Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 428

Thread: Preloader/Priiloader Brick Fix

  1. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    ok well i got the IOS and system menu to install. THANK YOU!!! now the next problem...the menu still doesnt come up. anything i can do???

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronicSick View Post
    ok well i got the IOS and system menu to install. THANK YOU!!! now the next problem...the menu still doesnt come up. anything i can do???
    That is not good, you just removed priiloader is the system menu installed. I have no ideas for you though, as you have failed to describe your troubles.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #83
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    cboot2 works. thats what i was using. i installed the system IOS 60 patched. then the 4.1 system menu. i got this wii off some guy who bricked it i thought i could fix it thats when the first of my problems came up. you handled it(very well i might add =]) and now i have this to worry about. nothing happens without the SD card. and if i use preloader to try and start the wii it just gives me the black screen. i can access the homebrew channel (thank God) but not wii menu. =[

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronicSick View Post
    cboot2 works. thats what i was using. i installed the system IOS 60 patched. then the 4.1 system menu. i got this wii off some guy who bricked it i thought i could fix it thats when the first of my problems came up. you handled it(very well i might add =]) and now i have this to worry about. nothing happens without the SD card. and if i use preloader to try and start the wii it just gives me the black screen. i can access the homebrew channel (thank God) but not wii menu. =[
    If you scan the wii with CB2_BB2_Dop-Ios_Mod-v11.5.zip, you may see in the cvs report that the wii region is "unkown". If this is the case, use CB2_BB_System-Settings-Replace_MOD.zip to replace your settings.txt. Just copy the settings.txt for your region to sd:\ and run the app with cboot2.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. #85
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hate to be another annoying amateur begging for help, but I'm not exactly sure the cause of my troubles is the same outlined in your tutorial at the start of this thread. My brother soft-modded my Wii a few months back but hasn't really shown me how to upkeep it. I just learned about IOS's about 6 hours ago (trying to play Mega Man 10) and got carried away with updating them. Using Dop-IOS I installed IOS70 v6687 and "dop"ed IOS60 v6174 (on a system that was running 4.0U). I realize now this was pretty stupid, but at the time my thought process was that it would allow me to play games that required 4.2, or just flat weren't working on my wii. I am getting the "Corrupt" screen, and I did already have PreLoader installed (v.29). I can get into the Homebrew Channel but I'm not really sure where I should go from here. Any help is extremely appreciated.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by dziggurat View Post
    I hate to be another annoying amateur begging for help, but I'm not exactly sure the cause of my troubles is the same outlined in your tutorial at the start of this thread. My brother soft-modded my Wii a few months back but hasn't really shown me how to upkeep it. I just learned about IOS's about 6 hours ago (trying to play Mega Man 10) and got carried away with updating them. Using Dop-IOS I installed IOS70 v6687 and "dop"ed IOS60 v6174 (on a system that was running 4.0U). I realize now this was pretty stupid, but at the time my thought process was that it would allow me to play games that required 4.2, or just flat weren't working on my wii. I am getting the "Corrupt" screen, and I did already have PreLoader installed (v.29). I can get into the Homebrew Channel but I'm not really sure where I should go from here. Any help is extremely appreciated.
    That is normal, reinstalling the system ios will break preloader. Use dop-ios-mod to reinstall your system menu (4.1/4.2), then install priiloader v0.3b.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  8. #87
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, thank you so much. Before reinstalling my System Menu it says I should install BootMii beforehand. Is this analagous to Priiloader or should I do this also?
    Last edited by dziggurat; 03-02-2010 at 08:26 AM.

  9. #88
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    You should install bootmii and priiloader
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  10. #89
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Installed BootMii (boot2) and backed up the NAND, reinstalled System Menu 4.2U, installed Priiloader 0.3b. I still can't boot to the Wii Menu (unless I launch the rebooter with Gecko), but I have a new trouble: my Homebrew Channel is now upside-down. Thinking this may have been caused by BootMii, I uninstalled it and installed it in the IOS, but I'm still having the same troubles.

  11. #90
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Reinstall bootmii as boot2- this is very important to have as boot2 if possible. Reinstall HBC to fix the inverted screen.

    As for your system menu, what happens when you boot it? Boot it from priiloader? Boot it from bootmii? Did you install ios70 with patches before or after priiloader install?

    Run CB2_BB2_Dop-Ios_Mod-v11.5.zip, scan the wii and post the cvs report here.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  12. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •