Can you please help a new user with a drivekey2, very appreciated!
Hello everyone :D
Please go easy on me if I am asking redundant questions. I am just a mom who is attempting to mod a Wii for our children. I ordered this product " DriveKey v2.0 NSMB (New Mario bros) Fixed" online and it should be here in a few days. I have some game "backups" made already. They have been burned with Verbatim DVD-R on 3X speed as recommended. I have a few questions as I am totally new to modding. I have done some reading and researching but I want to be sure I am doing things right. Here are my concerns:
1. I have menu 4.3 installed on the Wii. Can I expect any problems with this? I am only using games that are in my region.
2. If the Wii does any online updates, do I need to worry about this? Does the chip prevent such downloads. Is there a risk if I were to surf online or go to the Wii store?
3. Does this chip need any updates after I install it. If so, how do I go about this?
4. Are there any problem games I should know about that don't work with this drivekey? As newer games come out, will I need to update or change anything for them to work?
5. Is there any other relevant information, or warnings I should know about. The last thing I want to do is brick my children's Wii. I am trying my best to give them some games within my technical abilities :)
I very much appreciate your time to reply and help us out!