Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Need some info

  1. #21
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,103 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Twilight Princess is aeons old, get with the times man. Bannerbomb still rules the softmod world.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  2. #22
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    Twilight Princess is aeons old, get with the times man. Bannerbomb still rules the softmod world.
    HAHA guess you can call me gram-pa then.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 40 Times in 18 Posts

    No

    Bannerbomb is the way to go, Twilight is the old way to hack the wii.

  4. #24
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Cn anyone tell me what the difference is between the ser. number of LU3950 and the LU64 or 65. Is there a difference between mine LU39 and the LU64 or 65.

  5. #25
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,103 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Probably. It 'suggests' for one that your Wii is not LU64+. However there has been an instance where a guy had a LU36 Wii that had been case swapped. LU36 case with LU64+ Wii inside which he promptly downgraded and full bricked. He got it from eBay.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  6. #26
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    Probably. It 'suggests' for one that your Wii is not LU64+. However there has been an instance where a guy had a LU36 Wii that had been case swapped. LU36 case with LU64+ Wii inside which he promptly downgraded and full bricked. He got it from eBay.
    See thats what I'm worried about mine is a LU39 and I really don't want to install the bannerbomb and wreck my wii. I will go ahead with this unless I'm absolutely sure it can be done safely.

  7. #27
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,103 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    If you are LU64+ (which I doubt) you'll be alright with Bannerbomb and virtually any other hack besides custom IOS downgrader and anyregionchanger, basically anything that does not change your System Menu to below 3.4.

    We don't kid when we say 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii. We mean it.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  8. #28
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    does LU39 have more defensive dvd drive, so it can't play back up disk, and LU64+ could play back up disk? also could LU39 install Bootmii on Boot2? i got my wii today at game stop that is LU39, so i would not think inside would be LU64+?

  9. #29
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    If you are LU64+ (which I doubt) you'll be alright with Bannerbomb and virtually any other hack besides custom IOS downgrader and anyregionchanger, basically anything that does not change your System Menu to below 3.4.

    We don't kid when we say 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii. We mean it.
    Well thats just it I don't have LU64.

  10. #30
    Member dr34m3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 201 Times in 180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cybergeek View Post
    Well thats just it I don't have LU64.

    Just follow the tutorial here and you should be fine

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

    Just read all of it first and when you are ready ,do it step by step. Have the guide open when you begin to softmod all the files that you need are provided in that post.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •