Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter

    Just got the above game for my girlfriends wii but like a few of the other threads read im just getting a black screen.

    Dont know what fw version her chip is but the wii fw is 3.2E.

    The copy i have got is a PAL am i safe to run it without WiiBrickBlocker for the update ?

    Does anyone know what fw this would install or advise what game i should get to install or is it safe to get it via the internet.

    Thanks in advance for any help given.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    black screen means your missing an ios or 3.

    i havent bothered downloading it yet, so not sure which ones.

    As long s you are 200% sure its the same region, you could use it to update, or, a safer way would be to use wii scrubber to extract the ios's from the disc and install them with wadmanager.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    black screen means your missing an ios or 3.

    i havent bothered downloading it yet, so not sure which ones.

    As long s you are 200% sure its the same region, you could use it to update, or, a safer way would be to use wii scrubber to extract the ios's from the disc and install them with wadmanager.
    Thanks for the fast reply mate much appriciated.

    Could you please explain in fools terms for me what to do as i got it chipped for her and everything as worked untill now but she doesnt play alot of games on it.

    WiiBrickBlocker showed it as been PAL.

    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    you can rip the wad files containing the ios files with wiiscrubber.

    You can then use wadmanager via Homebrew channel to install the wads to give you the missing files.

    you could also look on the forum for a program called pimp my wii, this is run from the homebrew channel and will check and update all your ios's.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    you can rip the wad files containing the ios files with wiiscrubber.

    You can then use wadmanager via Homebrew channel to install the wads to give you the missing files.

    you could also look on the forum for a program called pimp my wii, this is run from the homebrew channel and will check and update all your ios's.
    Mate ur losing me here i dont know anything at all about the wii.

    IOS ??
    Wiisrcubber ?
    Wadmanager ?
    Homebrew Channel ?
    Pimp My Wii ?

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWAFC View Post
    Mate ur losing me here i dont know anything at all about the wii.

    IOS ??
    Wiisrcubber ?
    Wadmanager ?
    Homebrew Channel ?
    Pimp My Wii ?

    Thanks.
    then you need to go do some reading and learn something about the wii.

    You shouldnt be installing or altering anything you dont understand.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    then you need to go do some reading and learn something about the wii.

    You shouldnt be installing or altering anything you dont understand.
    100% Agree mate but trying to get this working for the gf.

    Do you feel this is because of the FW on the Wii ?

    So if i update via a PAL Game this should be ok ?

    Is there any FW not to update to ?

    Thanks again mate for all your advice.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    updateing from a correct region disc should be fine, but as you dont know how to use wiiscrubber you have no idea what version its going to update you to.

    no discs have system menu higher than 3.4 (apart from two japanese games) but 3.4 isnt the greatest place to be. if you just take some time to do some research of your own you could fix this in a few minutes with a copy of wadmanager and some ios wads.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    updateing from a correct region disc should be fine, but as you dont know how to use wiiscrubber you have no idea what version its going to update you to.

    no discs have system menu higher than 3.4 (apart from two japanese games) but 3.4 isnt the greatest place to be. if you just take some time to do some research of your own you could fix this in a few minutes with a copy of wadmanager and some ios wads.
    Thanks again mate ill look into it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •