Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Confused! REAL cIOS38 R15 coming out on X'mas Eve?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Confused! REAL cIOS38 R15 coming out on X'mas Eve?

    I have read a few posts about cIOS38 R15 and noticed that there are rumors about the current cIOS38 R15 is not official and the real thing is coming out on X'mas Eve. Can anybody confirm on that please? There are so much uncertainty about R15 that it feels too confusing.

    Just try to shine some light onto the matter, I have tested R15 myself.

    Upon installing, I notice that most of my old games that run well with R14 under NeoGamma R7 and R8 no longer work under cIOS38 R15. Either I get an Error 001 or 002. Tried Softchip Loader 1.0.0 as well, still getting Error 001 most of the time. (Tested on Wii Sports Resort, Paper Mario, Rayman TV Party, all Error 001.) The only game that seemed to not work with R14 but works with R15 is Sengoku Musou 3. I tested Taiko no Tatsujin 2, which worked on R14, continued to work with R15. It might be conincidence, but both happens to be Japanese games....

    So I'm wondering if this is actually a zone issue or something more?

    I have reverted back to R14 for the meanwhile by overwriting the R15 with a R14 install. Everything seems ok for now, but I want to get a direct response from anybody if there is indeed a R15 that works?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    It has been reported that the current cIOS38 rev15 breaks more than it fixes. It has also been reported that Waninkoko will release a cIOS38 rev15 update on Christmas Eve, so we just wait and see.

    I just noticed the other day that Waninkoko has removed all Wii stuff from his blog, I thought that was odd, because he spent so much time creating all that stuff and then just removes it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Exactly what I'm thinking, what is going on anyways? Who said Waninkoko is going to release anything on Christmas Eve?

    I fear that the broken R15 is the last that we'll see.... If so, I really have no idea what else I can do to get things working....

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Getting what to work? Rev14 works like a champ with everything I throw at it.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Am I getting mixed up or is it Waninkoko who is leaving the Wii scene ???

    If so that'll explain the removal of the stuff from his blog
    It's amazing what you find when you use the search function ! Use it. It's free !

  6. #6
    New Member painless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton View Post
    Am I getting mixed up or is it Waninkoko who is leaving the Wii scene ???

    If so that'll explain the removal of the stuff from his blog
    Maybe Nintendo hired him!

  7. #7
    mtb
    mtb is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    It has been reported that the current cIOS38 rev15 breaks more than it fixes. It has also been reported that Waninkoko will release a cIOS38 rev15 update on Christmas Eve, so we just wait and see.

    I just noticed the other day that Waninkoko has removed all Wii stuff from his blog, I thought that was odd, because he spent so much time creating all that stuff and then just removes it.
    It was widely reported a couple of months ago that Waninkoko was leaving the Wii scene, certainly as far as general development was concerned. As for cIOS38r15, I've been using it since the 19th of November with no problems whatsoever on about 70 games.

  8. #8
    Junior Member vinnie35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by mtb View Post
    It was widely reported a couple of months ago that Waninkoko was leaving the Wii scene, certainly as far as general development was concerned. As for cIOS38r15, I've been using it since the 19th of November with no problems whatsoever on about 70 games.
    Yeah same here 115 games working just fine!
    WII 4.2E, Wiikey 1, Bootmii&priiloader as boot2, Cios 38 rev 17, USB Loader gx r913, cfg loader 54b, WD640gb wbfs

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,219
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb View Post
    As for cIOS38r15, I've been using it since the 19th of November with no problems whatsoever on about 70 games.
    Yeah same here 115 games working just fine!
    __________________
    WII 4.2E Wiikey 1 Cios 38 v14 USB Loader gx rev859 WD640gb
    Your signature suggests otherwise.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
    it will be released today.

    by him as our xmas gift.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •