Black screen from preloader 0.29
Aloha all, hopefully you guys are capable of providing me with a bit of guidance on how to proceed with my current predicament.
Tried to install preloader 0.29 several months ago for some extra brick protection and ended up toasting my Wii as it froze on the "reboot in 5s" screen -Oh the irony!
Black Screen of Wii on boot up
- One blue flash of the DVD - which is odd since I KNOW I installed some manner of bootmii when I soft modded the thing, maybe IOS version? It's a relatively new wii so I doubt it was the boot2 type
- No menu when I turn on wii while holding down reset
- Capable of powering on with wiimote
I checked out the sticky on full bricks and I have a couple followup questions.
- Even though I installed a version of bootmii once upon a time, because I currently don't have the two-flashes, I don't have the option of trying bootmii related recoveries, correct?
- If bootmii is possible, how do I access the menu? MY SD card with the /bootmii folder does nothing while inserted and I definitely don't have a nand backup SD.
- Reset + power doesn't work, so preloader didn't install properly and that's off the table, correct?
- Regarding the savemiifii. I can go pick up a cheap gamecube controller for 14 bucks so it's a nonissue but say that I do get into system, what then? From my understanding, I need to have a mod-chip, is that correct? If a mod chip is not required, what would be my next step?
Cruising ebay shows a bunch of wii motherboards running only $44 which isn't too bad considering how much modchips cost and how ungodly expensive it is to mail it back to nintendo. Can one simply plug and chug in a new motherboad? If so, that certainly seems like the cheapest option... Unless there's some additional expense I'm not seeing.
Well, hopefully my post wasn't too incoherent or verbose. Thoughts, advice, and flames would be greatly appreciated.