Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 4.1u + D2Pro + HBC... Update OK?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ca 4.1u + D2Pro + HBC... Update OK?

    Hi All,

    I'm a new member and still unfamiliar with some of the advanced modding available/shared on this forum. I've followed this guide to get the NSMB game working which is amazing.

    Now I'm wondering if I installed HBC + Neogamma, which I understand is a softmod, can I still do the nintendo updates? Prior to getting the NSMB game working, I was able to do all the updates and all the previous games worked fine.

    Thanks in advance for anyone with an answer or can help explain what I need to be aware of.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by is-k View Post
    Hi All,

    I'm a new member and still unfamiliar with some of the advanced modding available/shared on this forum. I've followed this guide to get the NSMB game working which is amazing.

    Now I'm wondering if I installed HBC + Neogamma, which I understand is a softmod, can I still do the nintendo updates? Prior to getting the NSMB game working, I was able to do all the updates and all the previous games worked fine.

    Thanks in advance for anyone with an answer or can help explain what I need to be aware of.

    Cheers
    If you are just using your modchip then you can update. If you want to use softmods and you update you will lose your HBC.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    If you are just using your modchip then you can update. If you want to use softmods and you update you will lose your HBC.
    Hi WiiJohn,

    Thanks for your reply and comments. Just to clarify my understanding, since I now have HBC loaded on my Wii, if I continue doing the nintendo updates, will that wipe out my HBC? Or worse yet, will updating brick my wii kus of HBC?

    Much appreciated!

    is-k

  4. #4
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by is-k View Post
    Hi WiiJohn,

    Thanks for your reply and comments. Just to clarify my understanding, since I now have HBC loaded on my Wii, if I continue doing the nintendo updates, will that wipe out my HBC? Or worse yet, will updating brick my wii kus of HBC?

    Much appreciated!

    is-k
    Hi, I don't think it will brick your Wii, although I have heard of some instances.
    It removes your HBC and you have to do the whole 4.2 mod from scratch.
    Again there are instances of this not working, low %.

    To recap, if you want things simple and clean, usemodchip and update,
    if you want softmod don't update.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •