Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Bricked or not You be the judge please help...

  1. #1
    New Member trew01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Bricked or not You be the judge please help...

    Ok so I am not new to the mod scene and I understand most of whats on this forum. Been having this issue for a while and I will go into detail what the issue is....

    Ok so I come home from a long day at work and I want to play my soft modded Wii Thanks to the lovely Wiihacks site that ive been using for over a year now.

    I turn it on (Using my wii-mote so i confirm its not the Bluetooth module) but it just sits at a black screen no "Press A health screen" nothing. so I hold the power button down for 5 seconds to turn it off and try again. same thing.

    Ok so i decide to leave it sit there while i make a sandwich or whatever i want as a snack. Why you may ask? Well for some odd reason I cant wrap my mind around it seems to enjoy working properly after sitting for a few minutes maybe longer. So i come back power it off and back on and wala! it works. now the "Press A" screen comes up. so i can now use my Wii right?

    Wrong! sometimes when it feels like it i can get as far as the homebrew channel and then it freezes cant use the wii-mote to turn it off and the menu sound keeps repeating a couple notes in the music.

    so i repeat the hard reset and it works great again now i get through the homebrew channel and can load using my usbloader program and then my games ive backed up. so im playing for a few minutes and bam any game random times it will just stop and freeze midgame same thing. sound repeating a couple notes or whatever part of the game im at.

    Now then mind you this is random. and sometimes i can play for 6 hours (on a game im totally addicted to) or more without a single freeze.

    so what might be the problem? anyone have a clue why this happens or is happening? I Would greatly appreciate any help i may receive. I guess if it comes to it I will have to buy a used wii from gamestop and get rid of this junked one. sad thing is I take really good care of my electronics and I would hate to give up on something that i think could be soft mod related.



    1) I do not have boot2 options

    2) I do have a nand backup

    3) Same situation goes for when loading into priilloader it goes to a black screen

    4) no usb device or SD card in slot when trying to get to priiloader have to do the same thing wait a bit with the system on then power it off and back on.


    Here is my syscheck info

    sysCheck v2.0 by Double_A
    ...runs on IOS36 (rev 3351).

    Region: NTSC-U
    System Menu 4.2 (v481)
    Hollywood v0x21
    Console ID: 85719940
    Boot2 v4

    Found 139 titles.
    Found 38 IOS on this console. 9 of them are stub.

    IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS9 (rev 778): No Patches
    IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
    IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
    IOS12 (rev 269): No Patches
    IOS13 (rev 273): No Patches
    IOS14 (rev 520): No Patches
    IOS15 (rev 523): No Patches
    IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
    IOS17 (rev 775): No Patches
    IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
    IOS21 (rev 782): No Patches
    IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches
    IOS28 (rev 1550): No Patches
    IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
    IOS31 (rev 3349): No Patches
    IOS33 (rev 3091): No Patches
    IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches
    IOS35 (rev 3349): No Patches
    IOS36 (rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
    IOS37 (rev 3869): No Patches
    IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
    IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
    IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
    IOS53 (rev 5406): Trucha Bug
    IOS55 (rev 5406): Trucha Bug
    IOS56 (rev 5661): No Patches
    IOS57 (rev 5661): No Patches
    IOS60 (rev 6174): Trucha Bug
    IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
    IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
    IOS222 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS249 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS254 (rev 31338): BootMii
    BC v6
    MIOS v10

    Report generated on 2011/12/19.

    anything wrong up there?

    thanks again guys for now im just dealing with it and saving often in my games lol.

    kinda frustrating if ur in the middle of a cut scene or battle and boom freeze :P but i hope someone here is willing to dig deep and try to help me figure this silly thing out.

  2. #2
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    So it just randomly started doing this with no changes to the Wii? Sound kinda like a hardware problem to me. But you might want to update you softmod and see if that helps. Start with the "Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed" spoiler of the Softmod ANY Wii guide (link in my sig).
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You dniMretsaM For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    New Member trew01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    So it just randomly started doing this with no changes to the Wii? Sound kinda like a hardware problem to me. But you might want to update you softmod and see if that helps. Start with the "Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed" spoiler of the Softmod ANY Wii guide (link in my sig).
    ok are you saying there is something wrong with the files i posted?

    only thing i regret doing is installing usb loader-GX on the system menu like where the tiles are? it never runs it freezes when i click on it. (i think when i first did it it had to install options 1) being install to wii menu and 2) just use from homebrew channel via SDcard). the homebrew always runs correctly. could that be the culprit?

    if it were bluetooth related the wiimotes wouldnt power on the system at all correct? thats my understanding.

    i actually recently updated my ios using your guide to be able to play kirby and the new zelda i bought and backed up.

    what do you think i should do next?

    and thank you for your reply.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by trew01 View Post
    ok are you saying there is something wrong with the files i posted?

    only thing i regret doing is installing usb loader-GX on the system menu like where the tiles are? it never runs it freezes when i click on it. (i think when i first did it it had to install options 1) being install to wii menu and 2) just use from homebrew channel via SDcard). the homebrew always runs correctly. could that be the culprit?

    if it were bluetooth related the wiimotes wouldnt power on the system at all correct? thats my understanding.

    i actually recently updated my ios using your guide to be able to play kirby and the new zelda i bought and backed up.

    what do you think i should do next?

    and thank you for your reply.
    the syscheck you posted shows you are way out dated and should follow the advice given.. if you are usb loading your HDD might be dying...

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Shift_Lock For This Useful Post


  7. #5
    New Member trew01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    the syscheck you posted shows you are way out dated and should follow the advice given.. if you are usb loading your HDD might be dying...
    ok thanks for the reply shift! i did tests on the HDD its all in the green and made sure that there is no spindown of the HDD either. would updating EVERYTHING solve a problem that has happened for a while now?

    do I just start over and do all the steps in frogs softmod guide? or what do you recommend? sorry just need to know so i dont mess it up. been a while.

    as a side note would anything i said in the last post about the installation of the usbloaderGX in the title menu be the iszue since it always freezes when i load it there instead of HBC?

    last thing i need to ask is i hear that you never want to auto update HBC is this true?

  8. #6
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by trew01 View Post
    ok thanks for the reply shift! i did tests on the HDD its all in the green and made sure that there is no spindown of the HDD either. would updating EVERYTHING solve a problem that has happened for a while now?

    do I just start over and do all the steps in frogs softmod guide? or what do you recommend? sorry just need to know so i dont mess it up. been a while.

    as a side note would anything i said in the last post about the installation of the usbloaderGX in the title menu be the iszue since it always freezes when i load it there instead of HBC?

    last thing i need to ask is i hear that you never want to auto update HBC is this true?
    This:
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    So it just randomly started doing this with no changes to the Wii? Sound kinda like a hardware problem to me. But you might want to update you softmod and see if that helps. Start with the "Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed" spoiler of the Softmod ANY Wii guide (link in my sig).
    and ths:
    Remove gx and install the newest revision of it AFTER you update your softmod. make sure you delete the loaders config data also. Id leave it on the sd too..


    edit:
    I still think its hardware.. its a sporadic problem and may not be spin down but the HDD might just be starting to die.. I would back up you hdd as a precaution...

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  9. #7
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trew01 View Post
    would updating EVERYTHING solve a problem that has happened for a while now?
    Possibly. Do the update and find out.

    Quote Originally Posted by trew01 View Post
    as a side note would anything i said in the last post about the installation of the usbloaderGX in the title menu be the iszue since it always freezes when i load it there instead of HBC?
    Remove the channel and the app. The guide will install the latest version of GX and a compatible channel.

    Quote Originally Posted by trew01 View Post
    last thing i need to ask is i hear that you never want to auto update HBC is this true?
    Not true. Where did you read that? I've done it before with no problems. The guide will update it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  10. #8
    New Member trew01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    thanks for that shift. ok doing it all from what you said.

    before i go off doing this last thing about the HDD. are you saying because it freezes in games the HDD could be going bad? what about the freezing before i even load the games? its freezing like at the health screen too remember and system menu randomly.

    anyways thank you both ill keep you posted if it works out. how do i delete a channel installed like USB loader GX channel. just do it as i would a normal added channel through the wii settings?

  11. #9
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    well.. if your system menu is corrupt the guide will fix it as long as you install the patched 4.1sm the guide installs.. just dont skip anything and you'll be fine..

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  12. #10
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trew01 View Post
    anyways thank you both ill keep you posted if it works out. how do i delete a channel installed like USB loader GX channel. just do it as i would a normal added channel through the wii settings?
    You can do that. It would be a more complete removal if you removed it with AnyTitle Deleter or via the WAD you installed it with, but it's not necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  13. 1 User Says Thank You dniMretsaM For This Useful Post


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •