01-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Sure the first thing I will do is to take a backup of my console before trying to play with the settings. I have already started reading the articles and will follow this guide to ensure optimal protection. Can't wait to mess around with the features.
Would there be any side effects if I update the system menu online using the latest updates from Nintendo and thereafter restore / downgrade the system menu using the backup?
01-17-2011, 11:33 AM
no, if you restore from a backup its exactly back how it was before the update.
01-27-2011, 01:58 PM
I was just wondering if you were successful in determining if the cause of the error was indeed your hardware. I recently formatted my Nand using this method to recover from a full brick and I had a working Wiiconnect24 before I bricked, now after the format... I am also getting the 110213 error. I am on an NTSC-U Wii with 4.1U installed.
Originally Posted by Peter73
OH btw... huge thanks for this guide! I am very grateful to have a working wii again, even if it is lacking in the wifi department...
01-27-2011, 10:23 PM
I was dealing with him via PM and had created a new nand dump for him to test, I was waiting on him getting a gamecube pad and then communication stopped.
02-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Amazing! You made it to easy to do this. Thank You, and all the other NAND programmers who have written tutorials on this site!
I decided to roll the dice on a dead ebay console, and using streamlinedhd's "Infectus Nand Flashing Guide", along with this one made the recovery of this wii quite painless.
I was lucky and was able to install bootmii, also installed a tsop socket for my NAND, so I guarantee you this wii has not seen it's last bricking, because I've got some learning to do with it now.
02-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Very nice! Maybe now I can Fix my first Wii. I'm glad I kept it.
02-13-2011, 09:58 PM
hi kemeam, glad to know ur success. where u got the InfectuS modules? i tried to get from divineo, but stock is out.
02-13-2011, 10:31 PM
they still have the homebrew version, which is $10 cheaper.
However, im not completely sure what the difference is.
02-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Update boot2 to boot2v4 using dopmii, then reinstall bootmii.
Originally Posted by kemeam
once you are on boot2v4 theres pretty much no way to totally brick a bootmii/boot2 capable wii currently.
02-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
Curious. Boot2v4 is preferred over what... Boot2v2? Just asking, the user you responded to was somewhat vague on exactly what bootmii he had installed. My boot2 wii is boot2v2 --- I had thought no advantage to update that portion; maybe I'm drawing a wrong conclusion though (being I'm reading between the lines and it's quarter til 3am this end of things, lol).
Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84