Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 427

Thread: Preloader/Priiloader Brick Fix

  1. #281
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Black Screen of Death?

    Hey guys, I've been reading this thread for some time now with an issue of black screen on boot up. I got this error by selecting the "Show Black Screen at Startup" in the Wii PriiLoader screen. I haven't been able to boot anything since and have tried a lot. I've got a gamecube controller and managed to find out my version is 4.2 USA. Can anyone help me out with this? I'm hoping this is an easy fix because it was a setting I selected rather than a corrupt install or anything like that.

    Much thanks for any tips.

    -Amillion

  2. #282
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,168
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,560 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Amillion View Post
    Hey guys, I've been reading this thread for some time now with an issue of black screen on boot up. I got this error by selecting the "Show Black Screen at Startup" in the Wii PriiLoader screen. I haven't been able to boot anything since and have tried a lot. I've got a gamecube controller and managed to find out my version is 4.2 USA. Can anyone help me out with this? I'm hoping this is an easy fix because it was a setting I selected rather than a corrupt install or anything like that.

    Much thanks for any tips.

    -Amillion
    Hold reset and boot the wii, keep holding reset. Priiloader will load, disable that hack.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #283
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Hold reset and boot the wii, keep holding reset. Priiloader will load, disable that hack.
    That's actually the first thing I tried and it won't work

    **EDIT SEE NEXT POST, FOUND OUT WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG**
    Last edited by Amillion; 09-05-2010 at 02:25 PM.

  4. #284
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amillion View Post
    That's actually the first thing I tried and it won't work

    OHHH MY GOD I LOVE YOU MAUI FROG

    The thing I was doing wrong is not holding reset BEFORE pressing power.

    Hope this is helpful to many people out there and thank you so much

  5. #285
    New Member black94850's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
    im getting a CRC error on IOS 70 now. tried downloading VIA chrome and IE on 2 separate computers, one on xp and one in vista.
    Black 1994 volvo 850 non-turbo, bilstien front/rear struts, IDP lowering springs - my daily
    ==========
    4.1u softmodded, 320gb WD external drive, running smoothly thanks to mauifrog
    ==========
    AMD phenom II x4 processor, black edition, 32gb ddr3 pc10666, 128gig SSD + 2tb WD internal hard drive, nvidia gforce GTX 560Ti, 2gb sc edition, 24" AOC LED + LG 24" LED
    ==========
    <<--------------------------------------- IF you found my post helpful, click the thank button over here!

  6. #286
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,168
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,560 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by black94850 View Post
    im getting a CRC error on IOS 70 now. tried downloading VIA chrome and IE on 2 separate computers, one on xp and one in vista.
    That is why we zip them up, it has corrupted. Here- IOS70-64-v6687.zip
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  7. #287
    New Member black94850's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    That is why we zip them up, it has corrupted. Here- IOS70-64-v6687.zip
    yeah, i dont know why your link worked, but it did.
    however, ive got a bigger issue now. the wii i was working on, all the installs work fine, i can still boot into priiloader and enabled the hacks it said to enable. however, when i boot the wii up now, i dont see anything but a black screen. the error message i was getting "the system files are corrupt' is no longer present and a black screen is all i see now.
    Black 1994 volvo 850 non-turbo, bilstien front/rear struts, IDP lowering springs - my daily
    ==========
    4.1u softmodded, 320gb WD external drive, running smoothly thanks to mauifrog
    ==========
    AMD phenom II x4 processor, black edition, 32gb ddr3 pc10666, 128gig SSD + 2tb WD internal hard drive, nvidia gforce GTX 560Ti, 2gb sc edition, 24" AOC LED + LG 24" LED
    ==========
    <<--------------------------------------- IF you found my post helpful, click the thank button over here!

  8. #288
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,168
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,560 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by black94850 View Post
    yeah, i dont know why your link worked, but it did.
    however, ive got a bigger issue now. the wii i was working on, all the installs work fine, i can still boot into priiloader and enabled the hacks it said to enable. however, when i boot the wii up now, i dont see anything but a black screen. the error message i was getting "the system files are corrupt' is no longer present and a black screen is all i see now.
    You didn't enable any other hacks other than the update blocks?
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. #289
    New Member black94850's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
    nope, i followed the guide verbatim and only enabled the hacks listed (only ones i ever used anyways)

    spoke too soon. while i was trying to figure it out on my own, i realized that initially, i did not load the boot.dol from the zip file, i loaded the one that was already on the SD card.

    anywho

    i redid most of the walk-through and am now looking at the wii channels screen and am on 4.1u now

    muchas gracias for this awesome guide!

    Please use the Edit function.
    Last edited by Jax; 12-28-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Merged Posts...
    Black 1994 volvo 850 non-turbo, bilstien front/rear struts, IDP lowering springs - my daily
    ==========
    4.1u softmodded, 320gb WD external drive, running smoothly thanks to mauifrog
    ==========
    AMD phenom II x4 processor, black edition, 32gb ddr3 pc10666, 128gig SSD + 2tb WD internal hard drive, nvidia gforce GTX 560Ti, 2gb sc edition, 24" AOC LED + LG 24" LED
    ==========
    <<--------------------------------------- IF you found my post helpful, click the thank button over here!

  10. #290
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Mauifrog, your guide saved me! I had 3.4E and installed Preloader. Doh! What an idiot. Luckily I had bootmii installed as boot2!
    Now after following your guide I have restored my system to 4.1E with Priiloader 0.4 installed and hacks working fine!

    I now have an upside down HBC. Should I reinstall a fresh version? Do I remove the old version first or just install over the existing one?

    Thanks again.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •