Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 314

Thread: Semi-Brick, system settings locked, Opera error.

  1. #301
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aader View Post
    thanks , GameCube controller i have.but i get into RM got blackscreem,cannot saw system version and region.game disc run failed.
    That means you've missed a very important (potential) hardware failure. ..... Think about it!

  2. #302
    New Member aader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhome View Post
    That means you've missed a very important (potential) hardware failure. ..... Think about it!
    hardware problem? idont think that.

  3. #303
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aader View Post
    hardware problem? idont think that.
    You don't think that, or you don't want to think about that?

  4. #304
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    I doubt it is a hardware failure. There was a system menu (old) that did not display a version number in RM. Try sticking a game into the wii (in region) when you get to the black screen, let it sit for 30min, try that with all the in region retail games you have. Perhaps something nice will happen. This wii is region changed yes? You said it was Jap, was it region changed to Jap or from Jap to something else? I believe that the wii was region changed and the proper region select channel was not installed, then a system format was done initializing the region select channel which may not be there. This can also happen via an out of region disc update, but only on older system menu's to give this error at boot. Lets assume that the black screen is RM and it is working, try updating from a proper in region retail disc. Just do savemiifrii, then when you get the black screen, put in the disc and let it sit for 30min.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. #305
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Update your wii via disc update to a higher system menu version number. Make sure you update from the proper region disc.
    i want to try disc update for my semibricked Wii.my Wii is ver. 4.3U, i'd like to know what's the proper region disc for my Wii?thanks before.

  6. #306
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by aqueousverm View Post
    i want to try disc update for my semibricked Wii.my Wii is ver. 4.3U, i'd like to know what's the proper region disc for my Wii?thanks before.
    You can't use disc update since you are already 4.3. You will need to either figure out what your mac address is and use letterbomb, or use on of the disc updates to hack the wii an install the proper system menu.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  7. #307
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    You can't use disc update since you are already 4.3. You will need to either figure out what your mac address is and use letterbomb, or use on of the disc updates to hack the wii an install the proper system menu.
    Mauifrog, may i ask a question......
    i elieve there're ways to search out the MAC from a semi-bricked Wii. Could u name it for reference ?
    e.g. -- via the router
    -- from a NAND dump
    -- what else ?
    Thx.

  8. #308
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    a friend of mine passed me a console with modchip only. No softmod ever done. i believe it's a console at 3.x version--- it's bricked for long -- after playing an out-of-region game disc !

    power it on, the screen immediately shows the typical OPERA ERROR Message, without showing the Health Warning and without a need to press the A button.
    blu-teeth module works fine, wifi module works fine. However, no way for me to get into Maintenance Mode, no matter what i tried with the GC controller or pressing the A_+_- keys all together. it seems the GC port is not working at all.
    I checked the circuitry continuity of the GC port; and found no defect.
    Tried to load in autoboot game disc, or MMM disc; but nothing.... just the disc keep on spinning.
    Has anyone any idea ???
    any suggestion would be appreciated, but not asking me to flash the NAND.
    thanks
    Last edited by billyhome; 02-25-2013 at 04:31 AM.

  9. #309
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhome View Post
    a friend of mine passed me a console with modchip only. No softmod ever done. i believe it's a console at 3.x version--- it's bricked for long -- after playing an out-of-region game disc !

    power it on, the screen immediately shows the typical OPERA ERROR Message, without showing the Health Warning and without a need to press the A button.
    blu-teeth module works fine, wifi module works fine. However, no way for me to get into Maintenance Mode, no matter what i tried with the GC controller or pressing the A_+_- keys all together. it seems the GC port is not working at all.
    I checked the circuitry continuity of the GC port; and found no defect.
    Tried to load in autoboot game disc, or MMM disc; but nothing.... just the disc keep on spinning.
    Has anyone any idea ???
    any suggestion would be appreciated, but not asking me to flash the NAND.
    thanks
    You need to get it into recovery mode to fix it. Does savemiifrii give the opera error, or a black screen? I assume savemiifrii is working fine for you on another wii.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  10. #310
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    You need to get it into recovery mode to fix it. Does savemiifrii give the opera error, or a black screen? I assume savemiifrii is working fine for you on another wii.
    (yes, savemiifrii worked fine on another Wii's.) in this problematic one, savemiifrii gave the OPERA ERROR eventually after 10~15 seconds, nothing but a black screen in between.

    after re-reading thread #304, i intend to follow your words ..."Try sticking a game into the wii (in region) when you get to the black screen, let it sit for 30min, try that with all the in region retail games you have. Perhaps something nice will happen." any good, plz ?

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •