Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: EZ Flash 3in1 Shell Mod

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    Right now this is just an idea, a work in progress really. What I'm trying to do is take the internal part of my EZ Flash 3in1 and transfer it into a real GBA game shell. I was able to lift the board inside enough to see that part of it is glued down with wires attached to the board. So, I could very well destroy my 3in1 while I'm doing this...though I will obviously try not to. Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what part of the 3in1 it is that's glued down, it appears to be a battery of some type, so it will take extreme caution prying it off.

    I'll keep updating with the details and who knows, maybe I can turn this into a step by step guide.

    Edit: Here's a pic to show what I mean about something that looks like a battery being glued down.

    image-2996890538.jpg

    Edit 2: Further reading online suggests that what I was talking about is the rumble motor. Being that I don't use rumble anyway, I may just sever the wires and continue on.

    Edit 3: I have now bought the cheapest GBA game I could find (ATV Off Road Fury for $2). The shell is in very good shape. All that's needed is a little more research to make sure that picture above really is just the rumble motor, then I can start this little project and hope it works out the way I hope for it to. I'll keep updating this post as I learn more about what it is I'm trying to do and whether or not it will work.

  2. #2
    New Member Nes_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
    I don't mean to rain on your party but whats wrong with the EZ flash shell?

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    Nothing necessarily, it's just not quite as sturdy as a real GBA one.

    If I spelled something wrong, I'll just blame it on auto-correct

  4. #4
    New Member Nes_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
    Ok, just wondering. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    No problem. Mostly I'm just doing it for the experience lol.

    If I spelled something wrong, I'll just blame it on auto-correct

  6. #6
    New Member Nes_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
    I'm sure Instructables would love a tutorial on the process.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    I'll be posting here when I'm done, if anyone wants to point them to it I wouldn't mind

    If I spelled something wrong, I'll just blame it on auto-correct

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    UPDATE:

    Alright, with a great deal of patience and careful prying with a small sharp object I have managed to get the full guts of the 3in1 out of it's original casing. Now to try planting it into the real GBA cart. More detailed instructions will follow if this works.

    image-3305587181.jpg

    Edit: Well, I new obstacle has arisen, but I'll see if I can think of a way to get around it. You see, there's a couple of little...nobs (for lack of a better word) that prevent the flash cards board from sinking all the way into the casing.

    image-3357660819.jpg

    Still I'll press on. Perhaps I can fix this with an old nail file or something. More updates to come

    Update 2: Looks like I have to sand down the case a little more than I thought. As you can see from this picture there's a good inch or two size difference between the real GBA game (upper half) and the flash card (lower half)


    image-3318783753.jpg

    If I want that board to fit properly I have to sand down the sides of the casing too.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,696
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 3,679 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    So essentially all this would do is more or less give a more sturdy cartridge and no real other benefit --- correct? I'm unfamiliar with the product (hence my question)...

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    Exactly. Or at least that's the goal. It's requiring more modification to the real GBA carts shell than I expected. I'm hoping grinding down certain areas of the inside of the cart won't result in compromising the sturdiness of the casing.

    If I spelled something wrong, I'll just blame it on auto-correct

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •