have no idea when it was purchased)
    Yeah, would like to do that....take it back I mean...accept the frickin' stores take little exception to open box. In this case, it's a limited edition DSL.

    You can check the version by taking the acekard out the same way you would take out a game...while in pictochat. I found this out accidentally.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by powerz View Post
    Stomp...yeah I pretty much know all of this....but the fact you got back to me is enough to thank you. My son wants to buy new DSLite...I have acekard 2i on a 2 year old DSLite. I would hate to have him get a new machine and not have it (the acekard 2i) work because of firmware fixes I keep hearing about on the newer machines. But you appear to be saying that regardless, the new acekard updates will work on the new firmware. Is that correct?
    You could check with the place your are going to purchase the AK 2i from, they maybe able to help you. I got mine from gamebygame, I'm sure you could send them an email and they may be able to help.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    You could check with the place your are going to purchase the AK 2i from, they maybe able to help you. I got mine from gamebygame, I'm sure you could send them an email and they may be able to help.
    Thanks again bro, I have the acekards (2 of the from deal extreme)..
    I went straight to Nintendo....they said they have not changed firmware on the DSL only the DSi...so I guess I am golden. Thanks for your help here.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •