Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Briked Wii from a bad theme

  1. #11
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcmurray76 View Post
    Put the bootmii folder on your sd card with the cboot file
    then load bootmii through the HBC,
    then load boot.dol
    He doesn't have bootmii as boot2 so cBoot is out.

    @OP you will need a savemii or savemiifrii and possibly even a modchip. You are stuck where you are without any of those. -Regards
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 09-22-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  2. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi!
    I manage to repair my Wii without bootmii, preloader , GC controller and other things!!
    I just upload Nintendo's Offical Wii BackUp Disk v1.31 - burn it (Verbatim dvd-r)
    and i try to insert until Health screen
    ant i have other Error message (can't read disc)
    So i notice that original system preloader can run this Disc - this massage occur only because this is other region Disc or something like this.
    So i check up all my boot-able Discs that useless for me and i fount Iso than i did't try to load befor from mauifrog
    BIG THANKS FOR YOU USEFUL POST!!!
    Because this iso MMM-250.zip the same size as Offical Wii BackUp Disk v1.31- it' s 629 145 600 bites!!!
    it means that this ISO created using official Wii BackUp Disk!!! i burn it and try to load - and it's WORKED!!!
    I have done All according instruction from mauifrog and NOW I HAVE UNBRICKED WII!!!
    i have many others Discs with bootable Wad Manadger, bootable HBC .... they are USELESS wITHOUT CG controller or savemii
    they have other size (350 Mb, 10 MB and even 5 MB)
    so the official system preloader check up size of the Disc - it must be 629 145 600 bites and have bootable files from Offical Wii BackUp Disk v1.31
    so the system thinks that this is Offical Wii BackUp Disk and trying to load it!!!
    I have already installed Black theme!!!
    But i notice that - i can't run Dvd-R Discs from main channel.
    right now i can only use USB loader (mount DVD) or other programs for HB
    Does this means - i need to reinstall cIOSCORP ???
    what kind of version of cIOSCORP i need to install for 4.1E???
    i also notice - that i can't copy saves from games with online play (like Monser Hunter ) to SD.
    i have patched my previous sys menu to able this trick - that kind of patch i need to install right now?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,412
    Thanks
    1,826
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 3,605 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Glad you got it sorted (I think; your layout is simply terrible, and doesn't inspire users to read the haphazard formatting employed). Priiloader has hacks for your saves, enable and you can move them to your SD card. You really ought not to fool with themes, as you've discovered they can and often will brick you hard. This is absolutely not recommended for BootMii/IOS install users. DarkFail/cIOSFail isn't really recommended or supported by this site --- use it at your own risk, and you better have Priiloader block disc/online updates.

  4. #14
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    It worked because you had cioscorp not because of the game size. Good to hear you're problem was solved.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Glad you got it sorted (I think; your layout is simply terrible, and doesn't inspire users to read the haphazard formatting employed). Priiloader has hacks for your saves, enable and you can move them to your SD card. You really ought not to fool with themes, as you've discovered they can and often will brick you hard. This is absolutely not recommended for BootMii/IOS install users. DarkFail/cIOSFail isn't really recommended or supported by this site --- use it at your own risk, and you better have Priiloader block disc/online updates.
    terrible layout , haphazard formatting employed - Uhh my english not to good to understand this
    i like my layout - i'm Ukrainian!

    Thanks for the information!
    I shall install my old - 100% tasted by me cioscorp

    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    It worked because you had cioscorp not because of the game size. Good to hear you're problem was solved.
    I mean size of the bootable dics. Because i tried many bootable disc before - and all of them CAN'T boot at startup with CIOSCORP.
    i manage to boot only OFFICIAL NINTENDO BD and MMM-250

    Thanks for the information

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by realWiiplayer View Post
    terrible layout , haphazard formatting employed - Uhh my english not to good to understand this
    i like my layout - i'm Ukrainian!

    Thanks for the information!
    I shall install my old - 100% tasted by me cioscorp



    I mean size of the bootable dics. Because i tried many bootable disc before - and all of them CAN'T boot at startup with CIOSCORP.
    i manage to boot only OFFICIAL NINTENDO BD and MMM-250

    Thanks for the information
    Update to Darkcorp 1.1. I would think your corp should still work if you installed the cios60-v6174 I linked to you. Use priiloader to enable region free if needed, and neogamma for any games that give you display issues. There is an autobooting neogamma channel you may like.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Update to Darkcorp 1.1. I would think your corp should still work if you installed the cios60-v6174 I linked to you. Use priiloader to enable region free if needed, and neogamma for any games that give you display issues. There is an autobooting neogamma channel you may like.
    Tnanks. yes i enable region free and reinstall cIOSCORP_v3.6
    now i can run Discs from the main channel.
    i have neogamma but i don't like to use it
    I like USB loader because it is much better to play games using USB Flash or USB hard Drive.

    We have a very good people (in Kiev) - ****************
    *****************************
    ******************************
    ******************************************
    ***************************

    Last edited by mauifrog; 09-24-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •