Version 4.8.1 Released
Download ModMii Installer For Windows
Download Italian ModMii Installer
Download French ModMii Installer
Download Dutch ModMii Installer
Download Spanish ModMii Installer
What is ModMii?
ModMii, formerly known as NUS Auto-Downloader, is able to download all the files needed to modify ANY Wii (4.3U/E/J/K and Below); it can generate custom guides based on your Wii's specifications, and save the files to your SD Card in their appropriate locations for easy offline softmodding.
Literally run the program once, let it download,
and you have all the files you need on your SD card to modify your Wii
What can ModMii do?
- It can download all the files necessary to Modify, Upgrade & Downgrade your Wii System Menu
- Download individual IOS/cIOS files, cIOS & cMIOS installers, Official Wii Channels, System Menus, Multi Mod Manager, YAWMM, Dop-Mii, both versions of Bannerbomb, Hackmii Installer etc.
- Install patched IOSs without an wifi connection on your Wii
- This includes an easy to follow Custom guide to setting up a USB-Loader (including how to format/partition your external hard drive)
- Install SNEEK, build SNEEK NAND dumps, and Batch Extract Wii Games for use with SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI
- Customize Bootmii, Wad Manager and MMM start-up settings using ModMii
Configurators to create a custom config files
- This is also capable of downloading 000000**.app files for Sneek and MyMenuify
- Provides solutions for the upside-down homebrew channel and the HackMii installer No Vulnerable IOS problems
- Advanced Custom Downloads Feature will allow you to easily patch and change the slot/version of IOSs/cIOSs (only use this feature if you know what you are doing!!)
How to Use ModMii
- Download and use the ModMii Installer
- Run the "ModMii.exe" (make sure your firewall or proxy is not blocking the program from accessing the internet)
- Choose an activity from the list on the Main Menu to begin (see screenshot below for options). Note, a custom guide will only be generated when "ModMii Wizard (W)", "HackMii Solutions (H)" or "USB-Loader Setup (U)" are selected.
How to mod your Wii
- Run ModMii, from the Main Menu enter "W" to start the ModMii Wizard
- When asked if your Wii is a virgin, you can answer yes "Y" even if your Wii is not a virgin in order to re-hack your Wii and update all your Wii's softmods. You should only answer no "N" if you know specifically what softmods need updating or if you only want to change your system menu version.
- Answer the questions ModMii asks about your Wii, it's very simple, so I won't even go into the details, but here's a video tutorial made by Pepxl based on v4.0.1. Later versions work much in the same way, so its still a great tutorial even if you are using a newer version.
- Wait until the program is done working, verify that all the files downloaded successfully, then (if you didn't change the drive letter to your SD card) locate the newly created folder called "COPY_TO_SD". Copy everything inside this folder to the root of your SD card (merge folders if it asks).
- Now just follow the generated guide.
Added a lot more info to NAND\nandinfo.txt when building\modifying emulated
NANDs. Also, now after building\modifying emulated NANDs ModMii will open
nandinfo.txt using notepad.
Updated nswitch channel to v1.0 - old versions will be detected and updated
by ModMii's Emulated NAND Modifier. With this version of the channel installed
it is possible to launch UNEEK and UNEEK+DI without an SD Card.
Updated Priiloader v0.4 to v0.7 neek2o mod in ModMii's emulated NAND
builder\Modifier. This version of Priiloader will not freeze when installed
to emulated NANDs.
Updated Priiloader Hacks (Download Page 2) to include both hacks.ini and
hacks_hash.ini. Both files are copied to emulated NANDs when installing
Enhanced ModMii's Emulated NAND Modifier region\firmware detection by having
it read from NAND\content\title.tmd. As a result the Emulated NAND modifier
is now able to install\remove Priiloader to\from all firmwares (instead of
just 4.1-4.3). However, system menu theme installations are still limited
Replaced the Homebrew Filter Channel with Postloader when building emulated
NANDs. There are now two Postloader downloads on ModMii's Download Page 2,
a forwarder channel and an autoupdating download for the app itself.
Changed default NAND folder naming when building new emulated NANDs so that
they are also compatible with Postloader. Instead of /nands/nand# now they
will be named /nands/pl_eu for euro/pal NANDs, /nands/pl_us for USA NANDs,
/nands/pl_jp for JAP NANDs and /nands/pl_kr for Korean NANDS.
Users are once again asked to provide a serial number when building emulated
NANDs instead of always using the default serial number. This change was
reversed after discovering that if on the first boot of an emulated NAND the
serial number is not the same as the real NAND it MAY prevent establishing
an internet connection.
d2x cIOSs updated from v6 to v7. The d2x v7 final changelog can be found here:
Thanks davebaol for all your hard work on this!
Enhanced d2x beta support. Now when accessing the d2x beta menu it will list
all the d2x versions hosted on the d2x-google code page as well as identify
which are featured at that point in time. These are listed in addition to any
'offline' beta d2x cIOSs you may have manually saved to ModMii's
Added d2x-beta-md5-updater.bat to ModMii's Support folder. This will mainly
be used by davebaol to facilitate his construction of d2x beta zip archives
that are compatible with both ModMii and the d2x cIOS Installer. With this
change all future d2x beta cIOSs will be released simultaneously for both
installation methods. On a personal note, it was a pleasure collaborating
with davebaol on this.
Reverted back to using MMM, IOS236 Installer and Priiloader v0.7 (236 Mod)
instead of WiiMod (with ahbprot) and Priiloader v0.7 (with davebaol's
ahbprot bug-fix). This was due to WiiMod harmlessly failing to load in
certain uncommon situations. I have prepared an alternate version of
ModMii v4.8.1 that still uses WiiMod so anyone interested in helping jskyboo
beta test WiiMod please get in touch with jskyboo or myself. WiiMod is still
available for download on ModMii's Download Page 2.
Updated Wii Backup Manager to Wii Backup Manager 0.4.5 build 78.
Fixed bug where an older version of SaveGame Manager GX was being downloaded
instead of the latest version (this was due to a change in how the files were
being hosted on its google code page).
Adjustments made to Syscheck Updater to support additional acceptable SysCheck
logs (i.e. MIOS v10, cIOS222 and cIOS223). It will now also check if d2x-beta
cIOSs are installed when a d2x beta cIOS is activated (instead of always
checking for the d2x version included with ModMii).
Some optimizations when running ModMii in command line mode. Added a command
to install an extra folder of WADs to an emulated nand. I don't think anyone
is using this feature anyways so this isn't big news.
Celebrities may walk on the red carpet, but ModMii walks on toilet paper
because it's the SH*T!
Other minor changes
Special thanks to the following people, who have gone out of their way numerous times to help me (XFlak) when they didn't have to
DeadlyFoez, cwstjdenobs, Leathl, Violator, WiiCrazy, Giantpune, WiiPower
diddy81, DaMysteryMan, pepxl, ChokeD, longtom1, tj_cool, mauifrog and xzxero
Thanks to my cuz, Violator, who first got me into the Wii scene.
DeadlyFoez for always being there to bounce ModMii ideas off of.
tj_cool, xzxero and burritoboy9984 (aka. Erik) for their awesome Guides.
Team Twiizers for creating the revolutionary HackMii Installer.
Waninkoko for creating CIOS and other excellent apps like WAD manager.
davebaol, xabby666 and XFlak for creating d2x cIOSs - a mod of waninkoko's rev21 cIOS
Hermes for creating his efficient CIOS 222/223/224.
Comex for creating the heavily utilized bannerbomb exploit.
Crediar, phpgeek and daco taco for brick protection via Priiloader.
cwstjdenobs for creating the YAWMM, my personal favourite WAD Manager.
Arikado and the Dop-Mii team for Dop-Mii and the Fakesign Restorer.
WiiWu and the Dop-Mii team for MMM.
Leathl for libwiisharp, patchios, nusfilegrabber, showmiiwads etc.
WB3000 for creating the first incredible NUS Downloader.
WiiNinja for creating the command line version of nusd.
WiiPower for Neogamma and much more.
WiiCrazy for Crap (Forwarder Channel Maker) and Crazy Intro.
Wiigator for creating his Gamecube Backup Launcher.
oggzee, usptactical, gannon and Dr.Clipper for Configurable USB Loader.
Giantpune for USB Loader GX and much more.
Fig2k4 for Wii Backup manager.
Wiimm for Wiimms ISO Tools.
diddy81 and symular syn of the Wii Theme Team for their amazing themes.
Narolez for his NForwarder code and FIX94 for helping me compile it.]
pepxl for his awesome graphics work (including the icon for this app).
mamule(F), xav91(F), ketufe(F), Wasabi(I), Step(I), Hielkenator(D) for translating ModMii.
Wii.py devs: Megazig, Omega, Xuzz, SquidMan, Matt_P and The Lemon Man
Daeken for writing Struct.py and marcan for his LZ77 code
qwertymodo for helping me make ModMii GPL compliant
All my beta testers!