Noob with a brand new DSI XL for a child
Hello everyone. This is my first post and I'm hoping not to break any rules, so please bear with me. :D
I just purchased a DSI XL for my 6 year old sister for Xmas. She already has a DS Lite and a few games but i plan on buying her nothing but educational games. I'm not a complete noob to modding as i did so with my W!! for game backups. I'm not asking blind as I've done research on how to do this with the DSI. i know i need a cartridge and I've compared countless posts trying to decide what is best for me. this is becoming more and more difficult as i don't actually have the cartridges in my hand to compare for myself. i seem to hear M3iZero, DSTT, R4i Gold v2.0, iEDGE, and Supercard DStwo seem to be the front runners. I'm not big into all the other features i keep reading about except for maybe playing movies and music. i would also like to know if the micro SD matters? i have class 10, UHS-1 cards in all my devise just because and would like to know if the speed matters or if i could do with a regular class 4. i also see there is a SD slot. what is that actually used for: pictures, music, movies, game data?
Price is not a huge deal; it's Xmas and big bro is going to look out. Long story short, I'm still working on the W!! This Will Not Be for Me! It's for a 6 year old who will press every bottom on the planet and I'd rather not have to keep reinstalling anything. i want all her games in 1 spot so she never had to swap her cards out. In gist, these are my questions of what i need to know...
1. An awesome kid friendly flash cartridge of high quality 100% effective with all games (if possible)
2. Any cool flash cartridge features a 6 year old might like or need (books, music, movies)
3. (optional) which card that serves the purpose is also compatible with 3DS just in case we upgrade later
4. If the size and speed of the Micro SD card matters at all (16gb, 32gb- class 10,4)
5. What the SD card slot is for, and are pictures, music, and movies already a feature of the DSI???
i know that was a very long winded explanation of a question. I honestly have very little knowledge of this device and I'm trying to learn quickly so i can get what i need to put under the tree. Any info or suggestions what so ever would be extremely helpful!!!
Thank you in advance