01-14-2010, 01:48 AM
NeoGamma only working with NSMB
After using SMNE.dol on my NTSC-u I went to play pal game. Now I get a message from neogamma it can't find the dol for that game. If I turn off alt.dol it runs fine. Is this what I have to do or is there a work-around?
Last edited by ewahlers; 01-17-2010 at 09:26 AM.
01-21-2010, 11:36 AM
This worked for me as well. The SNME.dol file is not recognized. I think it has something to do with my system beeing PAL, or / and the DVD beeing PAL. The problem I had with SMNE.dol even after renaming it to SMNP01.dol was that I just got a black screen when launching. When I launched the game without a .dol it would work, but same error after a few minutes because of protection. With the main.dol Roelfsre posted it works, at least for the 20+ minutes i Played just now. Thank you.
Originally Posted by roelfsre
I can confirm that my PAL system and PAL NSMB DVD works as I have played for over an hour with no errors. Just change step 11 in torange's excellent guide.
11) Download (main.dol), rename it to SMNP01.dol and place it into your NeoGamma (root) folder.
Other info: New version of NeoGamma and updated cIOS (don't know if it matters for this to work or not).
I presume this is because of PAL version, can anyone confirm this?
Last edited by Gorguss; 01-22-2010 at 01:19 AM.
02-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for this guide. I searched endlessly for a guide to NSMB that would work with my chipped and softmodded Wii. Followed the directions and it's been working for a couple hours now. Thanks again!!!
02-28-2010, 06:20 AM
I have this same problem, and hope this patch will work. However, the link seems not to work (at least reliably, I can get partial download 20% of the time). Can someone post a different link where I can download main.dol? Please and Thank You.
03-05-2010, 01:00 AM
ive got 4.1E version and followed this guide
The normal Way:
1) go here and download neogamma r8 beta 13: NeoGammaR8beta13.zip
2) use winrar or similar package to unpack the files
3) you should now have a folder called neogammar8beta 13
4) inside this folder will be 6 files (neogamma sourcecode readme old readme smne.wip and smnp.wip )
5) get your sd card out of the wii and put it into your wii via card reader
6) open your sd card up and navigate to APPS folder
7) copy the six files above into the apps folder on your sd card
put the sd card into your wii and launch the hombrew channel
9) you should now see the neogamma file,make sure it is neogamma r8 beta 13,as you may have an older one from the softmod package
10) launch the neo gamma program by clicking load,when it is running move the green bar down to config options and press a,a new menu will appear,move the green bar down to search patches and change the option to yes by moving left or right,move the green bar down to save config and change the option to yes,now move the bar down to return to menu and press a
11) insert your back up of new super mario, move the green bar to launch game on dvd and press a,after a short while the loader will attempt to load the game and fail to find the patch files,this process is need to create a neogamma config file
12) take the sd card out and put it back into your pc,there should now be a neogamma folder in the root of the sd card,open this and it should have only 1 file in it,you need to copy the 2 files smne.wip and smnp.wip into here,once you have done that put the sd card back in the wii and launch the hombrew channel,then neogamma r8 beta 13,put your back-up in and it should work!!!
you only need to do this process once then it should work everytime with neogamma r8 beta 13
and used this nsmb
[Wii]New_Super_Mario_Bros[PAL][FIX WORKS ON USBLOADER_DVD][WIISOS.com]
worked a treat, just upgraded to beta 15 too and alls still good..
Have to admit i do have a matching set of 6 NSMB Wii coasters
09-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Hi everyone I religiously followed all instructions and the one by the poster above to get this backup to work, however all attempts have failed.
the error I get is:-
dvd read error 1219 no cIOS
the download game was : Wii New Super Mario Bros PAL FIXED By Nathan.nrg