Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Black Screen

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Black Screen

    Hi my friend tried to softmod his wii. when try to install bootmii as an IOS the bootmii was corupt and he got the black screen. i try to use the recovery disc with the wasabi chip in also the mario kart to update the system but it does'nt boot-up at all.looks like a full bricked

  2. #2
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Hmm, installing bootmii as IOS wouldn't brick the wii. Did you do anything else?
    Damn I suck!!!!

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no he just tried to softmod and that was the first thing he done try to install the bootmii

    and he said the bootmii was corrupt
    Last edited by pdmj; 10-08-2010 at 04:55 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    I could see it happening if Bootmii boot2 was corrupt but as IOS? What makes you say it was corrupt? Are you just guessing that was the problem?

    Can you power on with the Wiimote?
    How many times does your drive light flash at startup?
    Can you get to recovery menu with savemiifrii?
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 10-08-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by pdmj View Post
    Hi my friend tried to softmod his wii. when try to install bootmii as an IOS the bootmii was corupt and he got the black screen. i try to use the recovery disc with the wasabi chip in also the mario kart to update the system but it does'nt boot-up at all.looks like a full bricked
    Mario Kart installs the 3.1 update, I'm thinking that a Wii that installs BootMii as IOS will have a higher system menu, so have you tried to updat with a disc that has a higher system menu install?

  6. #6
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    I could see it happening if Bootmii boot2 was corrupt but as IOS? What makes you say it was corrupt? Are you just guessing that was the problem?

    Can you get to recovery menu with savemiifrii?
    Savemiifrii is useless, unless you feel like destroying a GC controller for no reason.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  7. #7
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Savemiifrii is useless, unless you feel like destroying a GC controller for no reason.
    This is not true - I didn't read the article you link to because I don't have time right now but Savemiifrii is a good diagnostic tool when it comes to Wii bricks and hardware issues. Also, you need it to boot recovery discs if you have the right cIOS with the right patches. You also need it to install an update from an official game disc when you have a black screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    Mario Kart installs the 3.1 update, I'm thinking that a Wii that installs BootMii as IOS will have a higher system menu, so have you tried to updat with a disc that has a higher system menu install?
    This is most likely why it didn't update however, updating the system menu will only help you if you bricked from a bad theme. It won't fix a banner brick if that's what you have. A corrupt IOS254 won't brick you as Krank said so this isn't the issue.

    Also, you need to get into recovery mode to install an update from disc.
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 10-08-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  8. #8
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    This is not true - I didn't read the article you link to because I don't have time right now but Savemiifrii is a good diagnostic tool when it comes to Wii bricks and hardware issues. Also, you need it to boot recovery discs if you have the right cIOS with the right patches.
    You really should read the article later. I think it will change your mind.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    You really should read the article later. I think it will change your mind.
    Based on the limited info the OP gave there is no way to determine if savemiifrii can be used or not (except by trying it).

    Or if the OP remembers what he did to cause this, because it wasn't installing bootmii as an IOS. Possibly installing as boot2 as streamlineHD said.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  10. #10
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    You really should read the article later. I think it will change your mind.
    If recovery menu doesn't come up with Savemiifrii what does that mean to you? I ask because it tells me a lot seeing as it works for a certain reason.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •