Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: How to fix banner-brick with GC???

  1. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think savemii from savemii.net would work. (In the worst case)

  2. #12
    azv
    azv is offline
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Did you use our 3.1-4.1 guide linked below to softmod your wii? Other than neglecting priiloader installation, did you also skip the ios60patched install? Let me know, also- what wad did you install to bannerbrick your wii?
    Do you have the mario kart channel installled?
    mauifrog, no I didnt. WII came moded with wiikey. No, dont have ios60patched either.
    I was stupid enough to simply follow a guide to describe how to create a usb loader, and create wads so that games will show up as wiiware channel (using Loadstructor-1.7+cLoader-1.6). It worked well with a few games, but then I added a wad for another game (I know exactly which one), which bricked the wii and doesnt let the menu system load.
    I installed bootmii as ios, created a nand backup (didn't know it's useless w/o priiloader or cboot2) and installed cIOS38_rev14
    No I dont have mario kart channel.
    This is I'm able to boot games with the GC controller (SaveMiiFree). It just won't boot AnyTitleDeleter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller95 View Post
    So you can get into games? Don't know how that works, but...
    If you have SSBB, you can download smash stack and put WADManager or Anytitledeleter on the root of your SD, named boot.dol/elf, then activate smash stack. Then uninstall the wad causing the problems.
    Starkiller95 you mean just boot from Super Smash Bros. Brawl? What do I do with smash stack?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Opera brick, as described here I do believe...
    Will check this out. Thanks.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azv View Post
    mauifrog, no I didnt. WII came moded with wiikey. No, dont have ios60patched either.
    I was stupid enough to simply follow a guide to describe how to create a usb loader, and create wads so that games will show up as wiiware channel (using Loadstructor-1.7+cLoader-1.6). It worked well with a few games, but then I added a wad for another game (I know exactly which one), which bricked the wii and doesnt let the menu system load.
    I installed bootmii as ios, created a nand backup (didn't know it's useless w/o priiloader or cboot2) and installed cIOS38_rev14
    No I dont have mario kart channel.
    This is I'm able to boot games with the GC controller (SaveMiiFree). It just won't boot AnyTitleDeleter.


    Starkiller95 you mean just boot from Super Smash Bros. Brawl? What do I do with smash stack?


    Will check this out. Thanks.
    Smash Stack can be used to run any .elf file, normally used to install the homebrew channel. WadManager is an elf file I believe - or at least, there should be an elf version somewhere (I've got an elf AND a dol, so I dunno) - so put it on the root of your SD card named boot.elf and follow the instructions in the link. Then uninstall the wad.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. #15
    azv
    azv is offline
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Thanks maufrog- will work on this and will update here.

  6. #16
    azv
    azv is offline
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azv View Post
    Thanks maufrog- will work on this and will update here.
    Mauifrog, just to make sure I understand it correctly:
    currently, using SaveMiiFree I'm unable to boot any homebrew- so that means I dont have trucha bug.
    Your Mario-Kart method on (post 7) may restore the trucha bug- so I'll be able to boot homebrew-
    if it won't work, then only way out is either gbatemp's SDDm, or the wii-fit way.
    If these 2 solutions won't work, I have to wait for a game with a menu update.
    Did I get it all correctly?

    Thanks again mate.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by azv View Post
    Mauifrog, just to make sure I understand it correctly:
    currently, using SaveMiiFree I'm unable to boot any homebrew- so that means I dont have trucha bug.
    Your Mario-Kart method on (post 7) may restore the trucha bug- so I'll be able to boot homebrew-
    if it won't work, then only way out is either gbatemp's SDDm, or the wii-fit way.
    If these 2 solutions won't work, I have to wait for a game with a menu update.
    Did I get it all correctly?

    Thanks again mate.
    That sounds right to me. A disk update will not fix your wii, so forget about it. You need to uninstall that bad wad.

    I am going to test another option soon. It also relies on ios36 having the trucha bug patched. It may be possible to burn Wii Castilvanya, which runs on ios36, then burn a second copy of the game with the main.dol replaced with wadmanager 1.5. Then autoboot the original, push home, remove the disk and replace it with the patched one, the click restart. This could load wadmanager. It does not work with mario kart, or SSBB- ntsc (perhaps pal). I don#t know of any other games that run on ios36, which is commonly patched.
    The same method would probably work with other games if those ios where patched, but this is much less common and you would have the system ios patched if you took the time to patch the others.

    The benefit would be loading wadmanager and installing/uninstalling wads without messing with the system ios.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  8. #18
    azv
    azv is offline
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got you. Ok, will be looking forward to an update from you about Castilvania.

    Regarding mario kart: my wii is pal- so I assume only pal is required right?
    and, how can I tell if the iso is unscrubbed? i assume it should be a 4+ GB when it's rar-ed, right?

    Last, dont know if its appropriate to ask but I will ask anyways... can anyone point me to a working download of an unscrubbed version of mario kart pal?

    thanks!
    Last edited by azv; 04-17-2010 at 04:14 AM.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    The Castilvania method also works with a patched ios36. Tested it with wadmanager 1.4, if works. Tested it with wadmanager 1.5 mod, if fails. Also you need to remove and swap the disks, then push the home button- restart.

    I
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...-judgment.html

    Here is the other method, in detail
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •