Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Hi There - First Post & Looking for some Help!

  1. #11
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    is it edited?

    regionfrii or Scrubbed *the download would be less than 4 gigs*

  2. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    is it edited?

    regionfrii or Scrubbed *the download would be less than 4 gigs*
    As far as I can tell both the ISO's I tried were full unedited ISO images at around 4.6GB

  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Success!!!

    Ok I finally cracked it!!

    Here is what I did so that anyone else with similar problems can hopefully crack it too.....

    Reminder....Firmware 3.3K with D2E Modchip.

    Well, it seems that with the Korean Wii, the only version of Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess that will run is the NTSC-J Japanese version. This can be a backup or an original but it MUST be the NTSC-J.

    From another thread I found that there is an ISO backup available under the name:

    The Legond of Zelda Twilight Princess(JPN)

    Note that the spelling is deliberate. A quick google for this should turn up where to find it.

    I then got a hold of the V0.1 Beta Twilight Hack which will run on Firmware 3.3 and the boot.elf file for Homebrew Beta 7.

    So I eagerly loaded up Zelda, and joy of joy, it didn't freeze on me as before but boot's up nicely into the game.

    However, of course everything is in Japanese, never mind……

    So I proceed to try and start a game, however each time, things get so far and then the game and machine freeze up with an error message displayed on the screen in Japanese. Hmm....this is what it looks like:



    Everything is completely unresponsive, I check everything, SD Card, another SD Card, controller - lights on but no response etc. I try this several times each time with the same result. OK, next step, I send of a quick email to a Japanese friend asking for help with translation....

    10 mins later my friend replies and is laughing at me...

    This message on screen says:

    Connect the nun chuck!!!....doh!

    OK, so try again, this time with the nun chuck connected. Now with the help of some video's that are on youtube I was able to negotiate my way through the Japanese menus on Zelda and the Korean menus on my Wii and run the Twilight Hack, install the Homebrew Channel and viola! it works!!!

    Next, I install the Gecko OS and then try Mario Kart....and everything works beautifully!!

    Korean Wii 3.3K cracked! Perseverance does indeed pay off in the end!

    Note – it would seem that in my case when running an English language game I need to change the option language in Gecko from console default to English.

    Here is a link to another thread which may help others too:

    http://www.wiihacks.com/genuine-wiik...i-success.html

    The original motivation for this was really just to get Mario Kart running, however many things I have learned along the way have sparked my interest and I will now go off and explore the wonders of homebrew apps…..

    Sincere thanks to all who helped me in this quest especially to

    admiral victorinox

    You are a star sir. Your guides and replies to my posts helped enormously.

    Cheers!!

  4. 1 User Says Thank You peterjung For This Useful Post


  5. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great job. Glad to hear that it is working for you.

    I tried the Twlight Hack, but got to the disclaimer page and got stuck. Tried the Reset on the Wii unit, also looked for the "GC START button" but could'nt find on the Wii remote.

    How did you get past it. What did you do?

    Here's an image for the page:



    Thanks.

  6. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by engteach View Post
    Great job. Glad to hear that it is working for you.

    I tried the Twlight Hack, but got to the disclaimer page and got stuck. Tried the Reset on the Wii unit, also looked for the "GC START button" but could'nt find on the Wii remote.

    How did you get past it. What did you do?

    Here's an image for the page:



    Thanks.
    When I got to this I just pressed the reset button on the front of the console and held it for a second, after short pause, the install writes another few lines on the screen and then the wii reboots and the homebrew channel is installed.

    Are you sure that you have got the homebrew boot.elf file and have it saved properly on the SD card?

    I think that one of the next lines to load should saw "found boot.elf" or similar

    Also is your SD formatted as FAT16?

  7. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    sorry..I just checked..

    the line found boot.elf actually comes up well before that.

  8. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjung View Post
    When I got to this I just pressed the reset button on the front of the console and held it for a second, after short pause, the install writes another few lines on the screen and then the wii reboots and the homebrew channel is installed.

    Are you sure that you have got the homebrew boot.elf file and have it saved properly on the SD card?

    I think that one of the next lines to load should saw "found boot.elf" or similar

    Also is your SD formatted as FAT16?
    Lets see, SD Card formatted FAT, check.
    boot.elf for Homebrew Beta 7 in the root directory, check.

    After I press Reset on the console, I get a message that says AddTicket failed: -2011

    Are the files in the wiiload directory important? The Read Me file that comes with the Twilight Hack says the wiiload directory can be deleted and suggest that they are not necessary. I tried both with and without them on the SD card. Both methods led to the same thing.

    The only difference I can see between your system and mine is the drive. Mine is a D2C2 and yours is a D2E. Also, I have a Wiikey 2 as a modchip. Do you think this is what is hanging up my install of the Homebrew?

    Thanks.

  9. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by engteach View Post
    Lets see, SD Card formatted FAT, check.
    boot.elf for Homebrew Beta 7 in the root directory, check.

    After I press Reset on the console, I get a message that says AddTicket failed: -2011

    Are the files in the wiiload directory important? The Read Me file that comes with the Twilight Hack says the wiiload directory can be deleted and suggest that they are not necessary. I tried both with and without them on the SD card. Both methods led to the same thing.

    The only difference I can see between your system and mine is the drive. Mine is a D2C2 and yours is a D2E. Also, I have a Wiikey 2 as a modchip. Do you think this is what is hanging up my install of the Homebrew?

    Thanks.
    Well, I am no expert and I have only learned just enough over the last few days to get to this point. Perhaps some of the experts on here can be of more help?

    All that I can suggest is you reformat the SD cardand download the files again.

    Here are the ones I used succesfully:

    Twilight Hack:

    http://hbc.hackmii.com/dist/twilight...v0.1-beta1.zip

    Homebrew:

    http://hbc.hackmii.com/dist/the_home...-beta_7.tar.gz

    Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •