Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Best card to buy for backup DS games

  1. #1
    New Member stimpy2300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Us Best card to buy for backup DS games

    Hello,

    I have been reading and searching for the best solution for my sons DS to load backup games and older NDS games to play on his DS.

    I was wondering what the best "easiest and most compatible and supported" solution. I have found the following

    R4
    M3
    Edge

    Looking for some help on the best solution.

    Regards,
    stimpy2300

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have heard so many problems with R4, and I've had some since I own an R4. Wait until the SuperCard team releases a DSi version, SuperCard is the most reliable and best DS backup flash cart.

  3. #3
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    383
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy2300 View Post
    Hello,

    I have been reading and searching for the best solution for my sons DS to load backup games and older NDS games to play on his DS.

    I was wondering what the best "easiest and most compatible and supported" solution. I have found the following

    R4
    M3
    Edge

    Looking for some help on the best solution.

    Regards,
    stimpy2300
    Every person I know will have their own opinion, but I use R4 Revolution or R4SDHC basically the same.
    The R4 can only take Micro SD where the other two can Take SDHC which currently go to 32GB.
    I personally use the fastest Cat 6 4GB SD cards I can get my hands on, they hold 50+ backups and have never given me any problems. Best of all, no children losing cards.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  4. #4
    New Member stimpy2300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timertrainer View Post
    I have heard so many problems with R4, and I've had some since I own an R4. Wait until the SuperCard team releases a DSi version, SuperCard is the most reliable and best DS backup flash cart.
    Supercard, interesting I did not read too much on that one. Will it support the original silver DS that is what my son has, I bought it this past year for Christmas. His birthday is coming up in August so I was trying to get it by then but if I have to wait I will.

  5. #5
    New Member stimpy2300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
    Every person I know will have their own opinion, but I use R4 Revolution or R4SDHC basically the same.
    The R4 can only take Micro SD where the other two can Take SDHC which currently go to 32GB.
    I personally use the fastest Cat 6 4GB SD cards I can get my hands on, they hold 50+ backups and have never given me any problems. Best of all, no children losing cards.
    So you use the R4? What do you mean about cat6 4gb sd cards and kid not loosing them? I thought they all take the tiny micro sd cards that insert into this r4 card? Can you elaborate?

  6. #6
    Admin / Super Mod ModderMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GVR
    Posts
    8,841
    Thanks
    758
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15

    Thumbs up this one is most recommended...overall


    Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

  7. #7
    New Member stimpy2300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Us

    Thanks ModderMan,

    Got a question on that post. It talks about the DSi the DS lite and the NDS. I am not sure but I think that I have just a DS...

    I checked it last night and now know it's a DS Lite.. Never knew that was their true name, they always just said DS....

    stimpy2300
    Last edited by stimpy2300; 07-22-2009 at 08:14 AM.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ! +1 for the acekard2i it works for the dslite, ds, dsi. I use it on my DSI and i love it, it has a nice UI and good support, they got it to work with the new DSI firmware too!!. Cyclo DS is also good but on the expensive side (works only with ds and ds lite)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •