Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Another Brick Problem (Help? ;P)

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    If you backup and format your sd card and extract MMM_CB2_BB2.zip to sd:\ You can use the app manager in MMM to load savegame manager and backup your save files. Also, you should be able to load the HBC from the MMM app manager if you install HBC-Forwarder.zip to sd:\apps\hbc forwarder and rename it to boot.dol

    If you can't do that, make another nand bump in bootmii, then use showmiinand to extract the savegame files and reinstall with savegame manager.

    You may have corrupted your message board, try to hold + - then press A at the health screen.

    Also, turn off WC24 and standby.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  2. #12
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    If you backup and format your sd card and extract MMM_CB2_BB2.zip to sd:\ You can use the app manager in MMM to load savegame manager and backup your save files. Also, you should be able to load the HBC from the MMM app manager if you install HBC-Forwarder.zip to sd:\apps\hbc forwarder and rename it to boot.dol

    If you can't do that, make another nand bump in bootmii, then use showmiinand to extract the savegame files and reinstall with savegame manager.

    You may have corrupted your message board, try to hold + - then press A at the health screen.

    Also, turn off WC24 and standby.
    It's not a corrupt message board since his system menu doesn't come up at all.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    If you backup and format your sd card and extract MMM_CB2_BB2.zip to sd:\ You can use the app manager in MMM to load savegame manager and backup your save files. Also, you should be able to load the HBC from the MMM app manager if you install HBC-Forwarder.zip to sd:\apps\hbc forwarder and rename it to boot.dol

    If you can't do that, make another nand bump in bootmii, then use showmiinand to extract the savegame files and reinstall with savegame manager.

    You may have corrupted your message board, try to hold + - then press A at the health screen.

    Also, turn off WC24 and standby.
    I tried the + - combo + A and doesnt work only shows corrupted msg, also tried the GC controller D pad thing doesnt work either. I tried extracting those files but it doesnt boot up. When I turn the console on it just displays the health screen. Also I noticed something odd, the wii is corrupted, yet Wiiconnect24 is working and the Disc light is flashing as if I recieved a msg. I was able to boot Bootmii and CB2_BB_SysCheck_1.6.1 . Maybe a missing file in that folder?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by hiryusama View Post
    I tried the + - combo + A and doesnt work only shows corrupted msg, also tried the GC controller D pad thing doesnt work either. I tried extracting those files but it doesnt boot up. When I turn the console on it just displays the health screen. Also I noticed something odd, the wii is corrupted, yet Wiiconnect24 is working and the Disc light is flashing as if I recieved a msg. I was able to boot Bootmii and CB2_BB_SysCheck_1.6.1 . Maybe a missing file in that folder?
    It is missing the bootmii folder, use the one from cb2 dopmii, then load mmm. Get into the HBC and play a game.

    Then use the savegame manager to backup all your savegames.

    Then load Nintendo Backup(250).zip via neogamma from disk or usb or from cfg usbloader. Use the delete all function.
    Last edited by mauifrog; 09-09-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. #15
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    It is missing the bootmii folder, use the one from cb2 dopmii, then load mmm. Get into the HBC and play a game.

    Then use the savegame manager to backup all your savegames.

    Then load Nintendo Backup(250).zip via neogamma from disk or usb or from cfg usbloader. Use the delete all function.
    It does sound like a banner brick but the OP has said nothing about installing any channels prior to this happening. Reinstalling the system menu (which the OP has already done) wouldn't fix a banner brick so maybe that is the actual problem. In which case that disk should work. This has been a confusing issue from the start as there are many possible factors to throw things off. The most prominent factor being the system overheating which I think was just a curve ball. I wonder if the OP did install a bad channel and somehow left that part out?
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 09-10-2010 at 04:20 AM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    tried to download the HBC_Forwarder.zip frm mediafire (ref. thread #11).
    failed again and again.
    pls check. thx.

  7. #17
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhome View Post
    tried to download the HBC_Forwarder.zip frm mediafire (ref. thread #11).
    failed again and again.
    pls check. thx.
    I just downloaded it no problems... Make sure you don't have a peerblocker or anything like that running.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    I just downloaded it no problems... Make sure you don't have a peerblocker or anything like that running.
    yup, am aware of it. i could download the MMC part but the HBC.....
    ....wierd -- "The website declined to show this webpage" !

  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    It does sound like a banner brick but the OP has said nothing about installing any channels prior to this happening. Reinstalling the system menu (which the OP has already done) wouldn't fix a banner brick so maybe that is the actual problem. In which case that disk should work. This has been a confusing issue from the start as there are many possible factors to throw things off. The most prominent factor being the system overheating which I think was just a curve ball. I wonder if the OP did install a bad channel and somehow left that part out?
    Sorry couldn't deal with the console yesterday. I haven't installed anything recently cept SDHC loaders which have been working fine all these past months. Now regarding the brick, It may have been something else, I just noticed it only happens when the console is really really hot. Also MMM works fine but I can't open the HBC trying to look for more HBC files and the save extractor. Still wondering how come Wiiconnect24 is still working recieving msg's.

  10. #20
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    If SDHC loader is the last wad/channel you installed. You might want to try uninstalling it using wad manager CB2_BB2. Put the same wad in the wad folder and choose to uninstall it. See if that does anything, if not try the N backup disk from above just beware this will uninstall any added channels, wads, and game saves you have.
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 09-10-2010 at 10:49 AM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •