Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Drivekey-madworld

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Drivekey-madworld

    I just installed my drivekey today and it has been good so far, I went to load Madworld and it shows me the disc and selection to start and goes black. I installed IOS 38,53,55 and still no avail.....It is a PAL version in case this makes a difference....anyone have any ideas to what i could do?


    Thanks
    Phil


    Solved below!
    Last edited by cypresskilla; 03-25-2009 at 08:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How did you resolve the issue?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryykor View Post
    How did you resolve the issue?
    It was a 002fix error causing it,(fixed that) I reburnt the DVD and now I am getting there is an error and to reboot the system.... I am going to try something different I burnt it as a ISO 9660 and now I will do a 9660+joliet and see what that does...so it is not resolved... I thought i could force (switched to NTSC)NTSC thru Gecko OS to fix that seems I cant sorry for misleading you...

    Phil
    Last edited by cypresskilla; 03-24-2009 at 03:26 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Still got the same error,there was a system error and reboot was needed....Im out of ideas ....
    Last edited by cypresskilla; 03-24-2009 at 04:43 PM.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cypresskilla View Post
    Still got the same error,there was a system error and reboot was needed....Im out of ideas ....
    Here's the solution if your running a PAL copy,not sure if this will work for you go ahead and give it a whirl....worked for me! (do my best to describe it)

    First, go to How to fix error 002 >HERE< - GBAtemp.net

    and fix the 002 error,follow that on pages 1 and 7,use page 1 with wiiscrubber (pay attention to the settings in the pictures,must be exact) extracting the main.dol and running the Generic Wii Patcher (under Patch the ISO before burning)to search and take out the error fix001 and error fix002....then replace the new main.dol file with WiiScrubber it will rebuild the DVD image at that point. Then burn the new copy at 4x which has been patched from the 001 and 002 error.

    Next,
    Install IOS (put in wad folder on SD Card)

    CIOS 16-64v257-prod.wad
    IOS38-64v3609.wad
    IOS53-64v4113.wad
    IOS55-64v4633.wad

    Load using a VMWad Manager, load one and reboot each time.

    Then load SoftchipR87 (pit on SD Card in apps)

    reboot

    Go to Softchip in Homebrew

    Use the following settings:

    SET IOS TO IOS 36 (REV 3090)
    Game Language:English
    Set Video Mode Using:disc Region(Default)
    Autoboot: disabled
    Silent:disabled
    Logging:disabled
    Remove002 Protection:Enabled

    If your chipped with a DriveKeyx4,set it to Block ALL updates
    Last edited by cypresskilla; 03-30-2009 at 10:52 AM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    for those without softmods:

    If your not using a backup from another region, just turn off drivekey's update blocking feature. Set it to allow all updates and you will not receive the blackscreen of death. Exit the game and then turn the update blocking feature back on and it will run just fine.

    I haven't been brave enough to try this fix on a disc from another region yet, even though I'm on 4.0u.

    For some reason the game disc needs to do an update in order to even run. It's almost like it's a game specific update located only on the disc and not within the latest system update (4.0u). Most games work fine, for those that have the blackscreen of death, just update them and then turn the update blocker back on.

    Be careful of using disc from different regions though, like I said, I haven't tested this fix for backups from different regions.
    Last edited by techn0; 03-30-2009 at 08:59 AM.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You techn0 For This Useful Post


  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techn0 View Post
    If your not using a backup from another region, just turn off drivekey's update blocking feature. Set it to allow all updates and you will not receive the blackscreen of death. Exit the game and then turn the update blocking feature back on and it will run just fine.

    I haven't been brave enough to try this fix on a disc from another region yet, even though I'm on 4.0u.

    For some reason the game disc needs to do an update in order to even run. It's almost like it's a game specific update located only on the disc and not within the latest system update (4.0u). Most games work fine, for those that have the blackscreen of death, just update them and then turn the update blocker back on.

    Be careful of using disc from different regions though, like I said, I haven't tested this fix for backups from different regions.
    I will keep that in mind, I like it better set to ALL and using softchipr87,it flows like water and loads with no issues.
    Last edited by cypresskilla; 03-30-2009 at 10:52 AM.

  9. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    Running Madworld with a Drivekey is simple, enter the drivekey config menu and turn on allow updates for your region, reset the wii, toss the Madworld disc in and it'll update the wii and the game will run perfectly. Just be sure you are using a disc for your region otherwise you'll end up in trouble.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badz2211 View Post
    Running Madworld with a Drivekey is simple, enter the drivekey config menu and turn on allow updates for your region, reset the wii, toss the Madworld disc in and it'll update the wii and the game will run perfectly. Just be sure you are using a disc for your region otherwise you'll end up in trouble.

    I believe you, I just feel safer loading it thru softchipR87(runs perfect too)and setting it to block all updates,with all the trouble i went through to set up my box which is an unhackable Wii its in the LU645125 series, with a d2nothingh drive,I feel I would hate to have something go wrong.Its bad enough I can't run very many softmods through it,lucky I got homebrew on it,so I am told....so thats why I am so cautious..

  11. #10
    Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store
    Senior Member
    Spyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    1,546
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 123 Times in 106 Posts
    LU64 with pal version of madworld = dont update from that disc !
    Send me a PM if you need any Canadamods.ca support

    $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping to Canada & USA
    Official Support for Canadamods. I am here to help.

    email: sales@canadamods.ca | website: http://www.canadamods.ca | Phone: +1 416 728 0648

    We are the Official Distributors for: P.3Key, Wode JukeBox, WasabiDX, WiiKey, DriveKey, M3i & More - Always Authentic Guarenteed !
    Buy Wode JukeBox v2.0 here: Here

  12. 1 User Says Thank You Spyman For This Useful Post


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •