Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: drivekey some games work some dont

  1. #21
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
    There seems to be some confusion about whether you can play scrubbed games on a Wii with newer versions of the Wii firmware, so I decided to test out some scrubbed games on my PAL Wii with DriveKey and firmware 4.0.

    I tested 3 different games, and 2 of them worked just fine. (I tried them all the way to the actual gameplay, beyond the main menu).

    So I guess it is too general to say that scrubbed games don't work with firmware 3.4 and above. I don't know if the ability to play scrubbed games or not have anything to do with DriveKey, though.

    Please note that the games I tested were all downloaded games which were already scrubbed when I got them, and I can't tell exactly which methods have been use to scrub them in each case.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts

    Drivekey works fine

    I'm not sure why so many people are having trouble with some games. I've got a Drivekey with 4.0U and every game i've thrown at it works fine. Even wii sports resort JAP version works fine, i just have no idea what it says though, lol. But most of the iso's were Cleaned with WiiScrubber 1.4, just make sure to burn them as slow as possible like 1-2x, this was a problem i had with ghostbusters, i first burned it at 4x but it always froze, so i tried 2x and it worked perfectly.

  3. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
    Just to update, I have now tested 10-15 scrubbed games on my PAL Wii 4.0 with a DriveKey installed (no softmod). All of the scrubbed games work just fine, except Super Smash Bros Brawl. (The issue with SSBB could be due to the fact that the original SSBB game is dual layer, unlike all the other ones I tested)

    I don't know how the rumour started about scrubbed games not working, but clearly it is not true.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CoNS View Post
    Just to update, I have now tested 10-15 scrubbed games on my PAL Wii 4.0 with a DriveKey installed (no softmod). All of the scrubbed games work just fine, except Super Smash Bros Brawl. (The issue with SSBB could be due to the fact that the original SSBB game is dual layer, unlike all the other ones I tested)

    I don't know how the rumour started about scrubbed games not working, but clearly it is not true.
    I agree with you on this, i haven't had any problems and i don't know why people say they wont work, the only thing that wont is trucha signed, but thats only if you have 3.3 or above.

  5. #25
    Junior Member Prarieboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    I have tried about 6 scrubbed games with 3.4 and none of them work maybe I should try upgrading to 4.0

  6. #26
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prarieboy View Post
    I have tried about 6 scrubbed games with 3.4 and none of them work maybe I should try upgrading to 4.0
    Prairieboy, what speed do you burn at, try a few at 1x on imgburn

  7. #27
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 1 Post
    ya, i have the same problem, im fully upgraded and madworld pal doesnt work

    im ntsc, and it was compressed.

    im about the try madworld usa, im not sure if its compressed it was like 46 files!

  8. #28
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 1 Post
    alright its done, op just try to find PAL versions of your game, the pal version of madworld did not work, where the ntsc did.

    from now on just try and get an pal version of the game, thats what i plan on doing, but with ntsc.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CoNS View Post
    There seems to be some confusion about whether you can play scrubbed games on a Wii with newer versions of the Wii firmware, so I decided to test out some scrubbed games on my PAL Wii with DriveKey and firmware 4.0.

    I tested 3 different games, and 2 of them worked just fine. (I tried them all the way to the actual gameplay, beyond the main menu).

    So I guess it is too general to say that scrubbed games don't work with firmware 3.4 and above. I don't know if the ability to play scrubbed games or not have anything to do with DriveKey, though.

    Please note that the games I tested were all downloaded games which were already scrubbed when I got them, and I can't tell exactly which methods have been use to scrub them in each case.
    i dont know y ppl are saying this. just today i installed my drivekey and i tested resident evil 4, tatsunoko vs capcom (scrubbed), naruto shippuden gnt ex3(scrubbed), oboro muramusa. they all worked with nor probs. SCRUBBED GAMES WORK. o btw i have 4.0 firmware with homebrew. thats it

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by customblast0926 View Post
    i dont know y ppl are saying this. just today i installed my drivekey and i tested resident evil 4, tatsunoko vs capcom (scrubbed), naruto shippuden gnt ex3(scrubbed), oboro muramusa. they all worked with nor probs. SCRUBBED GAMES WORK. o btw i have 4.0 firmware with homebrew. thats it
    They work fine on homebrew. They won't work on hard mods above a certain firmware. I tested it myself. But if the scrubber keeps the garbage file information (option) and uploads that with the scrubbed file the iso can be put back together for hard modders. I'm also not sure why people aren't using ciso's because they save a ton of space and can be uncompressed right back to iso with no issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •