Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Games cutting off- need help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Games cutting off- need help

    Hey Guys,
    I got a question. I have a D2C Wii running the D2SUN 1.5 chip. I have tested 3 games for it, Resident Evil, Brunswick Bowling, and Trama Center: New Blood. Resident Evil will play for about 30 minutes, then it will shut off and give the error "cannot read disk ect ect" all the sudden. The Brunswick Bowling will run 15 minutes then shut off with the same error. Trama Center wont read at all. I burn all my games onto Verbatim DVD-R media and recorded at 4x speed. I make sure all regions match my Wii (NTSC USA). The only thing I can think of that is causing these problems is I might need "BrickBlocker" or some other homebrew prgram but I dont know. What could be causing this problem? Do I just need to go with another chip?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afboy143 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I got a question. I have a D2C Wii running the D2SUN 1.5 chip. I have tested 3 games for it, Resident Evil, Brunswick Bowling, and Trama Center: New Blood. Resident Evil will play for about 30 minutes, then it will shut off and give the error "cannot read disk ect ect" all the sudden. The Brunswick Bowling will run 15 minutes then shut off with the same error. Trama Center wont read at all. I burn all my games onto Verbatim DVD-R media and recorded at 4x speed. I make sure all regions match my Wii (NTSC USA). The only thing I can think of that is causing these problems is I might need "BrickBlocker" or some other homebrew prgram but I dont know. What could be causing this problem? Do I just need to go with another chip?
    Hi There,

    i have the same problem, running a D2c chip with a Wasabi v3 with Wii clip V5b, also Verbatim DVD-R, i had a lot of help from Spyman ( great guy) and i know now what the problem is, let me explain the problems i had then i can tell you what the exact problem is...
    some games just run perfect some dont, sometimes i burn a game, always with IMG burn and 4x speed, 1st DVD will give unable to read blah blah blah, copy it again and it works fine, tried on another computer to burn the disk and same problem, but the stange part is, each time i burn a game i do it always twice, because i burn the games for a friend too, she never has any problems with the games, only me.
    The only difference in our machines is that she has a DCPro9 and i have the Wasabi, both running 3.3E.

    Well the problem is the Verbatim, i have checked my disks and there made in India ( the worse place you could get em from)

    so long story short, use those DVD's for films or what ever and get some decent DVD's for your Wii.

    Regards

    Neil Hardy

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neilhhardy View Post
    Hi There,

    i have the same problem, running a D2c chip with a Wasabi v3 with Wii clip V5b, also Verbatim DVD-R, i had a lot of help from Spyman ( great guy) and i know now what the problem is, let me explain the problems i had then i can tell you what the exact problem is...
    some games just run perfect some dont, sometimes i burn a game, always with IMG burn and 4x speed, 1st DVD will give unable to read blah blah blah, copy it again and it works fine, tried on another computer to burn the disk and same problem, but the stange part is, each time i burn a game i do it always twice, because i burn the games for a friend too, she never has any problems with the games, only me.
    The only difference in our machines is that she has a DCPro9 and i have the Wasabi, both running 3.3E.

    Well the problem is the Verbatim, i have checked my disks and there made in India ( the worse place you could get em from)

    so long story short, use those DVD's for films or what ever and get some decent DVD's for your Wii.

    Regards

    Neil Hardy

    Amazing post Neil. I appreciate it. Which DVD's do you recommend for burning then? Brand??

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afboy143 View Post
    Amazing post Neil. I appreciate it. Which DVD's do you recommend for burning then? Brand??
    Hi Again,

    Well i am looking into
    Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 4.7 GB 16x / 100-pack
    Article number:
    TYOVRG4710016S
    Mediacode: TYG03

    Cost around 32 Euro's

    i have been reading a lot of forums and these are supposed to be the best,
    But i guess these guys on the forum can give us some more advise ?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    YAY! BEST THREAD! i am having the same problems too! i was borrowing a bunch of friends games, no dramas, but i was burning on LG cd's and RAGE RAGE RAGE! thanks

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Taiyo Yuden are great discs but maybe a little pricey for wii.

    I think the best thing is to do is to sample a few brands of discs find which one best suits your wii console and stick to that brand.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •