Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 403

Thread: OH SH*T: Black Screen of WII!!!

  1. #161
    New Member black94850's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
    disregard my post. i did something dumb but was able to correct the error. system is in working order now, on 4.1u
    Black 1994 volvo 850 non-turbo, bilstien front/rear struts, IDP lowering springs - my daily
    ==========
    4.1u softmodded, 320gb WD external drive, running smoothly thanks to mauifrog
    ==========
    AMD phenom II x4 processor, black edition, 32gb ddr3 pc10666, 128gig SSD + 2tb WD internal hard drive, nvidia gforce GTX 560Ti, 2gb sc edition, 24" AOC LED + LG 24" LED
    ==========
    <<--------------------------------------- IF you found my post helpful, click the thank button over here!

  2. #162
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi,
    Thank you for the informative post, however, none of the 3 options work for me.

    I had soft modded my wii using this guide New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii.
    I followed the instructions to the T and was able to soft mod my wii.
    however, since I did not have any backed up games, I was not able to fully test the modded capabilities.
    Then, i followed a guide to install USB Loader GX so that I could back up my games on to my usb hdd and play from there.
    This also, I was able to achieve succesfully, however, some of the games would throw up a blank screen, and I would have to force restart my wii using the power button on the console as the wiimote would not work once the blank screen came up.

    Last week, while further testing some games, which I have been playing for over a week now, i suddenly got the blank screen again for a working backed up game.
    Since then, I have restarted multiple times, even using the reset button, but nothing, i repeat, nothing comes up on screen. I tried using the reset button as well to load into pri-loader, but no effect.
    My tv continues to show No Signal. I have tested/re seated all connections between wii and my tv.
    I can use the power button on the wiimote to start the console, but once the green light comes on on the console, the wii mote stops functioning. Pressing any buttons results in the lights on the wii mote flickering for a while and then stops.

    Have I officially bricked my wii? I hope to God that is not the case.
    Please advise.

  3. #163
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Black Screen Of Death (BSoD)

    Figured this was the best place to post.

    I just recently followed the instructions in the post NEW 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii and everything actually went perfectly fine until it came time to update to 4.1u.

    I loaded into Firmware Updater 4.1, waited for the updates to finish and then restarted the Wii. Now the wii just turns on via on the console and on the controller, but no video.

    Bootmii was installed as boot2 and I did make a NAND backup.
    preloader was also loaded because before this black screen I was able to get into preloader

    I've formatted my sd-card *scandisk* to include both the bootmii folder with the keys.bin and nand.bin files, but when booting I still just see a black screen and no gui. I've also tried using the sd-card with cboot2 + wad manager v1.4 and still no gui, just black screen.

    Per the savemii - wii troubleshooting, it says I'll need a savemii dongle to troubleshoot this one.

    Any ideas what else can be done b4 I actually buy the dongle. was hoping not to spend anything to do these things, but if I have to in order to fix it, I guess I will.

    Btw mauifrog, which part of maui u from? I stay upcountry side.

    shoots, thanks in advance!

  4. #164
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,580 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyscottclone View Post
    Figured this was the best place to post.

    I just recently followed the instructions in the post NEW 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii and everything actually went perfectly fine until it came time to update to 4.1u.

    I loaded into Firmware Updater 4.1, waited for the updates to finish and then restarted the Wii. Now the wii just turns on via on the console and on the controller, but no video.

    Bootmii was installed as boot2 and I did make a NAND backup.
    preloader was also loaded because before this black screen I was able to get into preloader

    I've formatted my sd-card *scandisk* to include both the bootmii folder with the keys.bin and nand.bin files, but when booting I still just see a black screen and no gui. I've also tried using the sd-card with cboot2 + wad manager v1.4 and still no gui, just black screen.

    Per the savemii - wii troubleshooting, it says I'll need a savemii dongle to troubleshoot this one.

    Any ideas what else can be done b4 I actually buy the dongle. was hoping not to spend anything to do these things, but if I have to in order to fix it, I guess I will.

    Btw mauifrog, which part of maui u from? I stay upcountry side.

    shoots, thanks in advance!
    If you have boot2 bootmii, you should be good.
    Backup and format your sd card
    Extract MMM_CB2.zip to sd:\
    Extract cIOS60-v6174.zip to sd:\wad
    Extract

    cIOS60-v6174.zip


    Extract (4.1u)-System Menu-NUS-v449.zip to sd:\wad
    Now boot the wii with the sd card in, MMM will load
    Select Wad Manager
    Press 1, install all wads, press A
    3 wads install

    Now format the sd card and reboot the wii, it should start.
    Reinstall priiloader
    Enable update blocks.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. #165
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    If you have boot2 bootmii, you should be good.
    Backup and format your sd card
    Extract MMM_CB2.zip to sd:\
    Extract cIOS60-v6174.zip to sd:\wad
    Extract

    cIOS60-v6174.zip


    Extract (4.1u)-System Menu-NUS-v449.zip to sd:\wad
    Now boot the wii with the sd card in, MMM will load
    Select Wad Manager
    Press 1, install all wads, press A
    3 wads install

    Now format the sd card and reboot the wii, it should start.
    Reinstall priiloader
    Enable update blocks.
    Ok i just tried what you suggested, but same thing is happening. I get absolutely no video signal, just a black screen. Everything seems to turn on correctly, the unit can be turned on manually or by the remote. Green LED light on Power, LED lights up in DVD drive slot, when I press the buttons on the controller I just get flashing lights on the bottom of the controller to indicate what player # I am.

    It does not boot into MMM, because once I turn it on nothing will show up on the screen. I'm pretty sure I installed Bootmii as Boot2, but regardless it seems like it's not booting into an OS/GUI for me to navigate in order to fix it.

    Any other ideas or did I just turn this thing into a very heavy paper weight?

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,580 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyscottclone View Post
    Ok i just tried what you suggested, but same thing is happening. I get absolutely no video signal, just a black screen. Everything seems to turn on correctly, the unit can be turned on manually or by the remote. Green LED light on Power, LED lights up in DVD drive slot, when I press the buttons on the controller I just get flashing lights on the bottom of the controller to indicate what player # I am.

    It does not boot into MMM, because once I turn it on nothing will show up on the screen. I'm pretty sure I installed Bootmii as Boot2, but regardless it seems like it's not booting into an OS/GUI for me to navigate in order to fix it.

    Any other ideas or did I just turn this thing into a very heavy paper weight?
    Sounds like a paper weight to me. You can send it out for nand programming possibly.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  8. #167
    New Member roysolid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I install bootmii but boot2 doesn't work for some reason since I hacked my wii

    no I have blank black screen and nothing work Is there a hop for my wii ?

  9. #168
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    yet another brick

    hey guys ive got a wii and i dont really know how to go about fixing it its a launch wii that freezes on the health screen with 4.3
    no bootmi
    no priiloader
    recovery menu loads

    any help will be greatly appreciated

    :EDIT:
    also its not a hardware issue all part tested with another mainboard
    Last edited by alareac; 11-06-2010 at 09:23 AM.

  10. #169
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,587
    Thanks
    1,872
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    If this is a launch-Wii (meaning a few years old), someone like Erikie, Bad_Ad84, or DeadlyFoez can inject BootMii/boot2 via NAND programming. It'll cost you (fairly reasonable) and get you out of this mess.

  11. #170
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well i do have a drive with a chip installed if that can help with recovery disks

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •