Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Brick Wii Korean Wii LKM1072.. (after installing CiosCorp 3.6)

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    You could get lucky and the cioscorp could boot without a modchip.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  2. #12
    New Member da_letter_a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 116 Times in 19 Posts

    Exclamation

    Green and purple bars?

    I know exactly what happened.
    Your brick wasn't caused by cIOSCORP. It's caused by region info problems.

    When you installed System Menu 4.1U, you didn't change your region settings from Korean to USA, did you?

    Becuase of this, 4.1U is trying the load the Korean health screen, which it doesn't have, and so it throws a green and purple spaz.

    Since you have cIOSCORP installed, I can help you, but you'll need a GameCube controller, and some way to hold down all 4 d-pad buttons (you may need to open the controller).

    Do you have a GameCube controller, and some way to hold down all 4 d-pad butons?

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi da_letter_a,

    well my wii bricked after installing cioscorp and I did not attempt to do a region change.

    But wat i suspect is that cioscorp might not be suitable for Korean region wii that why causing the geen purple spaz as u explained.

    I just bought a 3rd party gamecube controller and I will try to attempt your suggestion, I will update you once there is an update.

    Thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by da_letter_a View Post
    Green and purple bars?

    I know exactly what happened.
    Your brick wasn't caused by cIOSCORP. It's caused by region info problems.

    When you installed System Menu 4.1U, you didn't change your region settings from Korean to USA, did you?

    Becuase of this, 4.1U is trying the load the Korean health screen, which it doesn't have, and so it throws a green and purple spaz.

    Since you have cIOSCORP installed, I can help you, but you'll need a GameCube controller, and some way to hold down all 4 d-pad buttons (you may need to open the controller).

    Do you have a GameCube controller, and some way to hold down all 4 d-pad butons?

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well just tried using the 3rd party gamecube controller, still the same and no response but my wii controller able to sync.

    Quote Originally Posted by orcus View Post
    Hi da_letter_a,

    well my wii bricked after installing cioscorp and I did not attempt to do a region change.

    But wat i suspect is that cioscorp might not be suitable for Korean region wii that why causing the geen purple spaz as u explained.

    I just bought a 3rd party gamecube controller and I will try to attempt your suggestion, I will update you once there is an update.

    Thank you

  5. #15
    New Member da_letter_a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 116 Times in 19 Posts
    Here's how to fix it (follow it word for word):

    You need to plug your GC controller into GC port #4 (the one closest to the memcard ports), then disassemble the controller.

    You then have to hold down all 4 d-pad buttons at the same time, and while holding them down, switch on the Wii. The Wii should then boot into recovery mode. This may take a few tries to do, since holding all 4 d-pad buttons at once can be dificult, depending on the controller. If you see a black screen with 4.1(KOR) in the corner of the screen, your at the recovery menu.

    Now, since you have cIOSCORP v3.6 installed, you can boot recovery discs from the recovery menu. Download this loadMii disc I made and burn it to disc:
    LoadMii (K) [0LMKHB] {TRUCHA SIGNED}.rar

    Then you need to download AnyRegionChanger MOD if you don't have it:
    http://www.wiibrew.org/w/images/d/d5...ce_and_dol.zip
    And extract it to your SD Card.

    In the recovery menu, put the loadMii disc in the Wii. It should then boot to loadMii.

    Use loadMii to load AnyRegion Changer MOD.
    Once at the main screen of ARC MOD, make sure your region settings look like this:

    "Language Setting:" English
    "Console Area Setting:" USA
    "Game Region Setting:" USA

    Then Save. don't change/do anything else!

    That should fix it.

    It is impossible for cIOSCORP to cause this problem you have. It is caused by E/U/J sysmenu trying to load K settings, so you must have installed an E/U/J sysmenu after you installed cIOSCORP. Installing a sysmenu also removes preloader.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You da_letter_a For This Useful Post


  7. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Recovery Mode

    Hi,

    I manage to use the controller to go into recovery mode but i tried putting the boot disc into the
    drive but nothing happens maybe its due to the new type of drives used in newer wiis.

    Pls kindly advise on next step

    tks

    Quote Originally Posted by da_letter_a View Post
    Here's how to fix it (follow it word for word):

    You need to plug your GC controller into GC port #4 (the one closest to the memcard ports), then disassemble the controller.

    You then have to hold down all 4 d-pad buttons at the same time, and while holding them down, switch on the Wii. The Wii should then boot into recovery mode. This may take a few tries to do, since holding all 4 d-pad buttons at once can be dificult, depending on the controller. If you see a black screen with 4.1(KOR) in the corner of the screen, your at the recovery menu.

    Now, since you have cIOSCORP v3.6 installed, you can boot recovery discs from the recovery menu. Download this loadMii disc I made and burn it to disc:
    LoadMii (K) [0LMKHB] {TRUCHA SIGNED}.rar

    Then you need to download AnyRegionChanger MOD if you don't have it:
    http://www.wiibrew.org/w/images/d/d5...ce_and_dol.zip
    And extract it to your SD Card.

    In the recovery menu, put the loadMii disc in the Wii. It should then boot to loadMii.

    Use loadMii to load AnyRegion Changer MOD.
    Once at the main screen of ARC MOD, make sure your region settings look like this:

    "Language Setting:" English
    "Console Area Setting:" USA
    "Game Region Setting:" USA

    Then Save. don't change/do anything else!

    That should fix it.

    It is impossible for cIOSCORP to cause this problem you have. It is caused by E/U/J sysmenu trying to load K settings, so you must have installed an E/U/J sysmenu after you installed cIOSCORP. Installing a sysmenu also removes preloader.

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    If you have a d3-2 drive that does not boot dvd-/+r, then you wont be able to boot dvd's. You could replace the dvd drive. You could try to update to 4.2k from a retail KOR Animal crossing city folk, if cIOSCORP will autoboot the retail disk.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. #18
    New Member da_letter_a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 116 Times in 19 Posts
    Oh, dang...

    It appears that I've overlooked that...

    Your seerial number shows that it DOES have a D3-2 drive...
    But your settings are still set to KOR region.

    So you have 2 options, and they both require money.

    1. Replace the D3-2 Drive with any other type of drive (D3 version 1 or older). You'll also need a triwing screwdriver, which most modchip sites sell.

    Or

    2. Get a legitimate copy of Animal Crossing City Folk Korean version, and put it into the Wii, and let it update. (It will update your Wii to 4.2K)

    I recommend replacing the drive with a different type of Wii DVD Drive, so that you can not only run the loadMii disc, but with a different drive, you can also play all burned discs!

    I'm not sure how much AC:CF KOR costs (don't even know where to buy one, but I know that DVD Drives aren't that cheap... (ozmodchips.com sells them for a hefty price, but they do have them.)

    Maybe you can rip a DVD Drive out of another Wii near you without paying much (maybe borrow a Wii from a local video store, or from somebody you can trick, and switch the drives around without them knowing hehehe... ).

  10. 1 User Says Thank You da_letter_a For This Useful Post


  11. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At last!!!!!!! I manage to borrow an older drive from my friend, I did the instructions and I manage to recover.

    Thank you so much everyone especially da_letter_a for being extremely helpful and detailed on wat to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by da_letter_a View Post
    Oh, dang...

    It appears that I've overlooked that...

    Your seerial number shows that it DOES have a D3-2 drive...
    But your settings are still set to KOR region.

    So you have 2 options, and they both require money.

    1. Replace the D3-2 Drive with any other type of drive (D3 version 1 or older). You'll also need a triwing screwdriver, which most modchip sites sell.

    Or

    2. Get a legitimate copy of Animal Crossing City Folk Korean version, and put it into the Wii, and let it update. (It will update your Wii to 4.2K)

    I recommend replacing the drive with a different type of Wii DVD Drive, so that you can not only run the loadMii disc, but with a different drive, you can also play all burned discs!

    I'm not sure how much AC:CF KOR costs (don't even know where to buy one, but I know that DVD Drives aren't that cheap... (ozmodchips.com sells them for a hefty price, but they do have them.)

    Maybe you can rip a DVD Drive out of another Wii near you without paying much (maybe borrow a Wii from a local video store, or from somebody you can trick, and switch the drives around without them knowing hehehe... ).

  12. #20
    New Member da_letter_a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 116 Times in 19 Posts
    No prob.

    Good to know you got everything working.

    So your Wii is now changed to 4.1U?

    Best not to update your Wii to 4.2 (even though cIOSCORP v3.6 prevents Error 003 on 4.2, but best not to update anyway).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •