Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need help with benzin

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,005
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 893 Posts
    I am trying to edit the BRLAN & BRLYT files I extracted from an officially purchased Virtual Console game in order to make official looking Virtual Console Channels for the NES, SNES and GBA emulators. I would like to replace the VC games title that appears below the image of the games title screen (in this case Super Mario Bros NES) with an image I found on google of the VC logo, next I simply want to strip the layouts of the Year, Players and Game Title displays so all that's left is the background scrolling the console name, my newly added "Virtual Console Logo" and the central image giving a preview (which I will simply replace with a pic of the system the emulator is for). Now here is my problem, I've opened up the BRLYT file via benzin and set the visible tags for the before mentioned items from 01 to 00 so, hopefully they will be invisible and therefor not displayed, but when I try to repack it back into the BRYLT file to use in CustomizeMii Command prompt tells me "XMLYT couldn't open!". Can anyone offer some help here, maybe someone knows what I did wrong?

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks


    Edit: Apparently I need to Notepad++ to do it right lol...I don't see why WordPad couldn't handle it properly. However I still can't get the Year, Player and VC titles to disappear...somehow I made the "Nintendo Entertainment System" text that scrolls in the background disappear but not the things I wanted to...any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,005
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 893 Posts
    Well, sadly my idea for the ideal Virtual Console Emulator channels doesn't appear to be possible. I've found out which lines to delete to remove the year and date from the banner but when I do that it also alters the banner background by changing the color and removing the scrolling system name (ie "Nintendo Entertainment System" text no longer shows). And I can't get the game title (ie Super Mario Bros) to disappear at all! I was really hoping there was a way, I don't give a damn about cracking VC wads cause I'd rather buy my VC games anyway but I figured having a nice custom channel for each system emulator would be a nice way to consolidate the games into less locations on the menu and to save space as well.

    Still, I'd be very grateful if anyone had an idea as to what it is I'm doing wrong.

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •