About to buy a used Wii and a DriveKey
I have been looking around wiihacks for hours, trying to figure out how all these chips work and which ones work the best. I want to avoid soldering.
I am under the impression that:
* DriveKey has 99% or more of all the features of all the other chips toward the goal of making Wii and gamecube backups boot and play without problems.
* Homebrew is a scary thing that will end in me bricking my Wii if I am not extremely careful (I'm not sure how to manage this yet).
* (I'm not sure if I can use homebrew if I get is a DriveKey as opposed to another chip...)
* I can update Wii without fear of bricking it, as long as it's not from a game disc.
* If I follow the above points, I will not brick my Wii and everything will be OK!
Please correct me if I'm wrong or fill me in on any important items that I've missed! Thank you!
Last edited by majesticdawn; 08-23-2009 at 07:48 AM.