Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Corrupt System Files

  1. #11
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Yes, Just follow my instructions with preloader. Priiloader is just a modification of preloader so no worries. Your internet connection should still be in-tact so lets try it that way first. Post back once you give it a shot and let me know how it goes.


    EDIT: Make sure to install Priiloader before exiting HBC in the last step if you are not asked to recover in Dop-Mii. You can download Priiloader here. Make sure to put this on your SD card as well and run the hacks.ini and enable the options to block all online and disc updates.
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 07-06-2010 at 09:11 AM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  2. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks streamlinehd for your quick and detailed responses. Appreciate your support and will let you know when I do the fix. Will be picking up a GC controller tomorrow from GameStop. Thanks again.

  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    Yes, Just follow my instructions with preloader. Priiloader is just a modification of preloader so no worries. Your internet connection should still be in-tact so lets try it that way first. Post back once you give it a shot and let me know how it goes.


    EDIT: Make sure to install Priiloader before exiting HBC in the last step if you are not asked to recover in Dop-Mii. You can download Priiloader here. Make sure to put this on your SD card as well and run the hacks.ini and enable the options to block all online and disc updates.
    I tried the following but the system dumps when attempting to download IOS60 from NUS. I ran a syscheck which shows:

    DOP-Mii Report
    Region North America (U)
    Hollywood Version 0x11
    Wii Unique DeviceID 50795985

    IOS Version FakeSign ES_Identify NAND Flash
    250 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    249 (v14) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    61 (v5661) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    60 (v6174) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    55 (v5149) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    53 (v5149) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    50 (v4889) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    38 (v4123) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    37 (v3612) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    36 (v3094) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    35 (v3092) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    34 (v3091) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    33 (v2834) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    31 (v3092) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    28 (v1293) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    22 (v780) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    21 (v525) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    17 (v518) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    15 (v266) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    14 (v263) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    13 (v16) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    12 (v12) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    9 (v521) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled

    Thanks for your help

  4. #14
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    OK IOS looks good. Try offline installation...

    Put this on your SD card IOS60-64-v6174.wad
    In Dop-Mii select to install IOS60-64-v6174 but instead of installing from NUS choose to install from SD Slot.

    Do the same with System Menu-NUS-v449. Post back when done. Thanks
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 07-08-2010 at 04:11 AM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    OK IOS looks good. Try offline installation...

    Put this on your SD card IOS60-64-v6174.wad
    In Dop-Mii select to install IOS60-64-v6174 but instead of installing from NUS choose to install from SD Slot.

    Do the same with System Menu-NUS-v449. Post back when done. Thanks
    I tried loading the IOS60-64-v6174 from SD which I downloaded from your link above. However, I still the core dump. Thanks for all your efforts. I have loaded IOS249 in order to install the IOS60-64-v6174.wad. Do I have a bad IOS249?

  6. #16
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Did you use Wanikokos cIos installer to install IOS249? Try using IOS36 to install the wads. If that still doesn't work try IOS250

    If that all fails then use Wad Manager to install - Here is the wad manager dol to load from priiloader. (Put this in the root directory on SD card)

    Create a folder on your SD card named wad and put the IOS60-64-v6174.wad and System Menu-NUS-v449.wad in that folder.
    Then run wad manager and install both wads one at a time from SD card.
    In Wad Manager, first try loading from IOS249 if fail then IOS36, then IOS250 - Post back with results. Thanks
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 07-08-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    Did you use Wanikokos cIos installer to install IOS249? Try using IOS36 to install the wad. If that still doesn't work try IOS250
    Pardon my ignorance: Here's what I did:

    1. place the boot.dol on the root of SD; Installed it and then loaded it.
    2. Via dop-mii, selected IOS249 to use;
    3. At the IOS/mios option, select IOS60-64-v6174.wad to use from the SD card.

    Do you now want me to use Wanikokos cIos installer to install IOS249 instead of dop-mii? If so, do I need to place Wanikokos cIos installer in an apps. folder on SD or root?

    Thanks again.

  8. #18
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8nyker View Post
    Pardon my ignorance: Here's what I did:

    1. place the boot.dol on the root of SD; Installed it and then loaded it.
    2. Via dop-mii, selected IOS249 to use;
    3. At the IOS/mios option, select IOS60-64-v6174.wad to use from the SD card.

    Do you now want me to use Wanikokos cIos installer to install IOS249 instead of dop-mii? If so, do I need to place Wanikokos cIos installer in an apps. folder on SD or root?

    Thanks again.

    No, scratch that. IOS249 looks fine. Try using wad manager to install the wads by loading from IOS36 instead of IOS249 if IOS249 still doesn't work. Make sure the wads are in a folder on the SD card named wad. e.g. SD:/wad

    Then run wad manager and install all the wads from SD card one at a time

    You are also missing IOS56 and IOS57 download and install with Wad Manager as well.

    IOS56-64-v5405.wad
    IOS57-64-v5661.wad
    IOS60-64-v6174.wad
    System Menu-NUS-v449.wad

    Get all of this installed and you should be back in business.
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 07-08-2010 at 12:35 PM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    No, scratch that. IOS249 looks fine. Try using wad manager to install the wads by loading from IOS36 instead of IOS249 if IOS249 still doesn't work. Make sure the wads are in a folder on the SD card named wad. e.g. SD:/wad

    Then run wad manager and install all the wads from SD card one at a time

    You are also missing IOS56 and IOS57 download and install with Wad Manager as well.

    IOS56-64-v5405.wad
    IOS57-64-v5661.wad
    IOS60-64-v6174.wad
    System Menu-NUS-v449.wad

    Get all of this installed and you should be back in business.
    Ok...I downloaded the wad manager and loaded it. However, I cannot use the GC controller controls A to navigate to the next screen. If I press Reset, it core dumps on me. Using dop-mii I tried other IOS too instead of just ios249, however, the wii abends with all of them. Must be dop-mii but unfortunately with wad manager not responding to GC keys, I am at a loss on what to do next.

    Thnks for your help.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,570 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Try this
    Backup and format your sd-card
    Extract Dop-Mii_v12_CB2_BB2.zip to sd:\
    Hold reset and boot preloader
    Click load/install
    Install HBC-loader.dol
    Load the installed file, or set autoboot to installed file (which ever works)
    HBC should load, load dop-mii
    Select ios249 -press A
    Select ios, mios, bc -press A
    Select ios60-6174, install with all patches
    Press B back to main screen, select system menu
    Install SM 4.1
    Exit to HBC
    For offline install from sd, extract (4.1u)-System Menu-NUS-v449.zip and IOS60-64-v6174.zip to sd:\wad

    Extract Priiloader_0.4_BB2.zip
    and 4.x-hacks.ini.zip to sd:\
    Install priiloader with A or B +/A
    Hold reset boot into priiloader,
    Enable block disk and block online updates
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •