Bricked Wii - round 2 (tried over a year ago)
I've posted this problem here before (over a year ago, I think Mauifrog was trying to help (and I appreciate it!)).
Anyway, I figured there would have been more advances in Wii hacking since then so I'd like to give this another try.
Here's my situation again:
1. It's an early Wii that was softmodded using the Twilight Hack. I don't think preloaders existed back then, so there isn't one.
2. I have an autobooting chip installed (purchased and installed as a result of the bricking)
3. Booting the system normally gives me a screen with the usual "System files are corrupt..." but it's garbled.
4. If I use my wireless Gamecube controller to get to recovery mode, I can get to a screen that shows "4.2(USA)" in the lower right corner.
5. I've tried Wii Repair disk 1.31, UUDv2, and AB AnyRegion - none of them work through recovery mode. The Wii stays on the "4.2(USA)" screen.
When this happened over a year ago, I just bought another Wii, hacked it with preloaders, etc. and all is well. I figured it would be nice to have a second Wii.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.