Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Canadian ICOKE Contest

  1. #1
    retrogamer
    Guest

    Canadian ICOKE Contest


  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Is that the PS3 contest? It's closed if it is. Brutal giveaway as well. Run by a firm called eprize. If you see a contest being run by eprize, just run away.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You Trout For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    retrogamer
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Is that the PS3 contest? It's closed if it is. Brutal giveaway as well. Run by a firm called eprize. If you see a contest being run by eprize, just run away.
    I posted this one because it said you can still redeem your points for prizes. Not too familiar with the eprize company though. Thanks for the info about them.

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Yeah they are scary. Icoke and eprize ran a laptop contest last year. The tried switching the prizes listed with a cheaper laptop and hoped no on would notice. Got alot of complaints on that one. I guess the law states you can only switch prizes if they match or exceed the value listed.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Trout For This Useful Post


  7. #5
    retrogamer
    Guest
    That's rotten. Hopefully they shipped the prize to the winner though.

  8. #6
    New Member jitterbugjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 34 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Yeah they are scary. Icoke and eprize ran a laptop contest last year. The tried switching the prizes listed with a cheaper laptop and hoped no on would notice. Got alot of complaints on that one. I guess the law states you can only switch prizes if they match or exceed the value listed.
    Man that is horrible. I have to admit the execution of this years ps3 contest was trash as well. Apparently you had to send them a registered letter stating your intention of recieving the prize. Plus winning was pretty difficult as the site constantly would go down and eat pins. I heard of a few people winning but, Pepsi still conducts the best contests.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You jitterbugjohnny For This Useful Post


  10. #7
    New Member jitterbugjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 34 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogamer View Post
    That's rotten. Hopefully they shipped the prize to the winner though.
    They did but, for a while there were rumours of people having to pay tax on the ps3's...luckily that didn't pan out.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You jitterbugjohnny For This Useful Post


  12. #8
    retrogamer
    Guest
    Those people were lucky. I guess they were afraid to annoy the winners any further.

  13. #9
    New Member jitterbugjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 34 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogamer View Post
    Those people were lucky. I guess they were afraid to annoy the winners any further.
    I think so...plus they were getting a tonne of emails and phone calls from participants. I hate when companies offer prizes but, it's more so that they can advertise on their product and associate a hip prodcut with their brand. I wish they would construct an interesting contest that would build a solid customer base. (although I guess the only reason they ever run a contest is to associate hot products or events with their products)

  14. 1 User Says Thank You jitterbugjohnny For This Useful Post


  15. #10
    retrogamer
    Guest
    Talking about that, has anyone heard the results about the latest Comedy Central Wii giveaway. It's like the contest never existed. They never announced the winners.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •