A lot of questions.
I've been reading up on this a while now and have decided that I'm not worried about installing the chip (it looks really simple), but I am clueless on how to make a backup disk. So I have a few questions about this and other things.
1) What kind of dvd drive do I need on my pc?
2) What kind of disks work best?
3) Do I have to burn the originals or do I download and iso?
4) Where do you download an iso and how do you copy it to a disk?
5) Will the drivekey play dvd movies or just games?
6) Is there a way of telling if you're wii has a silver cable or has this problem been fixed?
7) Final question: Does anyone know if this is a reliable site to order from? They seem to have the best price from what I've seen.
As you can see I have a lot of questions. I just want to be 100% sure that I can do this. I appreciate any help.
sorry, I forgot to post the website for my final question.
Modchip Central - Official Distributor of Wiikey, D2Pro, D2Pro9, Wii-clip, R4DS, M3 Real, R4 DS, D2Pro 9, Wiikey2, Wiikey 2, Memor32, DSTT, Acekard, Acekard2, Acekard2 and more!
Originally Posted by Ovrlrd
1. One that can burn DVD's. I'm using a Sony SATA DVD Burner and have no issues with burning backups at full speed.
2. I'm using Sony DVD -R's. Some have had good success with +R and -R, you just have to try and see what works best for you. It's recommended to use -R's though. Vebratium seems to be the favorite choice but any brand will work.
3. You can do both, I believe you need a special drive to "rip" a original disc. No clue haven't tried it. I use downloads.
4. Newsgroups and Torrents. It's a disc image(.iso) and burned with a burning program that can burn disc images, There is a free one called ImageBurn that most use. I use Blindwrite.
5. Haven't ever tried a movie. Don't use my Wii for movies so unsure there.
6. I don't think there is a way of telling what cable you have. A reputable dealer will sell you a good chip, a shady one will sell you the weird chips that have issues.
7. I ordered mine from Foundmy.com and prayed that it would arrive. I'd highly recommend dealing with Welcome to Modchip Depot - Modchip-Depot.com You won't be screwed over by them.
1 User Says Thank You badz2211 For This Useful Post
Tags for this Thread