Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Softmodded Twilight hack Wii killed by Metroid Other M update! Help!

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy Softmodded Twilight hack Wii killed by Metroid Other M update! Help!

    Alright, I bought Metroid: Other M today, and was playing Valkyria Chronicles on my PSP as I booted it. Being preoccupied, I didn't notice that it was installing a system update on my Wii. When I looked up and saw it updating, I thought about turning it off, because I didn't want to lose my mod, but I decided not to, figuring I would re-mod it later.

    Sadly though, it seems to have bricked my system. When I boot, it goes directly to a black screen that says "The system memory is corrupt.", and tells me to consult the manual. The text on this screen is all messed up looking too...

    Am I ****ed now, or is there a method like the Pandora Battery for the PSP that can save me?!?!?

    Please, someone help me out here! If someone helps me get this resolved by the end of today (8/31), I will supply a reward to the person who helps me the most!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,212
    Thanks
    1,784
    Thanked 4,211 Times in 3,541 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Fail to search or read prior to updating to 4.3, eh? The game guide is here. First time posters are asked to make a quick hello in the Introductions section of the site.
    Last edited by nightstah; 08-31-2010 at 11:06 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    When I boot, it goes directly to a black screen that says "The system memory is corrupt.", and tells me to consult the manual. The text on this screen is all messed up looking too...
    What do you mean by messed up looking, does it boot to the wii menu?

    Edit: I see this has been closed. Might be hard to re-softmod if it doesn't boot properly?
    Damn I suck!!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,212
    Thanks
    1,784
    Thanked 4,211 Times in 3,541 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    I have moved user's thread to the bricked section of the site (yes, and reopened --- sorry about that).

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,168
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,559 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Try to boot bootmii with your bootmii folder on the sd-card -it won't work.

    Can you hold reset and boot the wii while holding reset. See if preloader happens to be there- it wont be there.

    Ge a gc-controller and try to load savemiifrii. Perhaps this will load. Did you have cIOSCORP installed? I don't think you'll be able to fix this with cioscrop installed. So if your lucky, you have it.

    Let me know, also give this a read.
    Sticky: OH SH*T: Black Screen of WII!!!
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,212
    Thanks
    1,784
    Thanked 4,211 Times in 3,541 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    OP: do exactly as mauifrog directs you to try; he's our Bricks Guru (I know you're new to the site, why I'm chiming in on this).

  8. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  9. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Try to boot bootmii with your bootmii folder on the sd-card -it won't work.

    Can you hold reset and boot the wii while holding reset. See if preloader happens to be there- it wont be there.

    Ge a gc-controller and try to load savemiifrii. Perhaps this will load. Did you have cIOSCORP installed? I don't think you'll be able to fix this with cioscrop installed. So if your lucky, you have it.

    Let me know, also give this a read.
    Sticky: OH SH*T: Black Screen of WII!!!
    1. Not sure how to use bootmii, or what it is exactly. Is it just a program that I can load up on my card and use now? Or did I need to have installed it previously?

    2. Nothing happens why I try holding the reset button while booting.

    3. Pretty sure I don't have cIOSCORP (not sure what it is at least), so, do I really need to sacrifice one of my GC controllers to use this?

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,168
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,559 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCell View Post
    1. Not sure how to use bootmii, or what it is exactly. Is it just a program that I can load up on my card and use now? Or did I need to have installed it previously?

    2. Nothing happens why I try holding the reset button while booting.

    3. Pretty sure I don't have cIOSCORP (not sure what it is at least), so, do I really need to sacrifice one of my GC controllers to use this?
    Bootmii, preloader/priilaoder, and savemiifrii are explained in the post I linked you to. How did you load your backup? You don't have to sacrifice a gc-controller, you can just give up and buy a new wii I suppose.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  12. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Bootmii, preloader/priilaoder, and savemiifrii are explained in the post I linked you to. How did you load your backup? You don't have to sacrifice a gc-controller, you can just give up and buy a new wii I suppose.
    LOL. I'd rather sacrifice the $5 controller. I'll check out the link then. I didn't actually use a backup (don't believe in piracy), and just booted off of the disk.

  13. #10
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,168
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,559 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCell View Post
    LOL. I'd rather sacrifice the $5 controller. I'll check out the link then. I didn't actually use a backup (don't believe in piracy), and just booted off of the disk.
    When you get savemiifrii to work, put the Metroid other disk in again at the savemii screen. If your lucky, it will update again. But to be honest, this does not sound very good for you. Let me know what system menu is displayed after savemiifrii. Is it 4.3 or is it 3.2 or other. Post back with that before you put that disk in.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  14. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •